1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool! Just checking. I guess it was the angle making it look a little different (aside from the neck/chest). I’m definitely looking forward to having Andrea’s sculpt. Will just have to see about getting it painted since I really don’t have time these days.

Is Andy for sure making Indy hats? Or is it sort of a by person case? Sorry, I’m very out of the loop with things but also understand if certain stuff is only for a select few :)
Im not sure how Andy will offer them. If its a per order type thing or if he's doing a limited run or if they will be added to his accessories set he's doing. All I know is I had approached him about doing it after seeing his MacReady hat and that he agreed and had said he wanted to do one anyway. So 👍👍 Main issue is getting it to scale and fit right. I figured he was able to make that magic happen with MacReady I figured if anyone can get a hat to look right it's Andy

Forgive the poor cell phone pictures and the dust on my case

20220812_232732.jpg
Screenshot_20220812-230456_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Im not sure how Andy will offer them. If its a per order type thing or if he's doing a limited run or if they will be added to his accessories set he's doing. All I know is I had approached him about doing it after seeing his MacReady hat and that he agreed and had said he wanted to do one anyway. So 👍👍 Main issue is getting it to scale and fit right. I figured he was able to make that magic happen with MacReady I figured if anyone can get a hat to look right it's Andy
Ahh ok cool! Thanks for the info :hi5:

Looking forward to how yours will come out. I imagine it would be sorta hard to do a mass produced one as I’m sure all the different sculpts out there have a slightly different head circumference.

Here's how my Indy is coming along. Just received the painted head from ed.ma_painter today which is nicely done for sure.

1. Modified MJ Choi correctly sized head with closed mouth. Painted by Ed.ma_painter as mentioned above.
  2. Yunsil/Toribox jacket weathered by Jacob Rahmier.
  3. Present Toys shirt.
  4. Sovereign Studios pants with web belt.
  5. Sovereign Studios Gunbelt and Holster with whip keeper.
  6. MFisher whip.
  7. Worldbox AT011 body.
  8. Present Toys boots + bag with strap that I forgot to put onto the figure. D'oh!

Attachments

• 20220816_154301.jpg
    20220816_154301.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220816_203836-1.jpg
    20220816_203836-1.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 0
Here's how my Indy is coming along. Just received the painted head from ed.ma_painter today which is nicely done for sure.

1. Modified MJ Choi correctly sized head with closed mouth. Painted by Ed.ma_painter as mentioned above.
  2. Yunsil/Toribox jacket weathered by Jacob Rahmier.
  3. Present Toys shirt.
  4. Sovereign Studios pants with web belt.
  5. Sovereign Studios Gunbelt and Holster with whip keeper.
  6. MFisher whip.
  7. Worldbox AT011 body.
  8. Present Toys boots + bag with strap that I forgot to put onto the figure. D'oh!
That's a fantastic looking Indy, cking! :clap Beautiful head sculpt and top shelf paint job.

The present toys shirt is really nice, might benefit from some nailheads instead of the buttons though I haven't modded the one I acquired yet.

I've spent the past few weeks trying to find some suitable colored fabric for some custom 1/6 Indy pants. The actual movie pants were really quite brown (I've got some fabric left over from some MBA Costumes pants which were made by the guy who was in charge of the costume production for the first three Indy movies (Noel Howard). My chosen fabric can be seen on the left leg in these photos (left when you're looking at the photo). Costume designer Deborah Nadoolman was quoted as saying the color palette for Indy's costume was earth tones and so far, none of the 1/6 pants I've received have been correct and I really want my 1/6 costume to be as accurate to the colors of the full size screen used costume. I'll keep you posted on how the custom pants look when made with this fabric but I'm quite optimistic that they will look really accurate when completed.
The pants that my figure is wearing in the photos are the Sovereign Studios versions which although better than the Present Toys or Toribox color, are still a bit too green tinted.

Attachments

• 20220819_183156.jpg
    20220819_183156.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220819_183243.jpg
    20220819_183243.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 0
the conundrum when it comes to making any high end custom figure seems to be do you want screen accuracy or accuracy to the real fabric without all the filters/lighting effects that maybe change them a bit. Sometimes there's not much difference and then other times the fabric looks like it could be 4 different colors depending on what you're referencing.

The "Raiders taupe" apparently was sourced from California Highway Patrolman's trousers patterned after traditional Pinks. Personally, I prefer the shade of fabric used in Raiders and Temple, but that's just me. I think getting the right color, drape and material texture in scale presents another added difficulty.

I'm not certain if it was the lighting, but Raiders pants were warmer (browner) while Temple pants were cooler and grayer.

Last Crusade pants are very "Pink" indeed.

I will say that swatch in and of itself is a cool relic to have. Speaking of pants, they were totally inexcusable with the Present toys set.

Well, current progress on Indy. A few temporary parts on my main Indy.

Attachments

• 20220819_195201.jpg
    20220819_195201.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220819_195357.jpg
    20220819_195357.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220819_193702.jpg
    20220819_193702.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 0
The swatch that I'm holding on my Indy figure's left leg is the fabric that I've found. It's not the swatch that I've got from the late Noel Howard of MBA Costumes. I'll show a photo of the two swatches side by side so you can see how they compare.

Back