1/6 Premier Toys - The Marauder (Mad Max 2 Wez)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The torso and the chest armour can defiantly be futzed with to look better
n1okXuz.jpg

Ankle connectors
FmOBt6k.jpg
zpY53qu.jpg

As you can see the ball joint on the figure is bigger then regular ankle connectors
vHVQzXX.jpg

Body on the right is a Worldbox body, as you can see the pegs are a little bigger but still not as big as the ones on the Wez figure

The neck connector on the other hand is smaller then most neck connectors.
Pz3hNCR.jpg

hez0au0.jpg

Peg on the right is the one from this figure
bqPbA3d.jpg

In short: It really looks like it might be a bit of a pain in the ass to do a body swap, The boots will struggle to stay on with regular ankle connectors and the neck/head connectors looks smaller then most neck connectors.

No doubt you could do it but it might take a bit of trial and error to get it right.

I wish there was some sort of standardisation in 1/6 :angryfist:

Variance between neck peg sizes on bodies is a constant nuisance. Usually fixable by swapping the rubber cup inside the head, or replacing it entirely with blue tack to secure it to the peg on the body.

Blue tack is also my go to solution for loose boots.

The torso and the chest armour can defiantly be futzed with to look better
n1okXuz.jpg

Ankle connectors
FmOBt6k.jpg
zpY53qu.jpg

As you can see the ball joint on the figure is bigger then regular ankle connectors
vHVQzXX.jpg

Body on the right is a Worldbox body, as you can see the pegs are a little bigger but still not as big as the ones on the Wez figure

The neck connector on the other hand is smaller then most neck connectors.
Pz3hNCR.jpg

hez0au0.jpg

Peg on the right is the one from this figure
bqPbA3d.jpg

In short: It really looks like it might be a bit of a pain in the ass to do a body swap, The boots will struggle to stay on with regular ankle connectors and the neck/head connectors looks smaller then most neck connectors.

No doubt you could do it but it might take a bit of trial and error to get it right.

I wish there was some sort of standardisation in 1/6 :angryfist:
Some of the male Tbleague figures have larger than normal ball joints, but those bodies may be too large for Wez.

It's a shame the base body is so skinny and that the clothing is toyetic. Fortunately the headsculpt came out pretty good, and that's usually the hardest thing to futz.

Great post Shells…

Connector issues are always present with body mods, its better when the connector in smaller than the hole. Pretty easy to fix when its too small….

If the peg is too large, thats a pain.

Variance between neck peg sizes on bodies is a constant nuisance. Usually fixable by swapping the rubber cup inside the head, or replacing it entirely with blue tack to secure it to the peg on the body.

Blue tack is also my go to solution for loose boots.
I use a different method ….Hot Glue.

Its secures the pegs , and then can be worked till the desired tightness is achieved.

You can always remove it entirely as well. Its a modification of the old super glue trick, but less permanent.

I fear removing that plug from the head will screw up the rooted hair.

shells I noticed your feathers have crept back up.

Having a little bit of time to mess with the figure a few observations:
The shoulder pads aren't too bad. I found that they sit a little to far back. Pulling it forward made me like them better. The material is pliable enough to make it work. The ends of the pads just hang due to how they are attached; a sliver of material kind of like HT did with some of the Predator figures and their armor. Finding a way to permanently (glue) attach them would make them look less under-sized. Finding a way to keep the feathers down will also hide some of those issues.
The head is a really nice rubber material. Kind of like silicone. This might also be the reason for the reddish appearance in pictures. The white face paint is really light.
The body is tight, so tight that the right creaks loudly. The body is workable, but the exposed arms look so toyish that I will need to change it.
The pleather has a real nice feel to it. I'm going to add some studs to the painted ones on his belt and anywhere I can make it more accurate. The sculpted ones I'll just paint chrome/silver.

Last edited:
shells I noticed your feathers have crept back up.

Having a little bit of time to mess with the figure a few observations:
The shoulder pads aren't too bad. I found that they sit a little to far back. Pulling it forward made me like them better. The material is pliable enough to make it work. The ends of the pads just hang due to how they are attached; a sliver of material kind of like HT did with some of the Predator figures and their armor. Finding a way to permanently (glue) attach them would make them look less under-sized. Finding a way to keep the feathers down will also hide some of those issues.
The head is a really nice rubber material. Kind of like silicone. This might also be the reason for the reddish appearance in pictures. The white face paint is really light.
The body is tight, so tight that the right creaks loudly. The body is workable, but the exposed arms look so toyish that I will need to change it.
The pleather has a real nice feel to it. I'm going to add some studs to the painted ones on his belt and anywhere I can make it more accurate. The sculpted ones I'll just paint chrome/silver.
Yes I to have noticed the feathers seem to be sticking up again, maybe a more permanent solution is needed. Im tempted to do a bit of pruning but worry I might balls it up. :lol

Yeah, the costume had shorter, and at times less feather, than the figure. I kind of dig the longer feathers. That might be fear talking, though.

I use a different method ….Hot Glue.

Its secures the pegs , and then can be worked till the desired tightness is achieved.

You can always remove it entirely as well. Its a modification of the old super glue trick, but less permanent.

I fear removing that plug from the head will screw up the rooted hair.
That is definitely a concern of mine, All the Phicen bodies use a fairly thick neck post, so you would have to mod the neck connector somehow, if you wanted to use a Phicen body.

That feather thing was bothering me. I could see the were sticking up again…

Dab of black hot glue in the right places should solve that also.

He has WAY less feathers 🪶 in the film.

I've ordered replacement feathers and some material to get the shoulder pads to the right shape.

Looks like they'll be getting here about the same time Wez does.

The feathers will still need to be trimmed, but being softer and finer will hopefully mean a closer look to the original design.

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 10.52.53 am.png

I've ordered replacement feathers and some material to get the shoulder pads to the right shape.

Looks like they'll be getting here about the same time Wez does.

The feathers will still need to be trimmed, but being softer and finer will hopefully mean a closer look to the original design.

View attachment 628946
Where you order these?

eBay.. I'm sure you can get some locally. I'm not sure if they're the 'best' option, but definitely worth a try for the outlay. I was looking for the small feathers used in cushion stuff/upholstery but couldn't find any in my country; and didn't see any black ones, so they'd need dyeing I guess too. Maybe just look in some old pillows? Will see how these go first.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/234662227939?var=534357985353

Just got Wez out of his box.

First impressions:

The sculpt is good, and the paint is very good, right down to the shadow of the stubble on his head.

One thing does stand out, and was apparent in photos, is that there isn't much skin texture in the sculpt. The face has a very smooth finish. It stands out because I was looking at the tiny wrinkles in the Mars '66 Joker sculpts when he arrived the other day.

Next, the pleather looks pretty effective as leather. It's also weathered to match the dustiness of the boots, armour etc.

I've taken everything off him to rebuild him on the TTM19 clone, and as expected Premier used the same weird body as on Max where the arms stick out to the sides because the chest section comes up too high under the armpits.

Test fitting the upper armour and the corset on the new body looks to be a success since the two parts meet each other as they should. He isn't any wider yet as the two bodies have a similar waist measurement, but the corset straps are so long that you can make him much bulkier with padding if you wanted.

I see why they added the shirt. It's because there's armour missing from the figure's shoulder area. I didn't take much notice of it before when it was mentioned.

Wez1.png
Wez2.png
wez3.jpg

Those extensions from the 'breastplate' prop up the pauldrons.

Something I'm trying out is adding the black shoulder pads from DAM's Glint Team Leader Ryder Watson. I need to work them up under the armour into the right position:

100_3836.JPG

Progress report:

100_3849.JPG

The DAM Ryder Watson shoulder pads are futzable as they're attached by elastic straps that I pushed in under the arm joints.

The upper armour is strapped tight, but also still futzable.

The corset has the straps threaded through the buckles but not yet tightened. Don't know whether to add padding to the sides or not.

The sculpt has a redder, sunburnt tone than the tanned looking body, but it's a trade off for better proportions versus the awkward Premier body.

Wez is due to arrive tomorrow. If the body is like Max's then I'm definitely going to swap it out .

I think you mentioned in your video he was 31cm tall in total, so the shorter Vernon height body might help with closing the gap between corset and armour, even after leaving off the shirt.

View attachment 628871
Received mine last week. Body is utter trash.

Back