1/6 POTC - SWToys x Tough Guys FS046 Lord of the Caspian Sea (Barbossa)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But that's NOT Barbossa...

I think that uniform would make a better display with the Jacks...

171596_10150174952029741_3138363_o.jpg

...than this one...

sw-lord-of-the-caspian-sea-2-jpg.550046

To me it would look like three young Jacks and an older Jack with a new hat. :monkey3

:chillpill:

I don't think anyone was really nitpicking or complaining, except for maybe the initial poster who pointed out the inaccuracies compared to the real screen coat. The rest of us have been more or less analyzing the screen coat for ideas on a potential custom coat to be made further down the line. Many, if not most of us have agreed that this is very nice set as is, especially for the price, regardless of any inaccuracies.
That's fair. The original post by Chibi drove me nuts. I hate that kind of nitpicking in this hobby. I get we want accurate stuff but my goodness some people go over the top in needing absolute perfection.

Earlier, I almost wrote: I think some people's OCD is looking past the glory -- we are getting BARBOSSA at last!

But its inevitable to want to perfect a figure. I'm sure as soon as I got it in hand I would be rethinking his outfit.

As it is, I already plan to dye his pants and boots black. :lol

I think that uniform would make a better display with the Jacks...

I think if the figure's colors were more correct, there would be more visual diversity. I never felt Barbossa looked like Jack in the movie.

Start by dying the pants and boots black. There's a ton of stuff to address... but hey, its a Barbossa and its fairly close as it stands. I'll take it.

That's fair. The original post by Chibi drove me nuts. I hate that kind of nitpicking in this hobby. I get we want accurate stuff but my goodness some people go over the top in needing absolute perfection.
I totally get it. I had the same initial thoughts when I read it. Like you originally said, we've been waiting for this figure for so long, that it can be a bit of a rub when it sounds like someone is complaining about. I think it would definitely be a different case if this was Hot Toys who ideally should have access to information to make it as close to accurate as possible. But with this being from a 3rd party company, some slack should definitely be given. It's a very nice effort and something we would still be hoping and dreaming for had they not made it. And it's probably about $100 cheaper than what HT would charge.

I think if the figure's colors were more correct, there would be more visual diversity. I never felt Barbossa looked like Jack in the movie.

Start by dying the pants and boots black. There's a ton of stuff to address... but hey, its a Barbossa and its fairly close as it stands. I'll take it.

Yes, that's the problem with this figure.

I can take or leave POTC. I can't ever see myself wanting to watch the films again, so it's more about adding a period specific, and distinctive figure to the Jacks.

This isn't it, but since SW have opened the door on this subject matter, they may get around to the more naval appearance.

Earlier, I almost wrote: I think some people's OCD is looking past the glory -- we are getting BARBOSSA at last!

But its inevitable to want to perfect a figure. I'm sure as soon as I got it in hand I would be rethinking his outfit.

As it is, I already plan to dye his pants and boots black. :lol
Excellent points.

Upgrading/improving 1/6th figures are just part of the hobby. Just take the Toys Works Morpheus as one example. The correctly colored tie and the improved glasses were tiny (although expensive) upgrades that greatly improved the figure.

I figured out what I hate about it….

The beard….its far to lush and thick, Barbosa had a nasty scraggly beard. The should have done a rooted hair beard.

The scuplt beard makes him look 20 years younger…

To be clear, I was not nitpicking. Someone asked what the inaccuracies were, so I responded. Since I've been actively working on this very custom before this was announced, I'm pretty aware of the costume details. I still like this figure quite a bit and quickly pre-ordered it.

I never quite understood the extreme critiques headsculpts get around here. To me, all the elements are equally important. But to each their own. Admittedly, already having this Barbossa 60% finished on my shelf, I'm just not feeling the "Barbossa at last!" that everyone else is.

Hi all! Could someone please share their experience buying from One Sixth Kit from the US? Are there import taxes or something involved? What kind of delays are we looking at? I have absolutely no idea what to expect. Thanks in advance :)
Ultra fast shipping, I'm in the Midwest. No other extra fees we're involved either.

With covid surging up again tho I wouldn't rule out some delays in the future but I whole recommend Kit!

Does Kit's shipping convert to FedEx, UPS or USPS?

Also, the 14th is the last day to PO from Kit?
Any time I’ve bought from Kit, it’s been delivered by USPS.

His PO cutoff dates are pretty concrete, so I’d say yes. If you haven’t bought from him before, he’s as friendly and reliable as you could ask for in any business.

His PO cutoff dates are pretty concrete, so I’d say yes. If you haven’t bought from him before, he’s as friendly and reliable as you could ask for in any business.

Thanks. I have bought from him before but I'd forgotten who delivers. I hate FedEx and will avoid at all costs.

Managed to PO today after emailing. Would have hated missing this, long overdue.

Back