1/6 Premier Toys - The Marauder (Mad Max 2 Wez)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wor did you get the rooted or premium Joker ?—I got the premium…and yes they are amazing figures in hand (jail-house Joker’s body could be bulked up a bit in the shoulder area though)

…Nevermind I see you posted in the InArt thread you got the deluxe rooted…you lucky sod! ;)

you got the deluxe rooted…you lucky sod! ;)

Yes, and it is a beautiful thing. Like I said, rooted or not, the figure feels much more like a custom piece than a factory made figure. It's really a little marvel. I'm so excited about InArt, I just can't tell you.

Anyway, looking forward to your Wez mods. I've been wanting a Wez figure since long before Ledger dawned the Joker make-up... so the finished figure will likely mean more to me in the long run.

Wez… just need to add ear bolt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I see the Marauder's ride has been released. Is the concensus still that it's too inaccurate to bother with?
I'd be tempted if it's some minor fairing customising or something to get it looking right.

I received my 'Marauder' today. A quick review, and some fixes I did / will do for accuracy:

The first and only really big problem is
1) the black feathers around the neck. Out of the box, they are more than twice as long as they should be, and they all stick straight out as if Wez is getting a strong electric shock; they look laughably terrible. I'll have to create my own realistic custom feathers and replace the bad ones. The other problems are very minor:

2) The boots needed metal studs running along the rear horizontal straps just above the heel; I added them.

3) The crossbow bolts are too long, and they had 'steel' arrow heads- which is not accurate. I simply cut off the heads so the shafts are the right length, and sharpened the tips. (this allowed the bolts to fit into their slots on the thigh, which they couldn't do with the arrow heads.) I also painted the shafts the correct shiny aluminum color. (they were incorrectly black.)

4) The black cloth elbow band on the right arm needs to be removed and replaced with a narrow dirty white bandage, tied in a knot at the outside.

Other than that, it's actually a great figure. The costume and armor are surprisingly well done, and the head sculpt is an 9 out of 10, including the mohawk hair. It includes a magnum revolver with a spinning spindle, die-cast metal and chromed, which I wasn't expecting. It's not Humungus's blued S&W .44 with the scope, and I can't recall seeing Wez associated with this chrome revolver in the film; I'll check. The kukri knife is plastic, but it looks fine. Overall, the figure is well worth $210... IF you can upgrade the horrible feathers.

Last edited:
Any place had this under 200? I missed out. I thought I preordered it, but looks like I didn't. Dang!

Pictures please... especially those arrows.
Sorry about the cat hair in the first pic... and the bolt shaft looks white due to flash photography, but it's actually aluminum paint. You can see how much extra length was removed to be film-accurate.
And the black 'feathers' started out twice as long as in the photo. I trimmed them then tied them down with string, and heated them with a blow dryer in an attempt to press them down... but then I discovered they aren't plastic. They are thin threads of genuine ostrich feather, so they can't be bent with heat. Anyway, I'm going to replace them with custom-made feathers, probably cut from ultra-thin black faux leather.

Attachments

• 20230601_021605.jpg
    20230601_021605.jpg
    581.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230601_021506.jpg
    20230601_021506.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230601_021633.jpg
    20230601_021633.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230601_021700.jpg
    20230601_021700.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 0
Upon further analysis, I discovered that the metallic shoulder guard on Wez's costume is too small. Fortunately, I sculpted and made a mold for a similar guard for my custom Max figure a few years ago. Maybe some of you didn't realize it, but the guard on Max's shoulder is exactly the same as the one on Wez's opposite shoulder, rotated 180 degrees. (If you watch the film with this in mind, you'll notice that Max and Wez never appear in the same shot at the same time with each other; it's possible the shoulder guard in question was used on both costumes.)

So, I poured a resin casting from my mold and popped out a new shoulder guard for Wez which perfectly matches the one on my Max figure, except it's painted silver. (I sold quite a few of these guards on eBay; it was surprising to learn how many people out there were making custom Max figures.)

I'm also going to rebuild the padding under the two smaller oval shoulder guards and elevate them, to be film-accurate. Further, I'm making an accurate mace and chain- the one Wez used on the roof of the truck to attack Max while he was driving. I'll post photos when finished.

Attachments

• 20230609_211718.jpg
    20230609_211718.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Back