1/6 Scale Blade Runner Spinner scratchbuild (Complete!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, this is just incredible. I've recently gotten back into scratchbuilding, but can't imagine working with all these different curves and managing to include some functionality as well! Just stellar work.

Last edited:
I managed to get the wheels sorted out. There is a lot of weight at the front and rear ends, which was causing the floorpan to distort, so the drive shaft was being bent out of shape. After adding reinforcement, the shaft now turns smoothly. Getting the car onto it's own wheels is a major milestone in a build.

spin103.jpg

The back end is sitting a little low, as the rear springs aren't quite strong enough to take the weight.

spin104.jpg

Even the Aston looks small next to it.

spin105.jpg

Last edited:
Looks SUPERB, great craftsmanship and detail on this Blade Runner classic vehicle. As a side note, did you ever posted pictures of your 007 Aston Martin all finished??...was looking forward to see in those since is one of my favorite Bond Aston Martin car after the DB5 car!!!

I haven't made a proper thread for the V8 Aston's big reveal yet. In the months before Xmas, the UK weather forecasters were adamant that snow was imminent, so i decided to wait. It would have been perfect conditions for it, as well as an update on the Snowspeeder, but alas, nothing came of it. I will do it soon.

I haven't made a proper thread for the V8 Aston's big reveal yet. In the months before Xmas, the UK weather forecasters were adamant that snow was imminent, so i decided to wait. It would have been perfect conditions for it, as well as an update on the Snowspeeder, but alas, nothing came of it. I will do it soon.
Or you could fly it out to Vienna for on-location city shots. ;) I live a block from the "Bratislava" locations (tram station, Kara's apartment with phone booth, tram yard). The theater exterior with the sniping post is only 7 minutes by tram. I once did a detailed breakdown for my district museum off all the locations used, which was pretty tricky as every other tram ride shot shows a completely different location along the shooting area. The Aston Martin rear projection was the toughest to figure out, but it's actually just three or four blocks away from the primary shootning locations.

No, but i may tackle that in the future, although I'm not as big a fan of 2049, as much as the original. There's a long list of other projects i want to do as well.

I've been working on the interior lately, as well as the window frames. The glass is definitely going to be the trickiest part of the build.

spin108.jpg

The dash displays will be printed onto paper and backlit from behind.

spin109.jpg

The paper is stuck to thin white plasticard. This helps to diffuse the light and create an even glow. I'll put in a piece of acetate on top for the glass.

I've been working on the interior lately, as well as the window frames. The glass is definitely going to be the trickiest part of the build.

The dash displays will be printed onto paper and backlit from behind.

Make yourself a solid buck from wood(Or styrene shims and car body filler), and call Nicola at Mongoose Plastics in Glenrothes. They have done work for me in the past and they will make you a clear canopy.

Back