1/6 POTC - SWToys x Tough Guys FS046 Lord of the Caspian Sea (Barbossa)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this a while back. There's a whole article about this and the artist online.

The guy who produced this CGI version also sells the headsculpt files, but I've not yet asked/checked to see how well they'd print in my resin printer.

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 16.46.30.png

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 16.46.17.png

Here are some pics with the final details added on:
View attachment 605129
View attachment 605134

Always thought the lapels were leather but seems like I was wrong.

View attachment 605289

View attachment 605288

I've gone for one without buttons aswell so I can add custom ones. However very happy with how they look.

View attachment 605547
View attachment 605573View attachment 605574View attachment 605633

Seriously guys those custom coats and other additions look incredible and if any of you have a spare one you want to get rid of one I'm more than interested

HS hairing doesn't look as good as they showed before, but guess that's lighting.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 12.28.12.png

Captain Ginger Beard.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 12.32.18.png

Sculpt itself still looks good.

However, at $650 that's a hard pass from me. Plus, shipping is not inluded. Deal breaker :lol

HS hairing doesn't look as good as they showed before, but guess that's lighting.

View attachment 609546

Captain Ginger Beard.

View attachment 609547

Sculpt itself still looks good.

However, at $650 that's a hard pass from me. Plus, shipping is not inluded. Deal breaker :lol

Starting to look like an old Hans Gruber as a pirate.

I have to say on closer inspection, that head is looking mighty tiny.

Last edited:
I just started this sculpt this afternoon so it's still very much a work in progress. Still working on structures to get it right in all angles and trying to figure out what expression I want him to have. I may have overdone the textures a bit, but again, those will probably be reworked once I finalize the sculpt.
BARBOSSA SCULPT1.jpg

Last edited:
What an amazing start. You did that in one afternoon? It takes pros many hours. Great job.

What an amazing start. You did that in one afternoon? It takes pros many hours. Great job.
Thanks for the compliment. Yes, it will probably take many more hours to finish this, but I usually can “sketch” things out fairly quickly, but the refining work is when the likeness starts coming out more.
This is certainly much faster than when I sculpt in clay. It takes me a couple of hours just to make a base head with very little features.
Plus I can save various stages of my work with 3D sculpting. I can’t do that with clay where I have to sometimes restart a portrait sculpt from scratch several times.

I'm beginning to see a pattern with you and your talent.
Yes, I'm a Jack of all trades but a master of none :D

So I had a bit of time this evening and took the sculpt back to basics so I can get the likeness of Geoffrey Rush tuned in before adding details. I think I'm getting there, I just need some more quality reference pictures of his profile so I can get that figured out on the sculpt.
I still haven't decided what expression to make, but I do want to try a more wide eyed smiling version as an option.
BARBOSSA SCULPT3.jpg

Yes, I'm a Jack of all trades but a master of none :D

So I had a bit of time this evening and took the sculpt back to basics so I can get the likeness of Geoffrey Rush tuned in before adding details. I think I'm getting there, I just need some more quality reference pictures of his profile so I can get that figured out on the sculpt.
I still haven't decided what expression to make, but I do want to try a more wide eyed smiling version as an option.
I think a fairly neutral one for the main sculpt would work best because he has such an interesting face anyway. His left eye is lower and narrowed.

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 12.04.40.png

It could be well worth checking out 4K screen grabs because studio shots can be photoshopped.

If you don't have the movies in 4K, here's one site where you can download screen grabs. There are others.

https://movie-screencaps.com/category/movie-series/pirates-of-the-carribean/

On a related note, I thought this was fun - 1/6 scale and made of putty.

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 12.07.58.png

I've been working on creating a new outfit for my husbands Barbossa and its my first attempt at 1/6th scale costumes and I find the process wonderful! I've remade the boots from fine suede and polished them down to a worn leather look. The pants are breeches style finishing below the knee with a working fly front as seen on the real costume. The shirt is made in a true 18th century cut with gussets under the arms and a bias cut collar.
120221209_112625.jpg
120221209_112537.jpg
120221209_112520.jpg
120221209_112450.jpg

Last edited:
Ok guys got something in the pipeline. How would you feel about a updated sculpt?

Sculpts will be $80 painted bald and possible Sculpted hair if anyone wants that. Need to hit between 10 - 20 people.

Here's some examples of the artist work.

If interested we'll pick an expression.

FB_IMG_1673623281776.jpg
FB_IMG_1673623306891.jpg

FB_IMG_1673623806319.jpg

Last edited:
Me. $50.
:p

In all seriousness, I want to get a sculpt first. I don't see value in a better coat until I have that part sorted. Besides, the fair price would be down to who is doing it and what it offers above what's standard.

Back