1/6 Scale HUSH Batman Figure by SSR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the confirmation on Instagram that the bust is not included. I seriously doubt a stand is included either.
Looking forward to receiving mine anyway and it is shipping tomorrow.

Too bad; I would like to have a solid comic (not movie or animated) - based Batman 1/6 figure in my collection & I though this might be it. Despite the overwhelming other issues, the DC Direct is the least fugly head sculpt of any commercially released comic Batman, although there have been some other close attempts, but they've usually scaled too small (like this one).

Why is this so hard when Tony Mei is cranking them out like there's no tomorrow and his all look great?

Too bad; I would like to have a solid comic (not movie or animated) - based Batman 1/6 figure in my collection & I though this might be it. Despite the overwhelming other issues, the DC Direct is the least fugly head sculpt of any commercially released comic Batman, although there have been some other close attempts, but they've usually scaled too small (like this one).

Why is this so hard when Tony Mei is cranking them out like there's no tomorrow and his all look great?

This looks better than anything Tony tiny heads Mei has put out regarding hush.

Yes, this price seems a little high but Tony's would have been double. I'm excited for mine

This has to be on an altered WorldBox AT027 body based on the latest Instagram picture.
It's a great body made even better with the altered torso but way too tall. Unfotunately a body swap might be needed after all.
1633621403183.png

1633621290183.png

This has to be on an altered WorldBox AT027 body based on the latest Instagram picture.
It's a great body made even better with the altered torso but way too tall. Unfotunately a body swap might be needed after all.
View attachment 540818
View attachment 540816

We chatted about this earlier and I think we determined it was the same body that was used for the KO BvS SUPERMAN which is, yes, unfortunately too tall.

I wish they'd use a material with shading and make it look closer to the appearance of the Prime 1 statues rather than a cheap spandex.

I might have found a replacement body depending how tall it is in hand. It's essentially the same body type minus the upper torso so I might do so modding on it. But I hope they do more figures and actually try to improve the bodies.

Someone asked SSR the same question an hour ago and there hasn't been a response yet.
It would be nice, but I don't think so based on the picture of the inside of the box I found (unless it's well hidden). Personally I would have preferred an unmasked head rather than the bandaged one.
View attachment 540694
nice that they at least updated the accessories to something Hush inspired rather than straight recasting the BvS Batman batarangs and the SS grappling hook like the initial promo pics showed.

I'm looking forward to seeing someone take out the body to see what it actually looks like under the suit.
This looks better than anything Tony tiny heads Mei has put out regarding hush.

Yes, this price seems a little high but Tony's would have been double. I'm excited for mine
Yea, I have to agree. Tony Mei's stuff tends to look nice enough, but his prices are crazy for what you get IMO. I still remember the sting/ripped off feeling I got when I purchased one of his "film accurate" Cavill Superman capes that were supposedly taken right from the movie measurements and colored matched to b/c he knew "someone" who let him handle the real cape (could be true, not saying it's not). However, that cape was nothing special when I got it in hand and he charged a premium for it b/c of the story behind it. Both Jaxon and Unreal's movie capes are better material, cost less and look more accurate (to me at least).

nice that they at least updated the accessories to something Hush inspired rather than straight recasting the BvS Batman batarangs and the SS grappling hook like the initial promo pics showed.

I'm looking forward to seeing someone take out the body to see what it actually looks like under the suit.

Yea, I have to agree. Tony Mei's stuff tends to look nice enough, but his prices are crazy for what you get IMO. I still remember the sting/ripped off feeling I got when I purchased one of his "film accurate" Cavill Superman capes that were supposedly taken right from the movie measurements and colored matched to b/c he knew "someone" who let him handle the real cape (could be true, not saying it's not). However, that cape was nothing special when I got it in hand and he charged a premium for it b/c of the story behind it. Both Jaxon and Unreal's movie capes are better material, cost less and look more accurate (to me at least).
I agree with you about that. Although Tony Mei makes good capes and custom figures they cost to much. Unreal and jaxon have proven they are better at providing quality stuff for less then what Tony charges so it's definitely no big deal.

View attachment 540818
View attachment 540816
Look like the same issue all the DC Direct "1/6" figures had - nearly an inch on any other 1/6 scale figures.

Look like the same issue all the DC Direct "1/6" figures had - nearly an inch on any other 1/6 scale figures.
So true. I had all of the those figure. I use them for my stop-motion movie "Heroes Faith", and not a one exist to this day. I upgraded every last one. I will be doing a body swap for sure on this HUSH Batman for sure. I already have the seamless body in waiting. I'll use the original body for another custom.

So true. I had all of the those figure. I use them for my stop-motion movie "Heroes Faith", and not a one exist to this day. I upgraded every last one. I will be doing a body swap for sure on this HUSH Batman for sure. I already have the seamless body in waiting. I'll use the original body for another custom.
I hear you my friend. I had a ton of the DC Direct 13" figures.

Might I ask which seamless body you plan to use? M34?

I have a custom Alex Ross Superman on a Justice League Superman body that I could convert over to an M35 and use that body. To me that is the best Superhero body but the days of wishing Hot Toys would release bodies separate are unfortunately long gone :(

Another possibility is upgrading an original Sideshow Batman to this new SSR Batman and using that body. Other than the looseness, that was another great superhero body.

I have a custom Alex Ross Superman on a Justice League Superman body that I could convert over to an M35 and use that body. To me that is the best Superhero body but the days of wishing Hot Toys would release bodies separate are unfortunately long gone :(

Another possibility is upgrading an original Sideshow Batman to this new SSR Batman and using that body. Other than the looseness, that was another great superhero body.
yea, that's my plan, to hopefully grab a loose body or two to upgrade both the original Sideshow Superman and Batman figures, just depends on if the neck area of the body is painted or not. I'd hate to have to repaint that area to match my superman sculpts. It's a pain to try to remember the exact color combo I used years ago when I first paint those up. The original Worldbox paint matches close enough to what I have paint on my headsculpt.

But I agree with you, the HT Superman MoS, Bvs, and JL bodies are some of the best superhero type bodies around. I wish TBLeague/Phicen would make a body that has those proportions. The M34/35 can only go so far and sometimes look a little wonky when they're put in suits that weren't tailored to those bodies.

Let me see if it will even work first, then I will give a full reveal with all info. Love your Nightwing brother. That head is perfect.

Back