1/6 SooSooToys - SST032 - Watchmen - The Punchline (The Comedian) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean folks can quibble over __ out of 10 for the masked head sculpt, but HT has the same issues much of the time. It seems none of HT’s artists can get Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman quite right for example. I’m still on the lookout for an affordable custom head sculpt that nails her likeness for my Deluxe WW.

Anyway, this looks like HT level imo. I’ll give the masked sculpt 8/10.

Last edited:
Even the masked sculpt looks weird to me. Pass.

It looks very good to me in some pics, and maybe a little off at some angles in some others. Normally when I have that issue I wait until there are in-hand YT reviews. In a situation like this problem is if you sleep on it the opportunity passes and then on aftermarket the price is insane.

Whatever that ribbed material is for the vest, I hope it’s designed to hold up over time. Hopefully some type of durable plastic. Like if it’s rubber that will eventually start to crack. The HT Rorschach suit is reportedly disintegrating, no idea material HT used. Anyway…
There's no such thing as a commercially available HT Rorschach - they did a prototype, but of course never released it, because why would you release the most popular character?

My HT Comedian is in excellent shape, no deterioration, but this one is still going to replace it. I too hope there's a Manhatten in the works - the DC Direct version is trash. Since no one has taken a shot at Night Owl or Ozymandias, I'm hoping SST will - I'd buy both. Even if SST does her, I'll probably stick with the HT Silk Spectre.

Also, fun fact: the same person who sculpted the DC Direct Comedian head sculpted the HT head. Apparently something to do with easier licensing approval and DC Direct trying to control the product?

For $160 or whatever it is this feels like a no brainer. It's not perfect but since it's not $250+ I don't feel the need to nitpick.

Not decided if I'm going to collect the whole line yet or just wait for Dr Manhattan.

There's no such thing as a commercially available HT Rorschach - they did a prototype, but of course never released it, because why would you release the most popular character?

My HT Comedian is in excellent shape, no deterioration, but this one is still going to replace it. I too hope there's a Manhatten in the works - the DC Direct version is trash. Since no one has taken a shot at Night Owl or Ozymandias, I'm hoping SST will - I'd buy both. Even if SST does her, I'll probably stick with the HT Silk Spectre.

Also, fun fact: the same person who sculpted the DC Direct Comedian head sculpted the HT head. Apparently something to do with easier licensing approval and DC Direct trying to control the product?

Oops I mistyped there, meant to say HT Comedian. I did not know HT made a Rorschach prototype! (Haha, yeah baffling why they’d not release by far the most popular character in the movie!)

FYI, was thinking of this video:

SooSooToys said that they're looking into doing a younger sculpt due to the demand. Might be a separate accessories set like what they did with the Butcher figure.

This is awesome news! Asmus has done similar things to win over hardcore fans by making updated head sculpts available without having to buy the entire new figure.

Last edited:
Looks good to me, I hope they make Nite Owl next!
They said that they are doing the entire team.

8M7I3hm.png

Jeffrey-Dean-Morgan-Malin-Akerman-Patrick-Wilson.jpg

Overall it's nice, but not feeling either sculpt to be honest. Masked sculpt is decent but unmasked looks pretty bad to me. Also, not sure the Bane body is appropriate for JDM's physique. Was he that big/bulky back then? Looking at him on WD, he's a really thin guy. SooSoo has been using that bigger body for a lot of their figures lately.

Overall it's nice, but not feeling either sculpt to be honest. Masked sculpt is decent but unmasked looks pretty bad to me. Also, not sure the Bane body is appropriate for JDM's physique. Was he that big/bulky back then? Looking at him on WD, he's a really thin guy. SooSoo has been using that bigger body for a lot of their figures lately.

I'd say it's pretty accurate, actually, judging from these pics:

The-Comedian-watchmen-film.jpg

590_20_watchmen-the-comedian-flamethrower.jpg

watchmen-comedian.jpg

comedian.jpeg

I believe he actually wore a muscle suit for the film.

I mean folks can quibble over __ out of 10 for the masked head sculpt, but HT has the same issues much of the time. It seems none of HT’s artists can get Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman quite right for example. I’m still on the lookout for an affordable custom head sculpt that nails her likeness for my Deluxe WW.

Anyway, this looks like HT level imo. I’ll give the masked sculpt 8/10.
The prototype of Wonder Woman Golden Armor head is good

Woah! Never thought I'd see the day lol, all bought!
Same for me, love both the source material and the film especially - is one of my favourite films because it turns the superhero genre on its head and some, with flawed characters that have pretty serious issues. Really fun take, it deserves more love.

Back