1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Just to echo what everyone else has said, phenomenal work. Do you mind giving a full breakdown of what pieces you used?
Thank you, ShadowX81!

Head/Hat: Buffy (Buffy paint)
Body: HT Indiana Jones w/swapped in thinner double-jointed arms
Jacket: Old Kato
Shirt: Iris
Pants: Yunsil v1
Boots: Sideshow TOD
Satchel: HT w/Kato strap
Gunbelt, web belt, holster, revolver: full metal
Whip: mfisher
Gloved hands: HT

I submit for judgment my Indy, which is very much still a work in progress.

20221119_192934.jpg

20221119_193013.jpg

20221119_195101.jpg

I went with the Yunsil v2 shirt, pants, and jacket on a Hot Toys Han Solo body, Hot Toys Indy Sachel and boots, with a Sideshow Whip, custom gunbelt and holster from someone who was selling it on this board years ago, and capped it all off with a treasure hunter headsculpt with Hot Toys fedora.

This started its life as a standard Hot Toys release that I just kept replacing pieces on, until barely anything of the original figure remained. Im not a fan of the boxy and somewhat baggy Yunsil jacket so im trying to replace it with an Iris, and the strap on my sachel has finally started disintegrating so I've got to find a replacement for that too. Also want to try and get an upgrade for the headsculpt too, but IMO no one has completely 100% nailed the likeness yet.

Thank you ShadowX81!
Head/Hat: Buffy (Buffy paint)
Body: HT Indiana Jones w/swapped in thinner double-jointed arms
Jacket: Old Kato
Shirt: Iris
Pants: Yunsil v1
Boots: Sideshow TOD
Satchel: HT w/Kato strap
Gunbelt, web belt, holster, revolver: full metal
Whip: mfisher
Gloved hands: HT
Brilliant! And thank you for sharing your recipie. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't regret missing out on Kato's jacket back when he was offering it. Even a decade later it still stands apart.

Last edited:

View attachment 608807
View attachment 608808
View attachment 608810

I went with the Yunsil v2 shirt, pants, and jacket on a Hot Toys Han Solo body, Hot Toys Indy Sachel and boots, with a Sideshow Whip, custom gunbelt and holster from someone who was selling it on this board years ago, and capped it all off with a treasure hunter headsculpt with Hot Toys fedora.

This started its life as a standard Hot Toys release that I just kept replacing pieces on, until barely anything of the original figure remained. Im not a fan of the boxy and somewhat baggy Yunsil jacket so im trying to replace it with an Iris, and the strap on my sachel has finally started disintegrating so I've got to find a replacement for that too. Also want to try and get an upgrade for the headsculpt too, but IMO no one has completely 100% nailed the likeness yet.

Brilliant! And thank you for sharing your recipie. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't regret missing out on Kato's jacket back when he was offering it. Even a decade later it still stands apart.
Nice work! I went back and forth with the Iris and Yunsil jacket for a while, both have their pros and cons but I felt like the Iris looked a little better straight out of the box. And I liked the richer dark brown it had.

That v2 Yunsil shirt is one of the best there is. Mfisher still makes some nice bag straps if you need a replacement.

And I have to agree that nobody has 100% nailed Ford's Indy likeness. The closest I think was the Inigo smiling sculpt, but it's very "scene specific" so to speak. @Rzeznikk pic here. Also some amazing customizing on the Yunsil jacket here -- Jacob glued down the collar and used stiffen kwik for wrinkles in the sleeves and jacket.

BA255F8C-C317-4140-A1B2-C591DD2F5C04.jpeg

View attachment 608807
View attachment 608808
View attachment 608810

Good work there, ShadowX81!

The only nit I would pick would be that the fedora looks too small on the Treasure Hunter sculpt but aside from that, he looks good.

I definitely need to find a pair or two of decent pants, especially for the Present Toys release.

Looking good @ShadowX81
A little futzing will go a long way in improving the overall look of the figure, and you've got a great piece to futz with.

In regards to pants, I found some that are workable from an old DiD figure, some artist or painter I think? They're fairly close in color, drape and fabric used, but they don't have the flapped back pockets and they need their cuffed hems modified. Once that's done, they improve the Present Toys set considerably.

20221120_070621.jpg

And an ashamedly unfutzed picture of the Present Toys set:
20221120_070529.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work! I went back and forth with the Iris and Yunsil jacket for a while, both have their pros and cons but I felt like the Iris looked a little better straight out of the box. And I liked the richer dark brown it had.

That v2 Yunsil shirt is one of the best there is. Mfisher still makes some nice bag straps if you need a replacement.

And I have to agree that nobody has 100% nailed Ford's Indy likeness. The closest I think was the Inigo smiling sculpt, but it's very "scene specific" so to speak
Yeah, due to Ford's very expressive face combined with his noticeable weight loss/gains during the shoot, even he looks radically different between different scenes.

I'll definitely have to hit up Mfisher too. I finally decided "screw it" on the Hot Toys strap after two more breaks and tore the thing off.

And I managed to snag an Iris jacket last week and just got it in. Even 5 seconds out of the envelope and with minimal futzing, its a radical improvement.

417570-20221121-161718.jpg

Looking good @ShadowX81
A little futzing will go a long way in improving the overall look of the figure, and you've got a great piece to futz with.
Thank you! I guess ive been reticent to futz with it too much, since when I even look at the disintegrating bag strap wrong it falls apart. It actually ripped twice more just taking off the coat for the previous pictures. Its amazing how fragile that thin leather becomes once it starts falling apart. Its like wet tissue paper.

Good work there, ShadowX81!

The only nit I would pick would be that the fedora looks too small on the Treasure Hunter sculpt but aside from that, he looks good.
Thank you. And yeah it is a smidge small, but I still think it is a step up from the hat included with the Treasure Hunter sculpt.

Last edited:
Quick question: Does anyone know where there is a 1/6 scale cross of Coronado available for purchase?

I really just need that item in order to complete my TLC "young" Indy figure. Thanks!

Quick question: Does anyone know where there is a 1/6 scale cross of Coronado available for purchase?

I really just need that item in order to complete my TLC "young" Indy figure. Thanks!
Have you checked with Tigersharktooshop on etsy? I know he has had some 1:1 scale pieces of the Cross, but he's also done his work in 1:6. I have his custom 1:6 Ark and it's superb. Would be worth a shot to reach out and see if he can make you a 1:6 version.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TigersharktooShop?ref=usf_2020

Present Toys Head
Hot Toys everything else except:
M. Fishler gunbelt, whip and bag strap

Indiana Jones Clear Background.png

I was bored and masked the background in photoshop, so later I'll play with backgrounds.

Back