1/6 Premier Toys - The Warlord (Mad Max Immortan Joe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes different characters who happened to fly. I prefer the Gyro Captain to Jedediah but I am not really a fan of Thunderdome, especially after The Road Warrior. Thunderdome is the Return of the Jedi to Road Warrior's Empire Strikes Back.

Toecutter figure for me.

lt5e3Am.jpg

Keays-Byrne didn't need any fancy makeup or costume to look incredibly intimidating in the first MM film.
Maybe include a bonus sculpt, where his eyes are popping out of his head. :horror

You know, I dont think that they consider that to be true. The character in Thunderdome is technically different person isnt he?

I didn't know that! I just assumed it was the same character. Wow.

I never understood the hate Thunderdome gets. Its hard to recapture magic like TRW or ESB, so sequels are always the lesser.

But as far as they go , MMBT was a decent film, toned down too much obviously, and the lack of a serious car chase really hurts it…

I actually rate MMBT above the original MM which to me id a pretty hokey 70’s exploitation type film, thats had a few good scenes and some great performances….other than that, its kinda VERY 70’s film making.

But then again, I am a huge TLC fan, never understood the hate that got either. I personally think TOD is a pretty bad film, with terrible effects (even for that time) and scenes that are as laughable as KOTCS….( the whole raft/plane nonsense is right up there with the Fridge to me)

I have to admit I'll always have a fondness for Beyond Thunderdome too. It has a slightly weary feel in places and I found the 'lost tribe' slightly irritating, but Miller's rich imagination is still there in adundance throughout the picture. From the imaginative characters to the final flight over the post apocalyptic Sydney, visually it is quite stunning in places. For me though, Road Warrior is Miller's Magnum Opus. It's a genre defining film, as Blade Runner was to cyber punk. Gibson has only 19 lines of dialogue (from memory) but somehow he still manages to give an incredibly expressive performance. The action, suspense and style (as a sci-fi film) was groundbreaking for its time.

Last edited:
I just noticed, looking at the two photos of Joe I saved for hair reference, he had a scarf.

Immortan Joe 2.jpg
Immortan Joe.jpg

The figure doesn't have one, but it should be an easy fix.

In unfiltered photos it looks to the be the same light sand colour as the rest of his clothing.

2930481-entertainment_madmaxbts2_20150831.jpg

Very excited for this figure. It could be just the pictures; the paint looks flat. With some paint touch-ups to bring some depth this looks to be a fantastic figure. I've got a week, at the earliest.

I'm really looking forward to receiving this one.

The tracking for him stalled for a few more days than usual, which was odd because 4PX, who handle the first part of the delivery, have been pretty much clockwork in their regularity.

Turns out it was just the tracking that had stalled, not the parcel itself, because the system updated with the missing entries this morning.

Joe's airborne!

giphy.gif

:yess:

Back