1/6 Premier Toys - PT-0006 The Martian Version 2 (Deluxe Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Propstore. I waited years for them to hassle FBFX. Stephen Lane has a full suit in his private collection at the warehouse. I'm pretty sure Adam Savage will get around to uploading a look to Youtube soon because he's done so many of Stephen's other suits. It was in the background of his latest video.

These are the wrist rings for the EMU/EVA suits and knobs/adjusters for the helmet. I've yet to make a display for them.

IMG_4867.jpg

One of those helmet knobs is to swing the LED bar up and down to light the actor's face. That's why I'm not keen on the placemnt of the LEDs on this figure - at the bottom - because that's not where they're located.

The figure has many other issues. For one, the straps are terrible, and even attatched in the wrong places, but it's something to work with.

I have ordered one. I'm trying to decide if I should order another to keep 'as-is' but from what I've read here, I'm worried about Premier's production quality. I am on the fence with what to do. If it turns out better or as good as the promo shots, I might kick myself not having ordered a second.

I'm so obsessed that I commissioned this drawing, made a dsiplay for that plus the theatre promo pin and patches, and showed it off to Andy Weir. Luckily, he's a big geek too and appreciated it :lol

IMG_4866.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely picking this up and I hope it means we'll see Prometheus suits at some point. There are similarities as both movies had the same costume designer, Janty Yates, and it would be great to see these two designs on the shelf. Plus with Prometheus, I'd be REALLY tempted to buy a second and make it into a gross 'deleted scene' Fifield.

Definitely picking this up and I hope it means we'll see Prometheus suits at some point. There are similarities as both movies had the same costume designer, Janty Yates, and it would be great to see these two designs on the shelf. Plus with Prometheus, I'd be REALLY tempted to buy a second and make it into a gross 'deleted scene' Fifield.
Janty is a genius. Some cool interviews with her on Youtube.

Could not disagree more about naysayers of the movie suit. I think it looks fantastic and unlike anything else made. It couldn't be bulky or like a standard NASA suit for reasons explained in the book. The details are amazing and FBX are incredibly talented.

It's the printed on wires that I don't like.

I thought it was Premier simplifying it for ease of production,

436670-m11.jpg

but searching for a still showed that it was accurate:

436703-the-martian-matt-damon-h.jpg

They look more decorative than functional as they're clearly printed on rather than actual wires that might be part of a heating system or something. Hence something to make a wetsuit look spacey.

I have to watch the film again as I barely remember anything from it. When I first saw the figure I thought of my shelf with the figures in pressure suits.

Took some screen shots:

vlcsnap-2023-03-18-15h18m49s462.jpg
vlcsnap-2023-03-18-15h19m07s988.jpg
vlcsnap-2023-03-18-15h19m24s385.jpg

I think Premier's suit is remarkably accurate and intricate, but it's Premier which makes it a gamble how the production figure will look.

Yeah they may not have gotten every detail perfect, but it's still surprisingly damn good for a third party company. I just hope the suit doesn't get simplified or dumbed down somehow for production, and it ends up missing like 40% of the detail we see here.

Just thank your lucky stars the studio didn't get their casting choice for Watney: Channing Tatum.

Luckily, Ridley Scott insisted on Damon, otherwise he would've been forced to put a stripper pole and a glitter ball in the HAB, and pretty boy would have gyrated to ABBA.

Back