1/6 SooSooToys - SST-036 - The Suicide Squad - The Tactician (Bloodsport) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So most ppl are leaning towards soosoo? I really want a bloodsport and I still can't decide lol. I don't really care about head sculpts as mine will have the mask on.. so I'm trying to decide who's tailoring and detail look better. Hmmm

I feel like the proportions on the thunder toys is slightly better

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-U8N56DSZxNtET.jpg

Hmmm…I’ve never owned a SooSoo Toys figure but immediately gravitated toward it based upon their reputation alone.
I intend Bloodsport to be the first of my figures from this company.
With that said, I can escape the conclusion that side but side the Thunder Toys figure definitely looks better…painful, but true…

If Hot Toys don't make those figures I'm pretty confident SooSoo will.
Did you say “if” Hot Toys doesn’t make those figures?
That’s a good one!
I have news for you…Hot Toys will be making those figures…they’ll be releasing in the same quarter with Batman Returns Penguin and Catwoman, Batman 66 Joker, Die Hard John McClane, Batman Begins Ras Al Ghul, and, I think we’re getting Clarence Boddicker to go along with those Robocop and ED 209 figures…ETA when Hell freezes over.

Damn... I feel like the small details are more accurate on soosoo. Like the small placing of some of the metal pieces and how they line up.

But the actual texture of the suit for thunder toys, particularly the arm material looks closer to how it looks in the film. As well as the superior proportions. They really are neck and neck for me lol.

Think I'm going to go thunder toys.... Feel like it's all around just a tad bit better put together.
I think he has a slimmer fit while the soosoo is just a tad bit too bulky.

a13d62b3d2.jpg

4f922a4de2.jpg

07d3c86329.jpg

Problem with Thunder toys is can you have any confidence in them to deliver a quality final product? With SooSoo we can.

More soosoo pics for direct comparison. I think Bleah is right, the midsection is adding to that stiff look. I dunno... something just seems off. But he def isn't bad either
272314666_334136041898067_5263401153516274047_n__26370.1642934843.jpg

272125347_334135848564753_4937730595095307622_n-380x570.jpeg

205732vmcmjkaqbcdjzcm4__19786.1643091007.jpg

Very true. Never ordered from them so that's a toss up
You're also missing Thunder Toys underscaled helmet. They need to scale that up because right now it looks too underscaled.

I also think overall SooSoo proportions are better. Idris isn't really a slim dude. The side straps next to his abs are also not gonna give you any articulation on Thunder Toys that you can get on SooSoo. You're not bending his chest that much to the left and right no matter what. You'll be limited to his main center ab plastic piece anyways, which is pure plastic on both.

I've also never heard of Thunder Toys before. I rather go with SooSoo which has a good reputation and record of producing quality figures in the end and not just their prototypes. SooSoo armor detailing overall is also more accurate. Look at how flat ThunderToys shoulder piece is compared to SooSoo and the movie version. SooSoo has it right.

Thunder Toys:
wrBH0H2.png

Movie + SooSoo:
YETk8ho.jpg

y2xv1Bg.png

Problem with Thunder toys is can you have any confidence in them to deliver a quality final product? With SooSoo we can.
I have a Thunder Toys figure and am quite happy with it. True that SooSoo has a longer history and I’m happy with the 4 or 5 figures I’ve bought from them also. I still maintain both should be good, with the chance of one being excellent in hand.

Proven quality and more accessories are the pros for Soosoo. Better looking body proportions with suit material and, for now, better looking headsculpt are the pros for Thunder Toys. It's a hard decision.

Some photos of Thunder. That pose with the guns up really captures Bloodsport. Helmet head looks somewhat fine but may be undersized as mentioned. I think Soosoo needs a longer neck piece for their helmet head.

Some photos of Thunder:

20220131_210908.jpg
20220131_211019.jpg

20220131_210924.jpg

20220131_210937.jpg
20220131_211007.jpg

Attachments

• 20220131_210951.jpg
    20220131_210951.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 17
You're also missing Thunder Toys underscaled helmet. They need to scale that up because right now it looks too underscaled.

I also think overall SooSoo proportions are better. Idris isn't really a slim dude. The side straps next to his abs are also not gonna give you any articulation on Thunder Toys that you can get on SooSoo. You're not bending his chest that much to the left and right no matter what. You'll be limited to his main center ab plastic piece anyways, which is pure plastic on both.

I've also never heard of Thunder Toys before. I rather go with SooSoo which has a good reputation and record of producing quality figures in the end and not just their prototypes. SooSoo armor detailing overall is also more accurate. Look at how flat ThunderToys shoulder piece is compared to SooSoo and the movie version. SooSoo has it right.

Thunder Toys:
wrBH0H2.png

Movie + SooSoo:
YETk8ho.jpg

y2xv1Bg.png
You're using a poor picture to showcase the shoulder pads on thunder toys. It's sticks out just fine in other shots(see Bleah's pics above). And Idris is definitely a slim guy in certain parts of his body, mainly the arms is what I'm referring to.

Screenshot_20220131-213752~2.png

Not really skinny but for sure on the slimmer side at least arm wise. He certainly didn't look bulky in the suit either which I actually really loved.

Bloodsport_Suit.jpg

And although this could be a stunt double for most of the helmeted scenes... He looked like a fit slim assassin. The soosoo version is just a bit too thick. I still believe overall material (looks more accurate) and proportions go to thunder. I'd also say the pants look much much better

Last edited:
I have a Thunder Toys figure and am quite happy with it. True that SooSoo has a longer history and I’m happy with the 4 or 5 figures I’ve bought from them also. I still maintain both should be good, with the chance of one being excellent in hand.
Thunder has a long history, it's just new name under experienced 3rd party company

Thunder Toys is not a "new" company.

Many fail to realize (or perhaps are just ignorant and/or oblivious) that many of the known brand names we are aware of are actually a shell name of an existing brand.

As for how/why such brands have more than one name, I don't know. There are probably a number of reasons they do that. No different than some 1:6 collectors using a variety of online aliases in social media and online groups like CF.

I bought their Keanu Reeves Constantine figure. I was very happy upon opening it, I believe that are also doing the Polka Dot Man that’s up for order too, might be worth buying the Thunder version for consistency.
--

Rumor has it that certain distributors are unable to offer Polka Dot Man due to IP/licensing (i.e., C&D, etc.), but it'll be made available "under the table" to those who absolutely, positively, and undeniably must have it.

Of course, the vendors who are already soliciting it have no qualms about IP/licensing, etc. so what's the point?

Back