1/6 NEXT Hot Toys DC Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If roles and revenues were reversed I’m sure HT would be in bed with DC. Not how the cookie crumbled.
There is no question that Marvel is factually the highest grossing film series in history…I may personally prefer DC, but Marvel is King, financially speaking.
I fully understand why Hot Toys works to churn out as much Marvel product as they can…cannot blame them at all.
Now, random look-alike characters from The Bad Batch cartoon and figures of Kylo Ren are a different matter entirely…

Well there you go. You know what you need to do.

241561053_372018127811576_368174378847234631_n.jpg

Language like “what the customer wants” does sound like reason to be hopeful. WBD surely has access to ZSJL’s numbers for both for streaming views and disk sales.

The general discourse in this thread is a testament to how little interest Hot Toys has in DC in general.
We all seem to know that there isn’t really anything to discuss because the relationship between Hot Toys and DC is literally in its death throes.
Joker makes over a billion dollars and is nominated for all of the major Academy Awards and wins best actor…how many Hot Toys are there of a best actor winning performance?
Hot Toys doesn’t touch it with a ten foot pole. Normally I would say it came down to likeness rights with the actor, but we know that’s not the case based upon the statue.
Given that there were no absolutely no action figures made, even 2 years later now, it'd actually make sense if there were some kind of contractual thing. It's entirely possible that statues were allowed but not things deemed "toys."

Case in point, not only did Hot Toys not make anything for the movie, but neither did any of the other action figure companies who make DC toys like McFarlane, Bandai, Medicom, the Nendoroid people, Beast Kingdom, ect. The movie was a massive hit and a genuine pop culture phenomenon in a way most DC movies can only dream of, so you can't even say none of these companies made toys due to a lack of interest.

There wasn't even a Funko Pop, and Funko makes Pops of literally everything.

Last edited:
Given that there were no action figures made, even 2 years later now, it absolutely is most likely some kind of contractual thing. It's entirely possible that statues were allowed but not things deemed "toys."

Case in point, not only did not Hot Toys not make anything for the movie, but neither did any of the other action figure companies who make DC toys like McFarlane, Bandai, Medicom, the Nendoroid people, Beast Kingdom, ect. The movie was a massive hit and a genuine pop culture phenomenon in a way most DC movies can only dream of, so you can't even say none of these companies made toys due to a lack of interest.

There wasn't even a Funko Pop, and Funko makes Pops of literally everything.
These are all actually really great points.

So it could possibly a Joaquin Phoenix thing then? The guy is quite eccentric as it is.

DC, WB, and HT had to be aware that there’d be plenty of interest among 1/6 action figure collectors (predominately adult male with incomes and/or credit to support such a hobby) in a $1B grossing film that’s offbeat but still (subversively) within the superhero genre. Popular film, popular academy award winning performance. Joker was obviously never going to sell kid toys (which conceptually that would be 😬 af, right?). But anyway, traditionally the Joker character sells. I think even HT’s bizarre Joker “Imposter Batman” concept art figure sold out.

So yeah, it’s interesting that there was a choice not to cash in. But then again with the huge popularity of SW (especially Mandalorian) and MCU they know they’re going to sell **** tons of those figures, so I guess there’s no need to make such a figure for an offbeat film. But it surely would have made money among the 1/6 collector market, I’m certain of that. It’d at least sell as much as Harley Quinn BoP (also R rated), and that one went into production.

Last edited:
I'll wait for a movie still of Keaton to render a final opinion of his suit in the Flash. But if the fandome poster below is official, his batsuit is a little underwhelming :confused:
Looks just like the Returns suit but grey torso, arms and legs.
Screenshot_20211004-224051_Instagram.jpg

Yep. Just looked through Day 3 of Sideshow's New York Con booth tour on YouTube, hoping to see some kind of reveal and nothing :(

What's up with Cyborg's stand? It looks like the flying pole like Superman's, but there looks to be some other details or wires or something? I can't really tell.

Well the DC Fandome is a week from Saturday. Curious if we will get something that week or the week after. If not, well we know DC is in the dumps figure wise. Wonder if Batgirl, Harley or Flash even release this year.

What's up with Cyborg's stand? It looks like the flying pole like Superman's, but there looks to be some other details or wires or something? I can't really tell.

Yeah you’re right. See starting at about 35:00 for the look at the League, and 36:00 for a closeup of Cyborg’s stand.

Back