1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to pick up that 21st century motorcycle/sidecar to go with an eventual Last Crusade Indy.
View attachment 547456View attachment 547457

That looks GREAT!!! Scale looks good there too.

I know you don't want to mess the futz, but I'd love to see how he looks riding that motorcycle, grinning like he just wiped out 4 Nazi speedsters.

Looking good, Mr. E!

Is that the shrunken Trevor Grove PF sculpt?

Nice, Evil_Ash!

Decided to pick up that 21st century motorcycle/sidecar to go with an eventual Last Crusade Indy.
View attachment 547456View attachment 547457
Indeed it is that ages old shrunken PF sculpt, modded and painted by Jake Rahmier years ago.

Nice bike; Indy definitely has something to be smiling about. Now we just need the convoy truck. And the tank. That too.

That looks GREAT!!! Scale looks good there too.

I know you don't want to mess the futz, but I'd love to see how he looks riding that motorcycle, grinning like he just wiped out 4 Nazi speedsters.
Thanks, Wor! :duff The Iris pants wrinkle too easily so don't want to mess with those but I'll test out one of my other figs soon.

Indeed it is that ages old shrunken PF sculpt, modded and painted by Jake Rahmier years ago.

Nice bike; Indy definitely has something to be smiling about. Now we just need the convoy truck. And the tank. That too.
I always confuse it with the WGP at first glance but I prefer the Grove sculpt, has the signature Ford smirk.

I would love to see an accurate 1/6th Truck with Indy underneath, blonde Nazi driving.
Some of these companies make all that stuff -- German trucks, tanks -- but not sure how accurate any of it is to Indy and some of it costs a fortune. Pretty sure I saw a plain gray truck for $1500 or something nuts. :lol

There is an underscale -- or 'pug' version -- 1/6th trooper carrier type truck that I saw many years ago when 21st Century was the leader in 1/6th military stuff. It wasn't right in many ways but the sheer size -- even in its somewhat 'deformed' state -- was impressive.

I can't imagine what I'd do with a real authentic 1/6th Raiders truck though. It's a fantasy, like hanging the '89 Batwing from my ceiling.

Rocco sculpt painted by Kit, who said he failed and needs to try again.

44F2D4D7-EE87-42C7-A7AE-1AFBD48B9F5B.jpeg
6E4FFE62-4430-45BA-8B1C-3C9020E77633.jpeg

Have to be critical here... and this is a perfect example of why we pay big money for professional paint apps. The almond shaped irises and pink lips are not correct. I really don't think I would have released those pictures.

But it is not just the paintwork... look at the size of the hat compared to the head. The hat ribbon is nowhere near where his head would be. The hat looks like its floating over his scalp, and if he did pull it down all the way it would cover his ears. The brim is too thick, as was mentioned previously. The sculpt and hat still need refinement.

View attachment 545295
#onesixthscale#indianajones
Head Sculpting & painting @sculptor.buffy
clothes set:@kato_work
Shoes sculpting :@dtstudios3d
Shoes painting: @viper__customs
accessories: #m.fisher
My Hot Toys jacket finally started disintegrating. How much was that jacket? Anyone else have any jacket recommendations, as well?

Thanks, y'all.

My Hot Toys jacket finally started disintegrating. How much was that jacket? Anyone else have any jacket recommendations, as well?

Thanks, y'all.
His Kato jacket was around $800-870 if I remember. The best jackets usually are very expensive but if you manage to get one it is well worth it.

Thanks, y'all.
Depends on what level of accuracy/ quality you're going for?

The most cost effective with real leather is Hnlee's/Rise Collectibles one. Better fit and look than HT imo. He will start a 3rd run in the new year I believe. Jacket alone was $180 for the second batch and he's said price will go up a little for batch 3. Tailored to the TTM19 style bodies.

Mike Yuan's real leather jacket alone is $300. The full set is $500 which includes jacket, shirt, pants, bag, web belt and holster then add $150 for weathering. This oneI believe is tailored to the HT Han Solo body.

Then you've got the sold out new batch of the Yunsil Set which was about $500 (jacket, shirt, pants and web belt). Doesn't use real leather, but the fit and look is pretty great from my understanding based on fellow collector images.

There's also the sold out real leather jacket being run by Jagzz that's a little over $600 I believe.

And the Kato one that Luis mentioned above.

I think these are all the most current versions out in the world right now but I'm a newbie in the Indy customization world so I could be very wrong. But I think this gives you an idea that as the price goes up, so does the accuracy, fit etc.

Thank you for the recs, Gipetto0812 and Luisenigma1! Now the hunt for a new jacket begins.

Thank you for the recs, Gipetto0812 and Luisenigma1! Now the hunt for a new jacket begins.
I was going to recommend the Mike Yuan as well, seems like a good value for what he showed. A member on the custom site (Chilipep) is selling his spot on that run too, might be able to jump ahead of the line.

Got my smiling Indy back from the painter. Pretty excited as I still think this sculpt has perhaps the best Ford Indy likenesses, though obviously so scene (or poster) specific to make it a less versatile sculpt than all the others.

Planning a Cairo look at some down the line when I get a better shirt option. (Just noticed the whip handle is hanging all the way down to his boots. :lol)

View attachment 537415
View attachment 537416View attachment 537420View attachment 537421View attachment 537418View attachment 537419

Got my smiling Indy back from the painter. Pretty excited as I still think this sculpt has perhaps the best Ford Indy likenesses, though obviously so scene (or poster) specific to make it a less versatile sculpt than all the others.

Planning a Cairo look at some down the line when I get a better shirt option. (Just noticed the whip handle is hanging all the way down to his boots. :lol)

View attachment 537415
View attachment 537416View attachment 537420View attachment 537421View attachment 537418View attachment 537419
Looks dope! Which jacket is that? lookin to replace my OG Hot Toys one. Checkin all options

I was going to recommend the Mike Yuan as well, seems like a good value for what he showed. A member on the custom site (Chilipep) is selling his spot on that run too, might be able to jump ahead of the line.
Thanks for the advice TonTon. Your customs are lookin on point. Which custom site is Chilipep on?

I feel like lookin at all these custom makers is the 1st time i regret deleting my facebook 😂

Looks dope! Which jacket is that? lookin to replace my OG Hot Toys one. Checkin all options
Thank you! That's the Iris jacket. Just a heads up too that about 50 people are on the Jagzz jacket run. It's moving slowly (10 people got their jackets so far) but people buying that Jagzz jacket as an upgrade may start selling off their Iris, Yunsil, and other jackets as they get them.

Here's the Mike Yuan thread with Chili's info too: Clothing set - Indiana Jones outfit set (Genuine Leather Jacket) & shoes

Got that DID holster today and it's a good holster but it doesn't work for Raiders besides the color. The size works more for TOD or LC so I'll probably use it for LC.
20211130_132222.jpg
20211130_132231.jpg

Wow, that looks huge. Seemed better scaled than that on the Mackenzie figure. Nice color and shape though.

Maybe it will shrink a bit if you get it wet?
That would be something but I rather not damage the holster as if not careful it can shrink it to much to the point it is damaged but I have managed it before.

Back