1/6 REDMAN TOYS - The Lost Man (David)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, @Rzeznikk !

How did you blend the lamb’s fur up into the molded hair to make it transition so well?

And any tips as far as how best/where to Dremel the molded mullet off?
I think its easiest to show than to try and explain 😆

I'd cut right behind the mid ear level and go across. The tuff of fur I left on the "skin" to build bulk. Then added layers of fur going up with the Roket glue. Hope that makes sense.
Screenshot_20220926_172257.jpg
Screenshot_20220926_172318.jpg

I think its easiest to show than to try and explain 😆

I'd cut right behind the mid ear level and go across. The tuff of fur I left on the "skin" to build bulk. Then added layers of fur going up with the Roket glue. Hope that makes sense.View attachment 600482View attachment 600483

This is actually a tremendous help; I'm a visual learner, so seeing these pictures is invaluable :) I'm more than a little nervous as I mentioned previously that I snagged the last one from KGHobby and the last thing I want to do is ruin the head sculpt...
Is it one of those situations where you just take your time & it's tough to mess it up, or is it more painstaking...?

Any other tips/final thoughts that come to mind to hold me over 'til the figure arrives? Anything in particular I should watch out for?
(I've got some time to psych myself up & drum up the courage to tackle this, LOL!)

Did you have to soften the molded mullet before cutting?
Is the plastic thick/prone to cracking or is it on the softer side and it cut/peeled away relatively easily?
Who's your Tibetan Lamb's Fur guy on eBay, lol!? 😜

p.s. those new/update pics you took with the red lighting should be plastered across every TLB fan forum for all to see. Honestly, exceptional work, man.

p.p.s. through your expertise, either of these two stack up/is this what I'm looking for? (One certainly leans more towards the WHITE-blonde spectrum of colour...)

1. M00672 MOREZMORE Tibetan Lamb Fur ECRU BLONDE Premium 4x4 for Doll Puppet Hair | eBay

2. M01357 MOREZMORE Tibetan Lamb Fur Mini Sample 2x2 ECRU BLONDE Doll Hair | eBay

Last edited:
This is actually a tremendous help; I'm a visual learner, so seeing these pictures is invaluable :) I'm more than a little nervous as I mentioned previously that I snagged the last one from KGHobby and the last thing I want to do is ruin the head sculpt...
Is it one of those situations where you just take your time & it's tough to mess it up, or is it more painstaking...?

Any other tips/final thoughts that come to mind to hold me over 'til the figure arrives? Anything in particular I should watch out for?
(I've got some time to psych myself up & drum up the courage to tackle this, LOL!)

Did you have to soften the molded mullet before cutting?
Is the plastic thick/prone to cracking or is it on the softer side and it cut/peeled away relatively easily?
Who's your Tibetan Lamb's Fur guy on eBay, lol!? 😜

p.s. those new/update pics you took with the red lighting should be plastered across every TLB fan forum for all to see. Honestly, exceptional work, man.

p.p.s. through your expertise, either of these two stack up/is this what I'm looking for? (One certainly leans more towards the WHITE-blonde spectrum of colour...)

1. M00672 MOREZMORE Tibetan Lamb Fur ECRU BLONDE Premium 4x4 for Doll Puppet Hair | eBay

2. M01357 MOREZMORE Tibetan Lamb Fur Mini Sample 2x2 ECRU BLONDE Doll Hair | eBay
Thanks,
It's been awhile but I don't remember boiling the head first before removing the mullet but I guess it wouldn't hurt in the long run.

Based on the pics of those listings I'd go with the second one. The first is a bit too platinum blonde I think.

Thanks,
It's been awhile but I don't remember boiling the head first before removing the mullet but I guess it wouldn't hurt in the long run.

Based on the pics of those listings I'd go with the second one. The first is a bit too platinum blonde I think.

As always, thank you! Boiling doesn’t damage the paint in any way, does it?
(Sorry for the 2 - 53 questions; like I said, this is completely new to me and I don’t wanna blow it!)

Noted - 2nd eBay link it is, thanks 😊

Any other general tips, or is that about it and it’s time to leave the nest?

As always, thank you! Boiling doesn’t damage the paint in any way, does it?
(Sorry for the 2 - 53 questions; like I said, this is completely new to me and I don’t wanna blow it!)

Noted - 2nd eBay link it is, thanks 😊

Any other general tips, or is that about it and it’s time to leave the nest?
I've never had it effect the paint at all. 🍻

Awesome! (It just sounds somewhat 'destructive', lol!)

Man, you've been unbelievably helpful, @Rzeznikk - simply can't thank you enough. Now to await the figure's arrival...

Cool if I message you should anything come up? I hate to bug but appreciate the support greatly!
No problem at all. Might want to reach out on my Cellar Toys instagram page as I don't normally check here as often. 🍻

Back