1/6 Scale Blade Runner Spinner (scratchbuild)

Help Support Collector Freaks:

Marine Boy

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Attaching the wheel covers. There's still some work to be done to align all the panel edges. I was going to keep the rear bodywork separate, to access the batteries, but gluing it to the roof, allowed me to smooth the panels together, more easily.

spin141.jpg

Battery access will be through the wheel covers. These are meant to double as wings during high speed flight.

spin142.jpg

Fitting LED strips to the front wheel covers. The glass panels just push in.

spin143.jpg

spin144.jpg

Marine Boy

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Building the channels needed for the EL wire.

spin145.jpg

EL wire installed temporarily. They will be glued in after painting is complete.

spin146.jpg

spin147.jpg

Building the oval side windows. It is taking a long time to match all the curved surfaces.

spin148.jpg

Marine Boy

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
A quick update on the build so far. There is still some chassis flex, so the doors don't fit properly when its on it's wheels. I will reinforce the floor pan some more. Once the glass is in place, that will help too.

spin149.jpg

spin150.jpg

spin151.jpg

spin152.jpg

spin153.jpg

spin154.jpg

EL wire fitted to the interior parts.

spin155.jpg

Marine Boy

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Fitting EL panels to the wheel covers.

spin156.jpg

Unfortunately, I'll have to redo the yellow panel. The EL sheet is quite fragile. I tried to trim the edge down with a scalpel which was a mistake. It's better to cut with scissors, as it applies pressure on both sides. The scalpel only puts pressure from one side, causing the layers to separate, giving that messy edge. Done properly, it gives a nice even glow.

spin157.jpg