1/6 SooSooToys - SST-036 - The Suicide Squad - The Tactician (Bloodsport) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad that you're happy with your purchase, but I've got to agree with DCFett - that looks nothing like Idris Elba. But I suppose if you're planning on posing him with the helmet on that's not an issue. The outfit does look to be of high quality, but maybe the figure is a tad thin for Elba? It's been a while since I've seen the movie, so not sure if that's the case.
Forget the sculpt, his fingers don't even match the tone of his skin! How do you mess that up?

I've got no skin in the game, but headsculpt looks to have really (and badly) softened up in production and skintone doesn't look right for Idris Elba either.

I think they maybe did.
View attachment 597722
Ouch! I believe it is not that much of an issue with this character because most people may pose him with the helmet on anyway, but SooSoo needs to be more careful with future releases. This one is by no means as good as their Robin, Rorschach or Comedian headsculpts. Let’s hope this is not an indicator for them becoming lazy...

I think the head sculpture is great, its only weakness was bady was too thin. So I changed the body which from HT captain America.
It's not finished yet, the final look will be released later~:)
a7e8f0edab64034f47298cd8eac379310b551d1f.jpg

4d988cd6277f9e2f66d153d65a30e924b999f318.jpg

This head sculpt is killer. The pictures really aren't doing any justice, and I can't figure out why/how to get it right. A lot of it is that his jaw line is lost in pics, but not in hand. Cameras also seem to have a hard time getting his skin tone right. A lot of the face details are getting lost in that as well. It exceeds expectations.
PXL_20220919_234132841.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
This head sculpt is killer. The pictures really aren't doing any justice, and I can't figure out why/how to get it right. A lot of it is that his jaw line is lost in pics, but not in hand. Cameras also seem to have a hard time getting his skin tone right. A lot of the face details are getting lost in that as well. It exceeds expectations.View attachment 599708
Yeah I just opened mine up and was very impressed in person just how good the sculpt is compared to pictures.

Any chance you can give us some tips on how you fixed the armor straps? They look on point! 👌
Thanks firend, I just took all his clothes off and put them back on again, using fabric glue to secure the armors. Like the shoulder armors on both sides, need to be removed from the clothe, and glued them back in the correct position.

From the pics I’ve seen, Thunder. I’ve got one currently on the way but it’s like he never released very wide with many US retailers never having got him.

Got the Thunder Toys Bloodsport today. Here is a quick comparison of the Idris headsculpts. Neither is perfect but I do prefer the Thunder Toys sculpt and coloring (Soosoo is a bit too light in skin tone)

IMG_5287.jpeg

Parts of the suit are die cast as are the weapons. They don’t seem too heavy for posing though, which was a concern. They are a bit ruff on the hand paint as a finger got a bit of a scrap just getting one of the guns in. No clear trigger finger hands though, which was odd but his guns aren’t exactly normal either. He does have a Caucasian body and wrist pegs, which feels really lazy. Hoping to swap out the pegs at least.

The biggest bonus is the Starro spore that can attach to a figure head. Here it is next to the Sideshow Starro from Superman.

IMG_5288.jpeg

He’s a decent addition to the Squad. Still surprised there hasn’t been a Harley from the second Suicide Squad film done by anyone yet. But her, Deadshot, King Shark, Polka Dot Man, Peacemaker, and Bloodsport would make for a decent squad. Hope someone gets around to making a Waller at some point too.

Back