1/6 Premier Toys - The Warlord (Mad Max Immortan Joe)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was more his personal volatility at that point….
I love Hardy as Max thou.

Barring any lawsuits that might be going on between Miller and Warner, I think it's incredibly telling that no sequels with Hardy as Max have been put into production. Just this Furiousa origin prequel with a new cast (and no Max in sight).

Miller's an odd dude though. He has a world of things "Max" and yet did nothing with him for how many decades? From 1986 to 2015. Has to be the longest distance between "sequels" since The Wizard of Oz with Fairuza Balk. The fact that nothing has come out of Fury Road for just 6 years isn't very telling. Hell, it now takes the Bond people 4-5 years between sequels.

True, and I definitely respect and admire Miller for that. Unlike so many franchises that nowadays are sequalized, spun off, sold and merchandised to the nth degree before the product even hits the public.

Totally agree Mr E. I would have really loved to have seen Mel return in Fury Road and I think he would have brought real gravitas and pathos to the role as an older, wearier, Max. He made Blood Father around the same time which was an OK action film but he still looked great in it.

Agreed. But I am surprised he didn't go with comics to keep Max relevant to the next generation. Or even the occasional graphic novel.

I know Thunderdome was such a terrible time for him with his friend that died, and then the disastrous experience the following year on Witches of Eastwick where he "gave it all up" -- until Babe -- but you'd think by the 90's he would have gotten back into it.

But listen, I would much rather have a Fury Road every 30 years than a glut of crap every 5.

I'm kind of surprised (and glad) Kennedy Miller has managed to hold onto the property and not sold it off to some faceless corporation.

I'm still undecided on whether I want to pick this up to go with my other Fury Road figures. Obviously he was a very memorable and badass villain, but... he wasn't exactly the most visually appealing character ever. Lol. And I think I'd be more tempted by a Nux or one of the wives. Or even Rictus.

I'll probably go for this cause I like Fury Road so much in general, but I definitely want a Nux!

Technically Millar has plans to do another Max with Tom it's just that his movies (Mad Max) take a long time to make Furiousa is still in pre-production as they just had an actor drop out, and the role has been recast. If we do see another movie about Max it will be a while longer.

I’m surprised and saddened to see that Hugh Keays-Byrne who played Immortan Joe died last year. He was a bad ass in this film. I can’t wait for this figure.

Really hope they make it look exactly like the proto in terms of the quality. I'm a bit disappointed in max that I don't even want it anymore.

If I knew that Premier (or some other company) was to release a Hardy Max, I would immediately pre-order this figure. I unfortunately missed the boat on a Hardy Max.

Thanks, Asta.

Just wanted to make sure that I didn't get a knock-off of a knock-off! :lol

This is an example of the box:

C_1.jpg

I was reminded of the discrepancy the other day when I went up into the attic to check what was left in it.

Back