1/6 NAUTS x DAMTOYS - Resident Evil 2 - Claire Redfield & Leon S. Kennedy (Classic Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah really frustrating, if I recall correctly the classic outfit figures and the Claire figure with remake look were all photographed and ready to be announced back in early 2021 but they weren't because DAM was waiting for the RE licensors to approve it...
Thank you for being so active in our community and giving us insight and of course, for your hard work with LIM!

Do either of those include the print on the back of the jacket. It looks like the XToys doesn't, but I can't find any pics of the back of UBToys. The UBToys jacket looks pretty crappy anyways, with the giant zips. Really sucks ciuz the UBToys looks like a better fit on the tailoring, but it doesn't have the print.
They both have the print on the back, though the etching on the Xtoys version isn't colored in, so it near impossible to see (see pic).
If I ever get the time, I'll try using some blackwash on it to see if that'll bring it out more.
But I do prefer the Xtoys jacket over the UBToys one, the sleeves length and zipper color are more accurate. And it fits better too.

20220126_015313.jpg

Also, just noticed that both Claire and Leon are $41 more than the Dam Leon release last year. In CAD, these figures are $380 each! And they couldn't even be bothered with giving Claire a seamless body?? Dang, WTF Dam?!

Last edited:
Capcom works in mysterious ways. I don't get the costume choice for Claire, either. IMO the remake version of the classic costume looks worse without the black undershirt, and the red jacket outfit is her default look she has in every game/movie after RE2. It would also hide those unsightly joints.

There's a rumour that Capcom demands expressionless faces, all RE statues and figures have them, but Claire's face looks especially lifeless. I said it before but if they gave Leon a new portrait I still would have bought this version, I think Damtoys is doing the best they can given the situation with Capcom, but reusing the same headsculpt will lose them plenty of sales, I'm sure.
The Asmus Toys Devil May Cry figures do seem to escape this, but only sliiightly.... In that the main character Dante gets expressions. His DMC3 ones are fairly strong. His DMC5 one (the one based on the similar REngine) is a slight smirk, which works for his slightly calmer character in this game. Everyone else gets a neutral expression. It kind of works for the antagonist Vergil, in that he's a 'coolheaded' character in comparison, so it makes sense to be fairly expressionless, but it's an odd choice for others like V and Nero. V has some life to him, and so it would have been nice to get a wry smile in his bonus 'white hair head', rather than the same 'nothing' as the main head, but with white hair. Nero especially is super energetic in the games, so it's odd to have the figure version of him just be like ':|' He only looks like vaguely angry and it's a shame coz his character is so loud in game. Although Dante gets expression, it seems everyone else is consistent with the mostly 'neutral' look.

I really want a Claire for my RE2 collection, but she does seem especially vacant.

Last edited:
The clothes and sculpt look good but it's a shame she also has that vacant expression that plagues RE sculpts, the knee design is weird to say the least, as I mentioned before DAM has the license to make several characters in multiple specific outfits and they did make the remake default outfit version of Claire which was sent for approval along with this version but the people handling the license only approved the classic outfit and the other Leon, no idea why but must be incredibly frustrating to deal with.
I wonder how Capcom approved HORRIBLE vinyl nemesis in 1/6.
Licensing team is prone to strange desicions

Why do these Damtoys RE figures always look like they took a bite out of a bad sandwich and they don’t know how to react?

It’s not like there are actors stipulating a neutral expression.

Seems really weird to me. I mean Capcom seems a little odd about how they license their properties so I guess it could be some strange licensor requirement.

Come to think of it, the Prime 1 statues also have some really blank expressions despite being in action poses.

Capcom: “We’ll allow you to make figures and statues of our characters but don’t make them look excited about it.”

BBTS is probably the worst place to buy import figures from. Instead of eating the overseas transport cost, they tack it onto the purchase price. I imagine once SSC locks in their distribution for these two figures, BBTS will lower their price accordingly. Though, I'd imagine they'd only lower it to the retail price.

Just PO-ed Claire at KGH for $376 CAD, thanks to a bunch of points I had stacked up.
She was $399 CAD at Giantoy with fees+shipping. Ouch.
Looks like I'll only be getting one. Unless they drop the price later on like they sometimes do.

I really love that Claire but goddamn that price man. I've been collecting 1/6 for 18 years with around 100 figures and I've honestly never paid that much for a figure as I've always been frugal about purchases so better not start now, not with this economy. Super cool figures but a super easy pass thanks to that outrageous price.

Last edited:
I'm passing on this figure as well. Too expensive, already have most of the accessories from the Leon version and prefer the other Claire outfit. Will get it if I do manage to find it at a good discounted price.

I really love that Claire but goddamn that price man. I've been collecting 1/6 for 18 years with around 100 figures and I've honestly never paid that much for a figure as I've always been frugal about purchases so better not start now, not with this economy. Super cool figures but a super easy pass thanks to that outrageous price.
Most exp i paid for was blitzway fight club set. Never bought figures over $250 since. $200 kinda my soft limit usually around $150. And yea havent bought any 1/6 for few years.

1/6 tech seems to hit a bottleneck.

Yeah, I love Dam figures and RE but I will be passing on both as well. However, if they release a remake Claire then I would probably buy that version.

Same boat here as well. I might get this if the price drops. For now it’s on the wishlist.

Back