1/6 SooSooToys - SST032 - Watchmen - The Punchline (The Comedian) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is great news! Props to SooSoo for giving the figures Hot Toys never would.

Intrigued to see what they do with Dr Manhattan. Maybe that UV light glow effect HT have used on some of their Spidey figures.
I'm hoping that they'll be two bodies with the Doc, a "normal" articulated body with a trim black suit and a seamless body (with underwear?) for his general appearance.
I guess he'd only come with the one head-sculpt, however the shouting/screaming expression would be cool as well. We'd essentially have 2 figures for the price of one, if not a slightly higher price point - perhaps a deluxe version. That would suit me.

I wonder what accessories he'll come with if any aside from various hands, the picture of him and Janey...

I love the touch with rorschach having the diary/badge and the Comedian having the team picture and whisky bottle.

Count me in with them all,

Hell yes! A favorite character of mine. Already preordered.

I believe he actually wore a muscle suit for the film.

As in a prosthetic muscle suit. Its very well done, but you can tell here there in certain lighting/creasing.
Yup you guys are right. I need one of these :lol

4xo2tg4e1is51.jpg

Damn I had no idea he wore a literal muscle suit - I just thought he was a stockier guy during that era (same with The Losers) and was always surprised how thin he got.

Last edited:
Masked portrait is definitely the way I'll display this figure. Great news about the full team lineup. I was never crazy about the HT Silk Spectre II, so curious to see how SooSoo's turns out. Then will just need to pick up Ozymandias, Night Owl and Doctor Manhattan.

While I am thrilled to see so many great looking figures coming from SooSoo, I wonder if they're spreading themselves thin. They're apparently committed to Watchmen and Arrowverse, but things have been pretty quiet on The Boys (beyond Bill and Homelander) and Marvel comic figures (beyond Gambit). It's possible Star Ace is squealing on them regarding The Boys and Sideshow is probably trying to quash their Marvel comic line.

I am really concerned about the leathery material will it hold
The truth is , pleather material degrading is VERY spotty. Some people get it some do not. Its much more related to storage and display conditions than the material used.

I have just about every “problem” figure talked about in the degrading issues ….all are still perfect….

Giantoy and TNS are both excellent in my experience so far. Great customer service, free worldwide shipping.

The truth is , pleather material degrading is VERY spotty. Some people get it some do not. Its much more related to storage and display conditions than the material used.

I have just about every “problem” figure talked about in the degrading issues ….all are still perfect….
The pleather on my Hot Toys Odin, Catwoman and Black widow are flacking.
The worst one is black widow almost the whole suit was starting to pell off, so I sold it as quickly as I can

The pleather on my Hot Toys Odin, Catwoman and Black widow are flacking.
The worst one is black widow almost the whole suit was starting to pell off, so I sold it as quickly as I can
Rise Figures are making a really leather suit, boots and arm sleeve replacement for TDKR Catwoman. Taking interest right now.

Geewhiz Customs has made custom real leather pants replacement for Odin, just have to email them. However, they have a 6month wait.

just throwing that out there in case you were interested.

Rise Figures are making a really leather suit, boots and arm sleeve replacement for TDKR Catwoman. Taking interest right now.

Geewhiz Customs has made custom real leather pants replacement for Odin, just have to email them. However, they have a 6month wait.

just throwing that out there in case you were interested.
That’s perfect
Thank you

I had to preorder, I should have gotten Rorschach but I didn't like the material for the coat but now I should have gotten it.

I don't know is it just me but I feel his head is a slightly too large compared to his body. I wish they could have bulked him up a bit more to make the proportions a little bit more even.

Other than that I think it looks awesome. I'm sure like many I too missed out on the HT release, so I'm glad Soosoois giving collectors who missed out a second chance at this figure.

I had to preorder, I should have gotten Rorschach but I didn't like the material for the coat but now I should have gotten it.

They immeditely said they were going to replace it with fabric. The very same day they announced the figure.

Back