1/6 SooSooToys - SST-036 - The Suicide Squad - The Tactician (Bloodsport) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to mention: Someone pass on to SooSoo to fix the skin tone on the expoed fingers - otherwise, phenomenal-looking figure! They are #1 in the third party world in my honest opinion.

Yep, gonna buy this! Really happy it comes with an unmasked sculpt. I hope they also make a Ratcatcher. SooSoo has really rejuvenated this hobby for me.

Last edited:
Gotta give it to SooSoo for the amount of stuff they're putting out and from the looks, keeping the quality high on the finished products.

I wonder how all these unlicensed DC figures seemingly fly under the radar. I mean if they’re noticed it doesn’t seem like much is being done to stop them.

There are Marvel ones too, but the DC ones seem much more abundant (probably because so many DC characters are ignored).

Both figures look great. Leaning to SooSoo's because I've liked what they've produced in the past. Thunder Toys looks equally solid so it's almost a toss-up. I don't know how two different companies end up producing the same character at virtually the same time. I wonder if SS is also planning a Polka Dot Man. Surprised there hasn't been a Harley shown yet given that she'd probably be the best seller of the team.

Both headsculpts look good to me. I guess it'll just come down to if the accessories with the thunder toys version are any different.

I trust SooSoo's production quality over a random new company. SooSoo also looks to have more detail and panel lining on the armor compared to Thunder. I wouldn't display this with the sculpt either way so don't really care for that. That helmet design is too cool to put in the box.

Not to mention the Thunder Toys version seems to suffer from a major small head syndrome with that helmet. Looks like a baby sized head.

AND61Xi.jpg

Last edited:
I know Soosoo has proven quality but there are some things I find better looking with Thunder Toys. It's hard decide right now and I guess in-hand product reviews will be the determining factor which one I'll go with. I wonder where can I PO both without any deposit and easy cancelation.

I know Soosoo has proven quality but there are some things I find better looking with Thunder Toys. It's hard decide right now and I guess in-hand product reviews will be the determining factor which one I'll go with. I wonder where can I PO both without any deposit and easy cancelation.
--

None that I'm aware of.

I remember when SSC executed their NRD policy due to so many collectors pre-ordering, then cancelling repeatedly right, wrong, and indifferent and also how some literally abused the system.

Vendors took note and over the years vendors too adopted a NRD policy to mitigate loss (i.e., unsold stock).

Distributors too are experiencing NRDs with the brand/manufacturers and the finite number of factories due to a variety of business reasons.

So if any of us want it, then we got to pony up the deposit and risk it hoping the end production design and quality is worthwhile. If not, then we cancel and lose the deposit.

If no pre-order and wait until it's released and you want it, but it's sold out, then that is the ramification. I see a lot of collectors get whiny how they missed out, etc. I miss out on offerings too.

That's the new reality.

The days of no deposit for pre-orders, etc. are long gone.

Not sure which version I’ll order yet. I do have a Thunder Toys figure and it’s quite good quality. I bought the Keanu Constantine figure last year, and was very impressed with it when it arrived. I’ve also enjoyed every figure I’ve bought of SooSoo’s as well so I think each will turn out good.

This just makes me sad how hard Hot Toys dropped the ball with The Suicide Squad.

I get the reasons why they were hesitant to make figures for the film, but I would’ve loved to have figures of Harley Quinn, Peacemaker, Bloodsport, Polka-Dot Man, Rat Catcher II, and Rick Flag to go with King Shark.

Not even making at least Harley Quinn is kind of surprising. The film is amazing and deserves more good merchandise. It’s basically only Funko Pops, Funko Mystery Minis, mediocre McFarlane figures, a couple of statues, and a handful of import figures.

Such a shame.

Last edited:
Back