1/6 Mars Toys MAT014 Joker (Jack Nicholson)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope this figure's hands aren't the stupid hard plastic that their reissue of the DX08 KO had. I think the first version had the softer/pliable hands like the real DX08, but my reissue surely has some stiff hands. I tried getting the gun in one of them but was afraid of breaking the gun. I got the blowhorn in one but it took some paint off the inside of the hand. I also wished Mars would go the extra mile and make hands that better fit the accessories. The DX08 hands were always like multipurpose instead of specific for certain accessories. For instance, the trigger hand was also meant to hold the cane and be a pointing gesture hand. The other gripping hand seems to be similar minus holding the gun.

Cyber-X DX14 KO actually made new hands that looked pretty nice. That's about the only actual update they made on that set though. The rest was pretty subpar. Would love to get those hands to repaint and use for this figure, but I've never seen anyone part it out.

Last edited:
Really? I thought the reissue of the DX08 was supposed to be improved slightly over the original KO release. Looked like the coat had a better cut, the vest was a little better where the buttons are, things like that. Is my understanding incorrect?

Really? I thought the reissue of the DX08 was supposed to be improved slightly over the original KO release. Looked like the coat had a better cut, the vest was a little better where the buttons are, things like that. Is my understanding incorrect?
It was a bit better for the most part, mostly in the clothing, and specifically the overcoat and tuxedo jacket. The vest was more or less the same though. I had bought the first run vest from TA to potentially mess with to get more like the HT as well as the tie, so I have both of those to compare. The MarsToys reissue tie was improved from the first run but not by much. The hands are the only things that went backwards from what I can tell. The headsculpt paint apps were more or less the same as the first version based on pics of the first and the reissue I have.

TA eventually broke down a DX08 and while I managed to get the official tie,vest, and fatsuit with sleeves, I missed the headsculpt. So, I at least I have those few better parts that help the MarsToys figure look much better.

Last edited:
Tempted to get another DX08 knockoff to use with the beret and laughing sculpt from this set.

Then get the sculpt with a little white makeup repainted with the full clown look.

The first issue of the DX08 KO was ok for a KO, but the reissue was done in a different factory and from what I can tell, was made better. The headsculpt paint and eyes were still fine but not great though. However, if you look at some of their recent releases like Saul Goodman, BB Mike, and Jordan Belfort, they’re all pretty solid looking figures especially considering the price. Of course, everyone’s mileage varies.

I checked them out and they're better, particularly for the price. Thanks
Welp, just PO'd this Mob Boss Joker @Kit Chen ... I mean, how could I not?

It's Joker madness!!!

Same here. With this release I'll have more versions of any other one character. And after buying these InArt figure lately $169 seems like a steal. :lol

I just noticed something looking at these pics. If you look at the hat you can see the brim is bending/wavy looking. That's because it doesn't fit his head correctly. They used the same specifications of the HT hat but did not account ( or care) that his head is wider with due to the poofy hair. I know this because this is exactly how my hat looked when I attempted to put it on my modified head.

MobJoker89.jpg

I just noticed something looking at these pics. If you look at the hat you can see the brim is bending/wavy looking. That's because it doesn't fit his head correctly. They used the same specifications of the HT hat but did not account ( or care) that his head is wider with due to the poofy hair. I know this because this is exactly how my hat looked when I attempted to put it on my modified head.

View attachment 619891
They noted that the hat will be adjusted as well as including the buzzer hand and the neck tie.

I don’t expect anything they do to the hat will make it look right unless they provide a “hat hair” sculpt along with it. It‘ll need to be way too big to fit over that poofy do.

I preordered.

I have the DX08, it was my first Hot Toys. And I also have the DX14, which I love.

So it just made sense to jump on this release.

3 Jack Nicholson Jokers!

Stanley Kubrick Film GIF

And I hope they don't alter the hair just so the hat can fit better. The non-hat hair of the sculpts right now is a big part of the appeal for me.

The sculpts won’t be touched I don’t think. The only major complaint is the hat, which they said they will fix.

I don't get the disdain some had for Mars' '89 Joker. It was especially prevalent on Facebook.

When I got him I thought he was pretty amazing for the price. It gave me confidence to believe that their '66 line would good.

I'm not a big fan of the film though, so I only bought him as a curiosity. When the original DX08 was announced I pre-ordered but soon cancelled - I remember writing at the time something along the lines of, "I don't really need a fake, dead Joker." :lol

In my old days I'd have snapped up the new Mob Boss as another curiosity. Even in my current frame of mind that's telling me not to buy oddities that don't mean anything to me, he's really pulling me in. It's that full flesh paint Nicholson sculpt that's doing it. He's cheap too, as was their earlier version. $168 for a striking look and three sculpts.

Kit's pre-order doesn't cut off for another month, and I'm fairly sure I'll have ordered him by then.

I also amended the thread title to add MAT014 to differentiate him from the earlier version.

Back