1/6 NEXT Hot Toys DC Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like maybe they have their display version wired for the LED. They would have been nice to see.

Yeah, that could be a wire for the LED lights. But on the other hand there’s no wire extending out of the back or side of the base, and the stand is resting on a glass shelf, i.e., unlikely that there’s a hole beneath the stand for a wire, etc.

Maybe there’s a more convenient battery pack located within the base of the figure?

I can totally understand from a business perspective why HT prioritizes SW or the MCU over DC; what I don’t get at all is why a company as big as DC/WB doesn’t just take their business elsewhere for 1/6.

A great example is McF. However you may feel about his figures, DC is the crown jewel of his lines, and he prioritizes them accordingly, constantly churning out product, with good/great sales, as far as I can tell.

When DC was with Mattel, they were clearly second banana to WWE (among other lines).

I can totally understand from a business perspective why HT prioritizes SW or the MCU over DC; what I don’t get at all is why a company as big as DC/WB doesn’t just take their business elsewhere for 1/6.

A great example is McF. However you may feel about his figures, DC is the crown jewel of his lines, and he prioritizes them accordingly, constantly churning out product, with good/great sales, as far as I can tell.

When DC was with Mattel, they were clearly second banana to WWE (among other lines).
The lack of DC figures from Hot Toys is frustrating…but for me personally, I love my amazing Suicide Squad Batman and my other DC figures from Hot Toys.
I would prefer one AMAZING DC figure a year from Hot Toys over nine second rate figures from Three Zero or Sideshow Collectibles.
I love DC and they deserve to be licensed by the number one company in 1/6 scale.

The lack of DC figures from Hot Toys is frustrating…but for me personally, I love my amazing Suicide Squad Batman and my other DC figures from Hot Toys.
I would prefer one AMAZING DC figure a year from Hot Toys over nine second rate figures from Three Zero or Sideshow Collectibles.
I love DC and they deserve to be licensed by the number one company in 1/6 scale.
That is a really good argument, and I (kind of) agree. I do think the gap between HT and Three Zero (or even some of Star Ace’s offerings) is getting smaller by the year, but of course you’re right, HT is still definitely the gold standard in 1/6.

Loki 2 figure announcement with Fandome this Saturday. Insulting. Could argue a Harley release this week, but still.

Loki 2 figure announcement with Fandome this Saturday. Insulting. Could argue a Harley release this week, but still.
I wonder if we will see any figures from The Batman. Knowing HT, it’ll be some of those little cosbaby things and that’s it.

I wonder if we will see any figures from The Batman. Knowing HT, it’ll be some of those little cosbaby things and that’s it.
Nah, Batman is probably THE DC top seller for Hot Toys.

They even re-released Nolan Batman and the Tumbler and bike ! Snyder Batman got what 5 versions over a couple of movies.

Hot Toys will definitely do a Pattinson Batman.

They'll make a Battinson, that's a given. But I don't see them making anything else, as the designs aren't very toyetic. A "Drifter Bruce" has more chances as a Toy Fair exclusive or something than Catwoman or Riddler I think. Unless the movie is a massive success and people are in for any kind of merch. But Joker was a huge success and we still don't have an Arthur figure from HT, so who knows? HT is tough to predict.

Nothing is guaranteed, of course, but I think it's highly likely that they make at least Batman, Catwoman, Riddler, and possibly some kind of Bruce Wayne/Drifter. Batman sells...

Yep…just like “Harley is such a big seller! Howard loves Harley! Wonder how many Harleys we’ll get from TSS?” Almost 3 months later…no Harley!
When it comes to DC and Hot Toys I’ve learned to hope for the best but expect the worst and they keep proving me right.
I will actually be surprised if Hot Toys produces anything from The Batman.
Folks here will then claim it was due to actor’s likeness rights or the filmmakers desire to have the film taken seriously, or some other nonsense, but the reality will be that if it doesn’t come from The Walt Disney Company in some way, shape, or form, it takes a minor miracle to make Hot Toys pay attention now.

Batman does sell, but the other Batman characters don't always. I see us probably only getting Batman with maybe a Bruce sculpt and then it will be up to all the 3rd Party companies to fill in the rest of the characters.

Well, again, nothing is guaranteed, but if The Batman is a mega-hit (and the very, very early buzz is that it's really good), then HT will capitalize on it, like they did on the TDK trilogy.

The Harley example is definitely relevant, but I do think that maybe there was some reluctance on HT's part, based on how poorly BOP did.

100% agree that HT is basically a subdivision of Walt Disney Co, at this point.

Oh, I’m sure they’ll make it, I just have my doubts if they’ll actually preview anything 1/6 related yet as, like you guys said, they are unpredictable with DC.

As far as potential figures, I’d get Batman and Drifter Bruce, maybe Catwoman because, despite it being just motorcycle leathers and a cut up watchcap, I can see it being a striking figure, but who knows.

No interest in the Riddler or Penguin regardless of how the characters turn out.

I’m hoping Mafex does a Batman figure - I think they’ll make an awesome Pattinson head with their anime-ish style sculpting, similar to like what DK has posted in the movie thread. I enjoy stylized versions of characters instead of some actors exact face.

Well, again, nothing is guaranteed, but if The Batman is a mega-hit (and the very, very early buzz is that it's really good), then HT will capitalize on it, like they did on the TDK trilogy.

The Harley example is definitely relevant, but I do think that maybe there was some reluctance on HT's part, based on how poorly BOP did.

100% agree that HT is basically a subdivision of Walt Disney Co, at this point.
Yea but ZSJL was a hit and we still BARELY got Cyborg and collectors had to beg for it. The knightmare bats and Superman was an easy redo for them so I don’t really count that as anything special. We didn’t get Darkseid or Steppenwolf nor a reissue of any of the other JL members which would’ve been easy money for them again, even if it was a small rerun.the Arkham series is massively successful and they’re dragging their feet with those figures.
There is no guarantee like you said. I guess I would rather be pleasantly surprised than hopeful and disappointed. But with HT track record, I just don’t think we’ll see more than Batman

I’ll be genuinely shocked if we don’t get a Battinson figure from HT. And a Zoe Kravitz Catwoman. Paul Dano Riddler would not be surprising.

Battinson for sure. Response will help out if anymore is made like a Batcycle and Batmobile. Definitely don't see serial killer Riddler getting made. Catwoman just doesn't look interesting enough.

Battinson for sure. Response will help out if anymore is made like a Batcycle and Batmobile. Definitely don't see serial killer Riddler getting made. Catwoman just doesn't look interesting enough.

Yeah, this will depend on 1) how successful and praised the film is overall, and 2) just how creepy, powerful, gripping, etc., Dano’s characterization of Riddler is.

Back