1/6 NEXT Hot Toys DC Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was there any real reason to expect they’d be doing more? The calls for stuff like Darkseid and Manhunter always seemed like real long shots.

Third party companies seem to be jumping on this, though. Just yesterday we saw announcements for Toy Battalion Martian Manhunter and Flashpoint Studio Knightmare Flash. They don't look half bad. 3rd party companies are getting better at it all the time.

I predict we'll see third party Mera and Deathstroke as well. And there are already unlicensed 3D printed versions of Steppenwolf and Darkseid. (Maybe even Dasaad as well? Not sure.)

Last edited:
Third parties, sure. But I didn't ever see Hot Toys doing a deep dive on this movie given their plate being full with other properties. Cyborg and black suit Superman were about what was to be expected.

Ok, definitely not near next, but it's inevitable. And another excuse for the "neon-tech" they love adding everywhere. Although this time it'd actually belong.
blue_beetle_movie_costume_concept_art.jpg
Love it. Looks straight of the page, save perhaps the lack of mouth.

Everyones entitled to their opinion, but aside from the things that comic book fans point out like Gotham and Metropolis being across the bay (which for me is no biggie ....
Didn't follow any of the fan drama abt these films, but did people really have a problem with that? :lol

Straight out of Bronze Age DC:

C78cVMNW4AALS32.jpg:large

OKBT12A.jpg

What's funny is both places they chose across from each-other, correspond to pretty much swamp Wildlife Preserves, places with a whole lot of nothing.
"Metro Narrows Bridge" would be abt. 4 miles long.

Last edited:
Love it. Looks straight of the page, save perhaps the lack of mouth.
Ok, definitely not near next, but it's inevitable. And another excuse for the "neon-tech" they love adding everywhere. Although this time it'd actually belong.
blue_beetle_movie_costume_concept_art.jpg
Yeah the mouth tends to come and go in the art, depending on if he's talking or expressing. Hopefully they do work it into the CG, as Jaime is a very fun and expressive character,.

Strange..not enough mention about new Aquaman..
HT should know..... if previous HT Aquaman figures didn't give them enough sales, that's their fault.
  • Bad head sculpt
  • Bad hair
  • Incorrect costume details
  • Bad pose-ability
  • No Mera
Aquaman01.JPG

Everyones entitled to their opinion, but aside from the things that comic book fans point out like Gotham and Metropolis being across the bay (which for me is no biggie as far as the movie as a whole is) and perhaps for some the Martha scene, I really can't for the life of me work out how anyone couldn't like those two.

Shots are cinematic, story and pacing moves well, great casting, good story, bad ass character design, cool music and epic battles. What else do you want ??

Anyway, I know I'm not going to change anyones mind. I just find it difficult how anyone could write them off. But anyway.....moving on.
It’s very easy to write them off but I’m not going to delve into that cause it will derail the thread .

Third party companies seem to be jumping on this, though. Just yesterday we saw announcements for Toy Battalion Martian Manhunter and Flashpoint Studio Knightmare Flash. They don't look half bad. 3rd party companies are getting better at it all the time.

I predict we'll see third party Mera and Deathstroke as well. And there are already unlicensed 3D printed versions of Steppenwolf and Darkseid. (Maybe even Dasaad as well? Not sure.)
The only real issue with the 3rd party figures are the headsculpts and paint apps on them. I guess that's why they tackled Flash and Manhunter first, an easier headsculpt.

It’s hard for me to get excited by licenses from HT since we don’t actually get the figure in hand until 2 years after announcements….

Since Hot Toys has now announced licenses for The Batman, Black Adam and Aquaman 2, I'm assuming they're done with DC until the next round of movies release. That's probably why the 3rd party companies are starting to move in and pick up the ZSJL slack with characters like Martian Manhunter and Future Flash. Hopefully one of them will will produce Darkseid, Steppenwolf, Mera and Deathstroke. I'd also get a 3rd party Black Manta and Mera from Aquaman. I am surprised Hot Toys never produced a Phoenix Joker.

As for the new licenses, based on what's been shown thus far:
The Batman—Batman, Catwoman (hopefully she gets a cowl), possibly the Batmobile
Aquaman 2—Aquaman (improved sculpt and costume, deluxe version with seahorse), Stealth Suit Aquaman, Black Manta
Black Adam—Black Adam, Hawkman (haven't seen the suit, but always liked the character), Dr. Fate
Shazam —Shazamily (license hasn't been officially announced but new costumes are a nice upgrade)

Aside from The Batman i think some of you are being VERY optimistic about how much we are getting from these licenses.

The only real issue with the 3rd party figures are the headsculpts and paint apps on them. I guess that's why they tackled Flash and Manhunter first, an easier headsculpt.
To be fair, the figures Soosootoys are pretty impressive, especially for the price. The headsculpts are quite good.

That Black Mantaaaaaaaaa

I am so tempted to start making my own villains display shelf...

I think we'll get Riddler. Though I still prefer his classic look I do think this Zodiac inspired look is pretty interesting.

It would be nice if later in the movie or a sequel he wears a more traditional Riddler costume. Same with Catwoman. It is supposed to be very early in all the characters career so there is room for them to evolve.

Isn't Batman rumoured to be getting a new suit to? Saw it said several times his first suit we've all seen gets destroyed early in the movie.

Back