1/6 SooSooToys - SST032 - Watchmen - The Punchline (The Comedian) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really happy with this figure. Going to do a minimum adjustments to him I think, superb straight out of the box even less work than Rorschach. Just watched Watchmen again tonight, genuinely reinforced how 'in' for this line I am. Must be the 6th or 7th viewing and still love every second of it.

View attachment 595655
Its in my top 10 movies , always amazed how many film fans havent seen it though.

Got mine in the other day, it's pretty great in hand! Esp for a 3rd party figure, they did a nice job matching the paint to the body all over. Nice job on that.

Got mine today but too much going on to unbox it. Tomorrow!

789D49DF-B03B-4AE9-9E16-7310D46FB05A.jpeg

Gorgeous figure.
Only downside it misses the young headsculpt wich is a shame.

Got mine and as I expected from the pics the thighs were lacking (ganghood muscular body without the thighs add ONS) so I added muscular thighs (thin ones o got from another figure). I also had those veiny Barney ross forearms so I swapped them.

I was going to get parts for my hot toys comedian (elbow pads, slit cut boots and hands) and use the second soosoo hs but even with those mods it feels useless as it's really dated now and surpassed by the soosoo one.
Still the shotgun and grenade launcher have nicer colors on the hot toys.

I love the no nonsense soosootoys packaging that saves you a lot of space when storing but I would do without their ugly stands.
Simple ones are better.

Dont miss it seriously.

View attachment IMG_20220824_180623.jpg

What’s going on here? Are these elbows even designed to bend? Does this construction design even make sense? There’s no way I can see to bend them.

C8627EBD-31A7-44D0-A129-0E4B5B683C7A.jpeg

79DD4172-D286-45BE-B575-4ACBF298BCB0.jpeg

C73BFBFF-D021-451B-9DD3-EADFCAB82B54.jpeg

Yes they do.
But do warm the body elbows before bending them they were super tight on mine.

Yeah, heating it up with a blow dryer did the trick. There actually is a joint hidden under the skin where the faux ball joint is painted on. That’s so weird.

Last edited:
Weird?
Been like this since the mms117 10 years ago, this one is a ganghood muscular body.
It's a hot toys knock off.

I guess the joint is normal after all, there was just sort of a weird illusion created by my heating it so much I think.

Anybody has the Hot Toys and the SooSoo toys side-by-side ?
Would be curious to see how the Hot Toys one aged (good or bad)

So good that I had to order a second one from giantoys was lucky they had stock at regular price.

What do you guys think about how the heads sits out of the box it's lower to give him more of a bulldog vibe but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Back