1/6 Scale HUSH Batman Figure by SSR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally disgusted by this. Glad I opened it immediately. There were no broken bits in the package, not that this could have happened the way it’s boxed anyway, so obviously someone at SSR dropped the sculpt, broke it, then wrapped it back up and sent it on its merry way. 😡

E763FAAB-9A3E-4537-9F0C-3244C1D6DDA6.jpeg
7E2FD55D-AF52-41BE-A943-3C7ADD8DC64B.jpeg

wow that's awful! That should not happen for a $250+ figure! So, what are the heads made out of then? Never seen a break like that on standard headsculpt plastic.

Looks like the head is made of resin, to break off like that.

It seems increasingly likely that this figure is more akin to a custom-made figure, than an actual production-run figure. They probably bought the World Box bodies at retail (hence the $250 cost) and modified each one themselves, assembled all the outfits, etc. Hence why the emblem is more like a sticker, rather than something that was printed or screened onto the suit.

Yes, it’s resin and I totally agree with what SwedishHeat said. This seems more like a custom figure rather than a production figure.

I’m not sure I’ll be buying another SSR product. I’ll have to see what it’s like on the shelf. For now I just tucked him back in the box while I’m waiting on what OSC can do about it.

That really sucks to hear. Even worse to have it happen to you. Though, it would make sense as to why those Worldbox bodies dried up a lot around eBay. Sellers that still have it, want like $80-$100 from a quick glance

This isn't the only issue I've seen Kit from OSK contacted me that a few people have reported broken sculpts, and I have a crack on my bandaged sculpt myself that came out of the box. Not only that but I asked kit about the paint bleeding from the neck piece and he told me SSR said it's normal just to wipe it with paper towl which I've done and it still paints my fingers blue. Smh this was a very unwise purchase a part of me didn't know if I should have bought it but now I feel I won't get anywhere near $250 back if I sell it.

Paint bleeding from the neck piece? Do you mean it leaves blue on your fingers or it’s coming off on the other clothing?

Yep, I dug him back out of the box and sure enough, I can rub paint right off the regular cowl neck. The bandaged one seems to be fine.

I went ahead and snapped a pic while he was out and double checked the rest of him. He actually looks nice on the shelf.

The body size is an issue and so is the odd fact that the cowl and sculpts don’t quite match the fabric but the gloves, gauntlets and boots do. Very strange. And the bat symbol being done in that weird, thick, dust magnet rubber material is a head scratcher. The muscle definition doesn’t show thru at all like in the proto pics which is a shame too.

I’m going to look at this as a custom figure that I probably would have had to pay double this price for if it was a commissioned piece. Hopefully SSR tightens things up before they move on to Hush Supes.

025EF40E-0799-4195-B06B-A30592426FA6.jpeg

I just received the fig today too. It looks pretty good... Not great. Definitely a bit overpriced but I've always wanted a good 1/6 comic batman. I posted a pic beside batfleck to get an idea of the height.

PXL_20211027_015504529.jpg

Paint bleeding from the neck piece? Do you mean it leaves blue on your fingers or it’s coming off on the other clothing?
It leaves blue on the fingers and a blue lines on the bodies neck. It sucks I'll post an image soon of what I mean.

My bandaged head had a chipped ear too. Kit offered to get a replacement for me once SSR produced more. It's strange they're casted in a really brittle plastic. Feels like a custom for sure.

Yep, I dug him back out of the box and sure enough, I can rub paint right off the regular cowl neck. The bandaged one seems to be fine
Nevermind didn't read this part until after I posted but you see what I mean. And they said it's normal! What?! How is paint coming off a $250 figure normal??? Wish they actually tried to work with kit to make the sculpt and neck piece more of the same pvc plastic as the gloves and boots.

To seal the cowl/neck piece and keep the paint from staining anything else, I sprayed the inside and outside with Testors Dullcoat. Now there is no more paint coming off. It works perfectly. Wipe out the residue off from inside then use the Dullcoat. Let dry and you will be good to go. Cheap and easy. Dullcoat can be purchased from Hobby Lobby. In the Model Paint section. I hope this will be useful.

I contacted SSR studio on Instagram about the neck paint issue and they said it is best to let it dry for a day or two? Not sure if that works, mine is still being shipped.

Same thing happened to my bandaged head :(
The bandaged head on mine was missing both ears, and they don't appear to be in the box. Kit had sent an email asking the condition of the figure, so I responded back with photos. I'll be using the regular head anyway, which seems to have arrived in good condition. My biggest complaint so far would be the lack of ab/body definition through the suit. Also, as others have said, I'm afraid to try to move the arms - they seem very stiff.

This figure is a total piss poor disappointment. The head sculpts are hollow, minuscule and made of egg shell. The Body is bloated and strange at best. He is also wearing pair of blue santa claus boots. Honestly couldn't be much worse. Lesson learnt I guess. It feels more like a SSC knock off.

I just got it today and I'm disappointed how this turned out. The cowl neck piece on the normal version has paint bleeding I had to wipe it down with a paper towel. The body is a world box and has a ab connection that changes the way the torso looks. Apart from that I switched it out to a Tbleague body M35 and it looks better but I really don't understand why they didn't go with that body in the first place. Sorry for the bad images. Also if you do decide to switch the body out be extra careful with the suit if you pinch it to much you'll get the suit frayed and it will suck. View attachment 542136View attachment 542137
How does the abs part look from the back? How is it connected? Thank you for showing that pics :D

Back