1/6 POTC - SWToys x Tough Guys FS046 Lord of the Caspian Sea (Barbossa)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kit is one of the best. I"ve been buying from him for years. :)
Yeah kit is great.

Seeing how many instantly preordered this (myself included) you really have to wonder how hard most companies (hot toys looking at you) were sleeping on this?

I think new releases for indiana jones or alien universe would also be $$$ and I wonder why we dont see more of them?

I was lucky enough to get in on a custom project for Barbossa years ago. Need to decide if it is worth picking this one up as well and maybe doing a kitbash between them.

One thing this release certainly needs as an accessory is an apple!
20211212_093316.jpg
20211212_093337.jpg

Just had to come back into this thread to make sure that it wasn't a dream... This is one grail being scratched off the most-wanted list.
Agreed! Oddly enough, this is probably now the figure I am most excited to receive. I can only hope this does well for them that they dive deep into the line sort of like how PopToys has dove deep into Last Samurai after the success of their Tom Cruise figure

Never ordered from one sixth kit. Do people really like them? I really want this as hot toys canceled theirs
Hot Toys didn’t cancel theirs. They never even teased any version of him. They were desperate when they released Angelica,they said if she sold well they would release Barbosa if there was enough interest. Well Sideshow wound up giving her away to customers for free.

Agreed! Oddly enough, this is probably now the figure I am most excited to receive. I can only hope this does well for them that they dive deep into the line sort of like how PopToys has dove deep into Last Samurai after the success of their Tom Cruise figure
I have legitimately lost sleep over missing out on that Algren figure, thank you for bringing it up and making me tired on a Monday morning lol

I have legitimately lost sleep over missing out on that Algren figure, thank you for bringing it up and making me tired on a Monday morning lol
Lol I understand. I wasn’t able to get it either as I was still getting on my feet after losing my job. I had the money, it just wouldn’t of been responsible spending at the time, so I had to pass.

Why is this now my most anticipated figure out of all my pre orders…… and it’s a third party figure. Real shame hot toys never made this. I doubt we will get anyone else making a barbossa.

It looks pretty good! Now if only I could find the on Stranger Tides Jack for a good price... I don't like the Dead Men Tell No Tales version that much and the helm stand would be an awesome way to display both as seen in @HPGR_Thrawn reply, so sadly a pass for me.

Hilarious! One of my 'pandemic' projects is to finally finish my Barbossa custom after all these years! And I'm pretty close too. At least OST version got finished first since I started experimenting with printable fabric:
IMG_0784.JPG
IMG_0786.JPG

Will still be ordering this + parts for my custom.

I think he looks pretty good, and even if its lesser quality it will still be the only starter-kit there is for Barbossa.
Yah as excited as I was to hear about this on the Imortan Joe thread…,Just not seeing a whole lot of Rush in this one….and the outfit feels off.

Sad, maybe a good starter base , but definetly a let down on first look….

The should have done a half human half skeleton head also….
It looks great if looking at the production stills of the costume tests, but something about it isnt screen right? Too clean? help me out guys something is off making it look not screen accurate.?

1639452365890.jpeg

It definitely looks very new and not old and faded like the film, but so do the Hot Toys figures.

Another difference is that the coat has a very unique pattern/texture where this one is just fabric with some texture to it, but not the same.

The desaturation of the film is also not there in the figure.

But again, there's a lot to work with on this figure. Fortunately, the costume is so busy that you can lose the finer details and still feel the overall. As off as each piece might be, there's no denying who the figure is supposed to be.

I also think that the face sculpt is maybe lacking a little in his character's personality, if that makes sense. Perhaps showing bit of those ugly teeth would help capture him better.

B 1.jpg

B 2.jpg

B 3.jpg

Yea the expression is very relaxed and barbossa did have this expression in the films but very rarely. I personally think Geoffrey rush is definitely there. And I think the outfit looks fine to me. Would have loved the pattern on his coat but the plain grey doesn’t look bad to me at all. I hope the final version comes out this good. Or very close.

Back