1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heads up, I don't think any one here should get a paint job by Ed Ma anymore. He was confronted about his paint flaking off after a month and this was his response. He also blocked the person asking for help
IMO Ed Ma is extremely overrated. Most of his paint jobs look rushed and half assed. From the looks of it he is extremely arrogant and I wouldn’t be surprised if he paid to get followers on IG

I paint myself (for my own heads) and unfortunately paint can fall off and/or scratch very easy depending on the resin used. Everybody uses pretty much the same kind of paint.

I don’t think his communication was the right way to approach this matter - a client is a client and you should always treat clients nicely

But who should take the risk if this happens?
Do you think it is clear that this should be a risk to be taken by the painter??

I paint myself (for my own heads) and unfortunately paint can fall off and/or scratch very easy depending on the resin used. Everybody uses pretty much the same kind of paint.

I don’t think his communication was the right way to approach this matter - a client is a client and you should always treat clients nicely

But who should take the risk if this happens?
Do you think it is clear that this should be a risk to be taken by the painter??
Not if it was primed and sealed correctly, which I believe edma did a half assed job of

Not if it was primed and sealed correctly, which I believe edma did a half assed job of
Agreed. I used to repaint a lot of headsculpts when I had more time. If you prime properly and use an actual good sealer when you're done, then your paint work will be protected pretty well. Maybe not to the level of say manufacturer status, but enough that it shouldn't just flake off like what is appearing to happen with EdMa's paint work.

Last edited:
I shot myself in the foot sending him a deposit to paint a sculpt and as F&F which means PP can't help get it back. I had to ask my bank and they told me it was gonna take 40 days. So yeah if anything leason here is always pay G&S.

I shot myself in the foot sending him a deposit to paint a sculpt and as F&F which means PP can't help get it back. I had to ask my bank and they told me it was gonna take 40 days. So yeah if anything leason here is always pay G&S.
Oh damn that sucks to hear Luis! I'm glad your banks helping you out at least

Oh damn that sucks to hear Luis! I'm glad your banks helping you out at least
Hope it works out. They said I'll hear back around Feb 2023. Smh I should have just paid it as G&S the amount he asked covered it and for whatever reason I didn't think this whole thing would happen. Very upset to know I could lose that money but it's not to bad. $126 but I paid $134.94 because of fees. If I eat it I'll just ruin his name by posting everywhere and all the messages sent to other people how he does buisness. Smh

Caved and picked up the Full Metal holster/revolver. Really dig the holster, a lot more than I was expecting.

2631EB9D-5A6E-4AAD-A985-7483F13B2C8D.jpeg
284EAF83-E08B-40BA-8734-10A6763574B7.jpeg
D1596808-6022-4FC8-B18C-CBD30272D1A3.jpeg
613608D6-E08C-4895-A0FF-99A09344F075.jpeg

Back