1/6 SooSooToys - SST032 - Watchmen - The Punchline (The Comedian) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They immeditely said they were going to replace it with fabric. The very same day they announced the figure.
I probably didn't really pay attention on news for it, outside the first images when it went up. I'm sure there will be some stock somewhere.

The truth is , pleather material degrading is VERY spotty. Some people get it some do not. Its much more related to storage and display conditions than the material used.

I have just about every “problem” figure talked about in the degrading issues ….all are still perfect….

Yeah, I think the single most important factor is climate control. If the humidity remains consistently low and temperature remains stable pleather can hold up fine.

The pleather on my Hot Toys Odin, Catwoman and Black widow are flacking.
The worst one is black widow almost the whole suit was starting to pell off, so I sold it as quickly as I can
The pleather on my Hot Toys Odin, Catwoman and Black widow are flacking.
The worst one is black widow almost the whole suit was starting to pell off, so I sold it as quickly as I can
Yeah this is kinda the point. If you have that many figure with issues time to take a look at your enviornment.

De humidifier, only handle them with gloves , watch out for natural light…

We have been down this discussion road many times. It alwasy comes back to enviornment.

Yeah this is kinda the point. If you have that many figure with issues time to take a look at your enviornment.

We have been down this discussion road many times. It alwasy comes back to enviornment.
It's quite insane when you think about it isn't it, humidity, gloves, sunlight - for a space dolly! I totally get it though - small (and pricey) works of art so you'd expect quality and rightly so. Longevity is the only real issue.

Does anyone in the know, have any ideas when SooSoo will drop the rest?

I only ask because Rorschach was about this time last year if I remember correctly and should be released soon.

Now they've just dropped The Comedian about a year later.

So if you use that pattern we'll get one a year over six years - that's a long time!!!

I am joking, but kind of serious too...

Does anyone in the know, have any ideas when SooSoo will drop the rest?

I only ask because Rorschach was about this time last year if I remember correctly and should be released soon.

Now they've just dropped The Comedian about a year later.

So if you use that pattern we'll get one a year over six years - that's a long time!!!

I am joking, but kind of serious too...

No, no idea about the release schedule. But at least Soosoo did say that they intend to make the whole team and hinted that Ozymandias will be next after Rorschach and Comedian. Rorschach is expected to release like literally any day now. Giantoy had said that they were hearing late November or December.

Last edited:

Only 3 figures from 90+
All 3 figures were bought from Ebay
Black Widow suit started peeling within the first month, Odin and Catwoman were previously displayed so probably it’s the environment of the previous owner.

Anybody has pics of the non produced hot toys young comedian headsculpt?
i think it was by Trevor grove or Andy Bergholtz.
Thanks

Would have to be a new/separate thread I know, but I wonder when SooSoo will drop their Ozymandias? So excited for this line, Watchmen (comic and film) is simply one of my all time favs.

Agreed it’s my favorite comic film outside of the first Hellboy.
Yeah nice - the first Hellboy film, totally agree. Damn shame because that would have been a nice trilogy had the third one worked out - which is what Big Red deserves. Though saying that, for all its faults I do like the reboot - simply because David Harbour did a great job with the character I thought.

Yeah nice - the first Hellboy film, totally agree. Damn shame because that would have been a nice trilogy had the third one worked out - which is what Big Red deserves. Though saying that, for all its faults I do like the reboot - simply because David Harbour did a great job with the character I thought.
You and I must be the only two, because I loved the new film. I felt it was even more true to the comics and Hellboy’s demeanor and attitude. Harbour did an insanely good job.

You and I must be the only two, because I loved the new film. I felt it was even more true to the comics and Hellboy’s demeanor and attitude. Harbour did an insanely good job.
It was OK, but suffered from the same thing that ASM3 did - it tried to jam too much into one movie.

Anyone know if this has been delayed with the big C causing more lockdowns in China? Wonder when Soosoo will drop Ozymandias…

Anyone know if this has been delayed with the big C causing more lockdowns in China? Wonder when Soosoo will drop Ozymandias…

This only went up for preorder a couple months ago; I think their Q2 estimate is pretty fast, but they still have until the end of June technically.

This only went up for preorder a couple months ago; I think their Q2 estimate is pretty fast, but they still have until the end of June technically.
I know I know - I’m just impatient. As we all have - I’ve waited years for this line and just want them all like right now! 😄

Back