1/6 NAUTS x DAMTOYS - Resident Evil 2 - Claire Redfield & Leon S. Kennedy (Classic Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AABAF78D-3AF7-40FB-AB63-30E313C75166.gif

Hope Jill is next

What a disappointment that this is not the Remake version for Claire...
The realisation is good as usual with Damtoys, and the HS is perfect, but we will definitely have to change the body.

For Leon, his costume is less good than the Remake version (I think the same for Claire anyway)

This is gorgeous! Really impressed with that Claire. I think she looks great. I do wish they'd have used the Remake outfit but this works because it's technically almost the canon outfit. Now I'm really hopeful they will do a Remake Jill. That's a dream.

Some thoughts:

Really weird we’re getting alternate costume Claire, seeing as how they completely skipped over standard. I’m getting this because it’ll be the first official 1/6 claire. Odd choice nonetheless.

Leon looks good, but...they couldn’t have changed the direction of his eye sight? Or...I dunno, give him a 2nd portrait to...Y’know...to incentivize owners of their first Leon figure to double dip??

Lastly...I admire everyone’s hopes and dreams...
But consider the amount of time that has passed from announcement, release and now this announcement.

I don’t know who is in charge or calling the shots...but whatever is going on between Damtoys, nauts and capcom, it’s annoying as hell because these figures should’ve been revealed 3 years ago. The length of time it’s taking DT to produce these is ridiculous.

Edit- furthermore, in the time it took for DT to reveal their 1st Leon to this recent reveal, Asmus has released the 4 core characters of DMCV.

So those wishing for the other characters in the RE universe...don’t hold your breath guys.

More details:
The price will be 1680 RMB, which is 250 USD but probably around 280-290 USD with shipping.
Release date should be Q4 2022.
According to DAMTOYS, it is a new developed female body for Claire (Clue for the future? :unsure: ).

At 250-300, we shouldn't be needing to body swap. I Iike everything about the set except for the kneecaps. I could get away with the arm joints but the way they did the knees looks even more unnatural. I doubt you can even put knee wraps to hide it when posing.

Capcom works in mysterious ways. I don't get the costume choice for Claire, either. IMO the remake version of the classic costume looks worse without the black undershirt, and the red jacket outfit is her default look she has in every game/movie after RE2. It would also hide those unsightly joints.

There's a rumour that Capcom demands expressionless faces, all RE statues and figures have them, but Claire's face looks especially lifeless. I said it before but if they gave Leon a new portrait I still would have bought this version, I think Damtoys is doing the best they can given the situation with Capcom, but reusing the same headsculpt will lose them plenty of sales, I'm sure.

What a punch in the nuts. After all this time waiting for Claire, and it doesn't even match the existing Leon. I don't believe this is happening.

Is the expression situation maybe to do with Capcom using the likenesses of real actors in their RE Engine games, so there's maybe some further clearance they need to get? But then if that's the case, how did Asmus get the classic smirk on Dante? Grasping at straws here but it seems like a interesting mandate from them, if it really is the case.

Is the expression situation maybe to do with Capcom using the likenesses of real actors in their RE Engine games, so there's maybe some further clearance they need to get? But then if that's the case, how did Asmus get the classic smirk on Dante? Grasping at straws here but it seems like a interesting mandate from them, if it really is the case.

The licensing teams are different. They RE creative team approves the RE sculpts. The DMC creative team approves the DMC sculpts.

Man I'm excited for these classic looks! This is the RE look I grew up with! lol
I get it that some may find the Leon version a little lacking - a different sculpt would have been nice for sure. But it's cool that Dam is actually bothering with it in the first place. I'm half tempted to get rid of my RE2R Leon now and replacing him with this version instead.
And as for Claire's Remake outfit, grab an extra UBtoys or Xtoys coat and some jeans, and there ya go.

The clothes and sculpt look good but it's a shame she also has that vacant expression that plagues RE sculpts, the knee design is weird to say the least, as I mentioned before DAM has the license to make several characters in multiple specific outfits and they did make the remake default outfit version of Claire which was sent for approval along with this version but the people handling the license only approved the classic outfit and the other Leon, no idea why but must be incredibly frustrating to deal with.

Classic Leon is currently available in OneSixthKit, it is just been posted.
Claire probably wil be available soon too.
The price is 293 USD.
Saw it also in Toys Wonderland, but they want 200 USD before shipping, let's see what will be the final price with shipping🤷‍♂️

The clothes and sculpt look good but it's a shame she also has that vacant expression that plagues RE sculpts, the knee design is weird to say the least, as I mentioned before DAM has the license to make several characters in multipce specific outfits and they did make the remake default outfit version of Claire which was sent for approval along with this version but the people handling the license only approved the classic outfit and the other Leon, no idea why but must be incredibly frustrating to deal with.
giphy.gif

Yeah really frustrating, if I recall correctly the classic outfit figures and the Claire figure with remake look were all photographed and ready to be announced back in early 2021 but they weren't because DAM was waiting for the RE licensors to approve it...

Back