1/6 NEXT Hot Toys DC Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t see Hot Toys doing it, but with the new Netflix series would anyone else be interested in a Sandman figure? I think it could be pretty cool. Give him his mask, ruby, and pouch of sand for accessories.

I could see a third party company doing a Sandman figure. I haven't watched the show but plan to. Though, HT did make Morbius so maybe there's a chance 🤔

Not Hot Toys but here is the InArt lineup for 2022-23, translated.

View attachment 576869
I‘m very curious as to which Affleck Batman they will do. I‘d love to see their take on the BvS version, my favorite on-screen suit. I opted out of the HT version because I found the suit to be very lackluster. The head sculpt is good tho.

I‘m very curious as to which Affleck Batman they will do. I‘d love to see their take on the BvS version, my favorite on-screen suit. I opted out of the HT version because I found the suit to be very lackluster. The head sculpt is good tho.
Even though I prefer the BvS one I'd prefer for them to do a Justice league suit. It's the worse Hot Toys one they've done.

You think the BvS one is just as bad as the JL one?
oh yeah. There’s quite a bit of muscular detail missing compared to the on-screen suit. They tried to improve it with the SS version with more defined abs. the arms and legs still look plain to me, baggy in some areas and marshmellowy in others. I see the same issues with the JL version to.

Last edited:
oh yeah. There’s quite a bit of muscular detail missing compared to the on-screen suit. They tried to improve it with the SS version with more defined abs. the arms and legs still look baggy/plain to me. I see the same issues with the JL version to.
Ah, To me the JL has all the same issues plus it's shiny with an emblem that looks too low and completely flat.

I red somewhere it's going to be BvS. Inart is also releasing a MoS/BvS Superman, so it makes sense to have a BvS Batman to coincide with it.

Refreshing to see the love for the ZSJL suit.
It's the BvS suit but better in every way; slightly more armored, beautiful gauntlets, visually more pleasing cowl.
If the cowl was the same material as the BvS one and Affleck was a bit slimmer around his face, and the muscle suit was just a tiny bit less bulky, this suit would have easily been the best Batman suit for me. It still is tho haha

Patiently waiting for the (inevitable?) InArt ZSJL Batman.
BD532921-0304-4ACC-B7D7-B0FBF299B075.jpeg

Ive seen some customs of this suit that blew me away, I need to look for it.

Attachments

• A179B37B-3D40-4D9A-BA84-28C16C29304B_1_201_a.jpeg
    A179B37B-3D40-4D9A-BA84-28C16C29304B_1_201_a.jpeg
    381.9 KB · Views: 0
Ah, To me the JL has all the same issues plus it's shiny with an emblem that looks too low and completely flat.
Agreed. I’ve been waiting for any word of a rehash by HT but it doesn’t seem likely.

I red somewhere it's going to be BvS. Inart is also releasing a MoS/BvS Superman, so it makes sense to have a BvS Batman to coincide with it.

I sure hope so!

Surprised at the criticism of the BvS figure. I have the SS squad version with a custom cape and it's still my favourite 1/6 scale figure.

That said I'm sure InArt can do it even better. I'm hoping they do the Armoured suit as well, I foolishly passed on that from HT.

As for the next HT DC reveal, presumably Black Adam.

I know I sound like a broken record by now, but InArt has specifically said in a QnA that they want to do the BvS Trinity so, by that wording, I doubt any of them will be from Josstice League, ZSJL, MoS or any other DCEU movie, at least not at first. That, of course, could all change in time, but the BvS suit is arguably the most popular of the suits we’ve seen in the DCEU. I personally would also like another shot at the BvS armored Batman with better mouthpieces. I remember when my dad came over and I showed him the HT armored figure and the first thing he said was “now THAT is a Batman figure,” so it would be cool to have that back in my collection.

EDIT: Based on the most recent live stream, InArt seem to have stated they're probably doing the Justice League suit and not the BvS one.

Last edited:
Hot Toys “could of” made a good effort on Harley Quinn and Bloodsport from “The Suicide Squad” but it looks like SooSoo and Thunder Toys picked up the ball where they fumbled on Bloodsport (such a cool design).
216CFD30-7935-4E4B-A1B7-69B89BDC2691.jpeg39D43C34-8CC2-45D0-B223-04063217FC06.jpeg

If I had to guess, yeah, I’d say Black Adam or The Flash and his new goofy looking helmet are next.

Last edited:
I know I sound like a broken record by now, but InArt has specifically said in a QnA that they want to do the BvS Trinity so, by that wording, I doubt any of them will be from Josstice League, ZSJL, MoS or any other DCEU movie, at least not at first.
Oh really?? Well I love hearing that. Sorry if you mentioned it earlier here. I just saw this thread today and didn’t read through it all.

Oh really?? Well I love hearing that. Sorry if you mentioned it earlier here. I just saw this thread today and didn’t read through it all.
No reason to apologize :duff it probably wasn’t in this thread, but there have been many other threads where the conversation comes up and speculation goes on for awhile on which suit from which movie, so I step in and say the same thing again :lol I just thought I’ve covered it enough by now that folks would have seen it somewhere on this forum :LOL:

No reason to apologize :duff it probably wasn’t in this thread, but there have been many other threads where the conversation comes up and speculation goes on for awhile on which suit from which movie, so I step in and say the same thing again :lol I just thought I’ve covered it enough by now that folks would have seen it somewhere on this forum :LOL:
Haha well I for one appreciate your persistence

I want to see Hot Toys give us the following:

- ZSJL Superman 2.0 (New Facesculpt/ Body/ No thunder thighs)
- ZSJL Wonderwoman 2.0 (Sculpted Hair)
- ZSJL Aquaman 2.0 (A lot of room overall for improvements)

Though I suspect that even if we don’t get 2.0 releases of the original pieces, we will get the following as part of the 10 year plan:

- Superman (Cavill… I’m hopeful!) I’m sure he will eventually pop up over the next 10 years and when he does, Hot Toys will be ready!
- The Flash movie Flash costumes
- Michael Keaton Batman under The Flash movie license
- Batman (Ben Afleck) under The Flash movie license
- Wonderwoman from wherever she pops up
- Aquaman from the Aquaman 2 movie license

I’d imagine that we’ll get the following figures:

Black Adam

Black Adam (definitely)
Doctor Fate?
Hawkman?

The Flash

Barry Allen (definitely)
Batfleck with bike ($500+ probably closer to $600) (definitely)
Keaton Batman? (likely)

Aquaman: the Lost Kingdom

Arthur Curry (black suit)? (I want to say definitely, but if the movie is bad, flops, etc., then no figure)
Orm?
Bruce Wayne?… (Batman always sells, especially Batfleck)

Depending on Shazam 2’s performance maybe finally a Shazam figure. It has to do robust box office for this to happen though.

Last edited:
Back