1/6 Premier Toys - The Marauder (Mad Max 2 Wez)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll modify this 1/6 bike model kit for his bike.

Attachments

• IMG_20230327_073221.jpg
    IMG_20230327_073221.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm hoping to get some pieces completed this weekend but have had some good success in extending the shoulders of the pads up higher. I've come up with a simple technique to get the feathers I bought to get the right shape/scale for the feather boas but currently still working out whether I need to make them as pieces or just attach directly to the insides of the shoulder pads. Going to redo a lot of the details on the shoulder pads them to closer match too, but they already looks a lot less like a vest and more like the real thing already which was my real goal.

Bit more modding. New body came, not really a colour match with the head, but oh well, worked on the shoulder pad area a bit.
aZRvWuW.jpg

0RTZT4i.jpg
actually the head looks pinkish due to sunburn. the area covered by the google actually has the same tone as most body. so if you want to match it just get some tamiya weathering powder salmon or pink and use a brush or cotton bud to apply some onto the body. mixing with a bit of water would help them stick more or you can spray a light coat of matte clear on. but as long you dont wipe and touch the body the powder should stay intact.

actually the head looks pinkish due to sunburn. the area covered by the google actually has the same tone as most body. so if you want to match it just get some tamiya weathering powder salmon or pink and use a brush or cotton bud to apply some onto the body. mixing with a bit of water would help them stick more or you can spray a light coat of matte clear on. but as long you dont wipe and touch the body the powder should stay intact.
Thanks for the tips (y)

I'm hoping to get some pieces completed this weekend but have had some good success in extending the shoulders of the pads up higher. I've come up with a simple technique to get the feathers I bought to get the right shape/scale for the feather boas but currently still working out whether I need to make them as pieces or just attach directly to the insides of the shoulder pads. Going to redo a lot of the details on the shoulder pads them to closer match too, but they already looks a lot less like a vest and more like the real thing already which was my real goal.
Sounds good, Look forward to seeing the results. When I look at my figure I think yeah he will do now but then I think nah he needs more work. Its setting my OCD off something terrible.

Massive shoutout to Kit at onesixthkit. Wez arrived finally …a few issues but I am going to mod this anyways! I got a very red faced Wez! Lol. I will be taking the other collectors suggestions for fixes in the aforementioned posts!

Attachments

• A7EBB236-00D3-4707-AF4D-C8D17B37E2B0.jpeg
    A7EBB236-00D3-4707-AF4D-C8D17B37E2B0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 33D77367-FC78-49E4-8170-18F932BC25DC.jpeg
    33D77367-FC78-49E4-8170-18F932BC25DC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • CF029337-2982-48E6-A633-23ED34E377AE.jpeg
    CF029337-2982-48E6-A633-23ED34E377AE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • AEDFD6D9-E1A9-48F5-93E3-944F01BFFEFC.jpeg
    AEDFD6D9-E1A9-48F5-93E3-944F01BFFEFC.jpeg
    849.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20BA1B2D-EF59-4459-B602-11E5B7847E7D.jpeg
    20BA1B2D-EF59-4459-B602-11E5B7847E7D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Massive shoutout to Kit at onesixthkit. Wez arrived finally …a few issues but I am going to mod this anyways! I got a very red faced Wez! Lol. I will be taking the other collectors suggestions for fixes in the aforementioned posts!
Congrats man, yeah your Wez looks like battle damaged Wez from at the end of the movie, thankfully the marks come off pretty easy.

Here's some early shots of my reworking of the shoulder pads. I was really happy that there was a seam on top of the shoulder to work from, so split them there and then cut away the folded over material to get an even edge.
I cut some small strips of thermal plastic sheet (goes very softer under a few seconds of a heat gun, but very firm normally) to add a joining piece and a shoulder sleeve/cup. I wanted to make these shoulder pads a lot more solid and less flexible. The sheet was double sided taped together and test fitted/heat treated dozens of times before I got the shaping I was happy with. Then I took them off and flattened them out on another sheet (not with heat, by hand) to trace the shapes so I then had the other sides pieces. This wasn't a lot of fun trying to get things even, and I'm sure more engineering oriented brains could've made it more accurate faster, but I'm happy it was only an afternoon's work to get the pieces done.

IMG_5878.JPG
IMG_5879.JPG

Next step was to blend and fill, I used an epoxy putty that dries very hard for this job and smoothed over the spots where it joined and then sanded to hide the join.

The shape is now a lot closer to the original piece, next is to cover the top layer with some textured self adhesive plastic to provide an even finish before painting/weathering. I decided to use pinheads for the silver dots on either side of the lacing and there's a few other minor details I'll add.

I'm still currently experimenting making my own feathers, the first method I tried ended up too bulky but I have another one to try today that I'm reasonably confident will work.

I've also redone the hair (poked some more in, trimmed, coloured), really happy with how thats looking, will post some photos later today.

Excellent work p3ss3ssod! I've always found modifying existing figures and models kits really satisfying. This looks like its going to be amazing once finished.

I ordered the JX S02 body and took Wez apart to begin shoulder armour modding. I plan on removing modifying and thinning the feathers, cleaning up the Mohawk and redness on the sculpt as starters.

Looking at the JX bodies; is there something else I should be looking for because they all seem pale? Are they darker in person?

Back