1/6 NEXT Hot Toys DC Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s hard for me to get excited by licenses from HT since we don’t actually get the figure in hand until 2 years after announcements….
Nope! The figures that Hot Toys most recently put up for preorder are releasing in 2023…that puts anything on this list at least 3 years out…but most who have been around long enough know that most, if not all of these licenses will NEVER seen the light of day.

Good to see DC getting some love. We'll see how it plays out, but can always count on Batman being made. Honestly really surprised we only have a handful of Arkham Batman and not more of the variant suits like the Spiderman game.

Nope! The figures that Hot Toys most recently put up for preorder are releasing in 2023…that puts anything on this list at least 3 years out…but most who have been around long enough know that most, if not all of these licenses will NEVER seen the light of day.
Yup. I learned back with avatar. This was 2009, hot toys was more diverse then. They made everything from every movie it seemed like. Then once iron man 2 hit I noticed the avatar license they announced was taking a back seat to tony stark.
It took them forever to release a crappy version of I think the main dude from avatar.
Since then it was all down hill from there. Everything was was iron man related then marvel related. You still had lots of joker but iron man was center stage. I don’t put much stake in anything they say .

Sad that the day after DC Fandome with all of the beloved and amazing characters and rich characters designs from the DC universe, the only new threads that we have to show for it around here are one for “Doomsday Lightning Man” and another for “Mars Guardian.”
That tells you all you will ever need to know about how Hot Toys feels about DC.

I'd love to see these Batcycles from Hot Toys (or Jazzinc!)!
the-batman-set-photos-01.jpg

E7RoYI8XMAA3PKQ.jpg

Isn't Batman rumoured to be getting a new suit to? Saw it said several times his first suit we've all seen gets destroyed early in the movie.
I could be wrong but I remember reading that he only wears this suit in the film. It was a long time ago however and the film has been in production for years so he could very well get a new suit.

Sad that the day after DC Fandome with all of the beloved and amazing characters and rich characters designs from the DC universe, the only new threads that we have to show for it around here are one for “Doomsday Lightning Man” and another for “Mars Guardian.”
That tells you all you will ever need to know about how Hot Toys feels about DC.

It sucks. I choose to be philosophical about it, though. HT will throw us bones such as Black Suit Superman and Knightmare Batman which are essentially reissues. And Cyborg does look amazing. I’m not getting one but the Batman Beyond figure is also impressive. We’ll almost surely get a Pattinson Batman. Probably Flash Keaton Batman. And eventually a Black Adam figure. But it won’t be anything like the offerings for Star Wars and MCU fans. Anyway, we’ll get what DC figures we get from HT.

But just as Honda was once the undisputed king of Japanese imports, Hyundai and Kia copied them and eventually rivaled them in terms of basic craftsmanship. I think hopefully we may be seeing something like that with the third party companies making the unlicensed figures. There are plenty of former HT employees by now that know how HT runs it’s operation, e.g., how costume design is done, plenty of talented CAD artists out there that can design head sculpts, head sculpt painters, 3D printing is available to all, etc. I mean “Doomsday Lightning Man” has a pretty impressive looking suit design, for example. The head sculpt looks pretty good as well. “Mars Gaurdian” seems the weaker offering of the two, but so far it’s just four promotional prototype phots, so jury is still out on that I’d say.

I mean of course I’d rather have HT figures than the third party ones. But evidently Howard Chan doesn’t give a **** about the DC buyer market. So my hope is that this will drive the third party companies to up their game as they fill the vacuum.

I could be wrong but I remember reading that he only wears this suit in the film. It was a long time ago however and the film has been in production for years so he could very well get a new suit.
I've come to really like the suit over the last year so I'd be okay with that.

Yea that trailer hyped me up for figures. I pray it’s good. I’m torn between that and Spider-Man .

Batman will be the better film IMO but you never know. SM having Strange/Multiverse/Sinister Six/Tobey/Garfield is definitely a stacked movie.

Tangent from comparisons between The Batman and SM:NWH. If I had to make a prediction (and I don’t but what the heck) I would expect that the MCU will do a better job with Spider-Man’s multiverse themes that are similar to the Flash, than Flash will do.

Back