1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know how to contact Brandon Moore? I know he went over to that other site, but I think it's no more now. While I don't have the fondest memories of the constant delays on two orders I had with him when he was still on the board, I wouldn't mind inquiring about the whip.

Hey Guys ! Years ago I customized my old SS Indy , I had the head repainted and got the MFisher Raiders set , the last thing I wanted to do was port it over to an HT Truetype body that I have been sitting on for years but can't because of the SS feet . I did see that a third party company is releasing an Indy this year that is very similar to the old HT release . I wanted to get the boots if they are like HT's and us a peg system , anyone have any suggestions on where to go for parts outs once it's released?

Hey Guys ! Years ago I customized my old SS Indy , I had the head repainted and got the MFisher Raiders set , the last thing I wanted to do was port it over to an HT Truetype body that I have been sitting on for years but can't because of the SS feet . I did see that a third party company is releasing an Indy this year that is very similar to the old HT release . I wanted to get the boots if they are like HT's and us a peg system , anyone have any suggestions on where to go for parts outs once it's released?
Which SS Indy did you customize? If the original Raiders Indy, I believe you can heat up the boots, take out the SS ankle pegs and then put in some standard barbell style ball joints. I did this with all my SS GI Joes and it works well. If it's the ToD Indy, you can remove ankle adapter inside the boots (it'll be a little tough but doable), then glue some standard ankle adapters and you'll be good to go. Or, save yourself the work and just wait on the Present Toys one.

Which SS Indy did you customize? If the original Raiders Indy, I believe you can heat up the boots, take out the SS ankle pegs and then put in some standard barbell style ball joints. I did this with all my SS GI Joes and it works well. If it's the ToD Indy, you can remove ankle adapter inside the boots (it'll be a little tough but doable), then glue some standard ankle adapters and you'll be good to go. Or, save yourself the work and just wait on the Present Toys one.
Thanks for asking , it's the Raiders Indy . I was wondering if the pegs came out easily . I put alot of money into that custom so I may wait for the present toys.

Thanks for asking , it's the Raiders Indy . I was wondering if the pegs came out easily . I put alot of money into that custom so I may wait for the present toys.
Yes I've done this with the Raiders boots. Heated up some water, and then soaked it in there for a minute and used those rubber jar-opening grippy pads to pull the peg out. Eventually it pops out. After that HT pegs do fit in.

Present Toys boots should be available soon and might be as nice or close to the HT boots, but never certain they'll use the HT-style peg system until they're parted out. Maybe someone with one of their other figures knows better. I've seen some third-party companies use some really annoying pegs at times.

Yes I've done this with the Raiders boots. Heated up some water, and then soaked it in there for a minute and used those rubber jar-opening grippy pads to pull the peg out. Eventually it pops out. After that HT pegs do fit in.

Present Toys boots should be available soon and might be as nice or close to the HT boots, but never certain they'll use the HT-style peg system until they're parted out. Maybe someone with one of their other figures knows better. I've seen some third-party companies use some really annoying pegs at times.
True. I hate it when the pegs look the same but are just a little bigger so they don’t fit standard ball sockets or they’re just a little smaller and are loose. Super annoying. Seems to happen more with ankle joints than wrist joints

Thanks Elliot er.. Ton Ton doesn't sound too difficult at all . I think I will wait to see what system Presents Toys uses and go from there . I was wondering how you would feel if someone used Donald Sutherland as Hawkeye as profile pic here? Don't worry , I am happy with mine just curious ? Thanks again for the help!

True. I hate it when the pegs look the same but are just a little bigger so they don’t fit standard ball sockets or they’re just a little smaller and are loose. Super annoying. Seems to happen more with ankle joints than wrist joints
I haven't run into that yet but I don't do alot of customizing. I am taking the wait and see approach and see what we get but it's good to know that I already do have a solution on hand.

I haven't run into that yet but I don't do alot of customizing. I am taking the wait and see approach and see what we get but it's good to know that I already do have a solution on hand.
It’s not as common as it used to be. It’s more with older and cheaper figures that this happens.

I’m sure the Present Toys figure (whenever it’s released) will be compatible with standard joints. Looks to be using a KO TTM19 body in the proto pics so you should be fine with getting things to work out for your custom

Last edited:
Gesus update. Only angle posted so far
9FC57879-3D74-4D7C-8BF9-C2E2393C78D2.jpeg

Damn. Looking good. Can’t wait to see the hat on. I wonder if the hat was tweaked at all. It needed a little work. But this is probably the best likeness so far. At least, in my opinion.

Definitely a good sculpt. Hard to tell just how good. Not sure about the paint myself -- pale skin, blue eyes, smudgy beard. But it seems to have a good intensity. Very promising overall.

Back