1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a quick pass over the Present Toys Indy to see how far I can take it without swapping out for custom pieces, just working with what's there.

- Acrylic painted weathering and staining over hat, pants, shirt, jacket, holster, shoes, etc.
- Painted the holster color closer to the accurate leather.
- Sandpaper and other distressing over jacket, pants, etc for a more worn look.
- Glued down jacket and shirt collars as they otherwise flare up way too much.
- Added wires in jacket opening to control flaring (this is actually added to both the original and custom images below)
- Gloss varnish blotches on his chest, neck and sideburns to give a nice sweaty look.
- Alot of futzing of the clothes, especially the pants which are generally way too tight. Could really help with a thinner material for the shirt.

IndianaJones_01.jpg

IndianaJones_02.jpg

I made a quick pass over the Present Toys Indy to see how far I can take it without swapping out for custom pieces, just working with what's there.

- Acrylic painted weathering and staining over hat, pants, shirt, jacket, holster, shoes, etc.
- Painted the holster color closer to the accurate leather.
- Sandpaper and other distressing over jacket, pants, etc for a more worn look.
- Glued down jacket and shirt collars as they otherwise flare up way too much.
- Added wires in jacket opening to control flaring (this is actually added to both the original and custom images below)
- Gloss varnish blotches on his chest, neck and sideburns to give a nice sweaty look.
- Alot of futzing of the clothes, especially the pants which are generally way too tight. Could really help with a thinner material for the shirt.

View attachment 641736
View attachment 641737
This looks amazing !! Got a few questions, if you don't mind:

1. What grit sandpaper did you use?
2. Was there a particular brand and colour of acrylic paint you used?
3. What glue brand did you use? Is there one that's safe for cloths?
4. How did you get the trousers to look wider ?

This looks amazing !! Got a few questions, if you don't mind:

1. What grit sandpaper did you use?
2. Was there a particular brand and colour of acrylic paint you used?
3. What glue brand did you use? Is there one that's safe for cloths?
4. How did you get the trousers to look wider ?
Thanks!

1. I used a 180 grit sandpaper, was enough to just roughen the fabric, shear some edges, and tear a few areas when focusing on a spot.
2. Acrylic paint is Vallejo. For this kind of weathering which is mostly dirt, bleaching, staining, i used colors Off-White, Beige Brown, Tan Yellow, and Smoke, as well as Gloss Varnish for the sweat, and Saddle Orange/Red for the holster base.
3. Just a standard super glue called Loctite Creative.
4. Was tricky, but alot of stretching and futzing, as well as pulling the pants quite low down on the waist, as much as possible so the pants can bunch up and crease as much as possible.

Thanks!

1. I used a 180 grit sandpaper, was enough to just roughen the fabric, shear some edges, and tear a few areas when focusing on a spot.
2. Acrylic paint is Vallejo. For this kind of weathering which is mostly dirt, bleaching, staining, i used colors Off-White, Beige Brown, Tan Yellow, and Smoke, as well as Gloss Varnish for the sweat, and Saddle Orange/Red for the holster base.
4. Was tricky, but alot of stretching and futzing, as well as pulling the pants quite low down on the waist, as much as possible so the pants can bunch up and crease as much as possible.
How did you go about stretching and futzing the pants?

How did you go about stretching and futzing the pants?
Most of the look comes from the pants sitting far lower than they do in the stock Present Toys, which ride way too high. It really helps that bunched up and wider look below the knees. Other than that, i mostly just physically stretched the pants to a little effect, and distressed the pants in areas with sandpaper which also loosened the fabric slightly, giving a little more stretch.

Most of the look comes from the pants sitting far lower than they do in the stock Present Toys, which ride way too high. It really helps that bunched up and wider look below the knees. Other than that, i mostly just physically stretched the pants to a little effect, and distressed the pants in areas with sandpaper which also loosened the fabric slightly, giving a little more stretch.
Thanks ! I will give that a try .

Thanks!

Thanks for the tip, ordered and waiting for it arrive but yours does look really good without any custom accessories. Someone suggested swapping the body for the Worldbox one, apparently the jacket sits way better. Might be next steps, first job is weathering!!!

Thanks for the tip, ordered and waiting for it arrive but yours does look really good without any custom accessories. Someone suggested swapping the body for the Worldbox one, apparently the jacket sits way better. Might be next steps, first job is weathering!!!
I had a Worldbox AT020 sitting in my shopping cart specifically for Indy but never got around to it. Would love to see how much of a difference that makes! I have ordered at least Worldbox seamless arms AT020C as the base hands are pretty terrible, and want to go for that seamless wrist look.

Looks great @OzzyAndyHam!

Re: The Pants, yeah, between the body swap I’d done and pulling the waist of the pants down lower than they sit on the stock figure with some water treatments/manual stretching, the pants are very workable with some TLC. I don’t know if they changed between V1 and V2 like the jacket did, but from the earlier impressions I thought they were going to be unusable, but I’m reasonably happy with them after a little work. Happy enough to not spend $100 on 1/6 pants haha.

4CC1566B-F4B7-4600-B2D2-B3F5FA40C766.jpeg

I need to work on the holster next. Makes a big difference, thanks for the tips!

Re: The Pants, yeah, between the body swap I’d done and pulling the waist of the pants down lower than they sit on the stock figure with some water treatments/manual stretching, the pants are very workable with some TLC. I don’t know if they changed between V1 and V2 like the jacket did, but from the earlier impressions I thought they were going to be unusable, but I’m reasonably happy with them after a little work. Happy enough to not spend $100 on 1/6 pants haha.

View attachment 642212

I need to work on the holster next. Makes a big difference, thanks for the tips!
Looks great! Yes the pants are definitely workable to a degree.

View attachment 642212

This looks really good as well, getting excited! Can't wait until mine arrives 😬 I've been wondering if HT would release a young Indy since Dial of Destiny features him but all the likeness issues got me thinking it's not going to happen. This is definately good enough if you're not looking to spend $$ on a fully custom one!!!

Last edited:
I’m part of the FB group, but I just happened to stumble on the boots by seeing them on Instagram. I don't get on FB enough to see what's going on there. I originally just joined so I could get in on the custom clothing run. It's been a good thing though as Merek over there really saved the day on those Andrea ROTLA headsculpts

Last edited:
Merek is a good guy and is good about making sure stuff gets done. It's a fun group to be part of. Which clothing run are you on ? The siberian Last Crusade or Raiders run?

Back