1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Gipetto! Sideshow's TOD Indy is a great figure. Definitely some mods you can do like switching out the hat or bag strap, but it's got really good bones as they say.
Thanks! And you're definitely right! I've already gone to town a little bit on it more than I had planned :lol Currently fixing both broken arms which is pretty easy with some screws and super glue once you take everything apart. Though, I have a spare JXToys body I'm liking more with the fit of the clothing than the SS one, so I'll probably switch over to that one anyway. Also, modded the head (scalp?) so that the seam has nearly gone away. Water treated the shirt and darkened the edges of the bloody back tears. Definitely need a new bag strap and buckle as well as one of your glowing sankara stone bags eventually if you're still doing those? And, as you said, a new hat. I'm not even a huge stickler for accuracy and Indy is definitely not one of those characters that I know all the fine details for, but even I can see the hat he comes with could be better. Hopefully the one(s) that come with the Present Toys figure fit decently well on the TOD Indy sculpt. Otherwise, I'll keep a look out on eBay for something.

My only issue is that the figure came with 2 left boots unfortunately. Can't blame the seller as it's virtually unnoticeable. I wouldn't of known (at least not right away) had I not quickly undressed him to get to work on fixing the body. So I'll either grab DoggieDoc's set or use the pair from the Present Toys figure when/if it comes out.

Last edited:
0E5CA951-5E38-4F73-AFE9-51EF4C115284.jpeg
0C58632A-79BF-482A-9A36-663710ED9830.jpeg

Better? Still not seeing it.

Thanks! And you're definitely right! I've already gone to town a little bit on it more than I had planned :lol Currently fixing both broken arms which is pretty easy with some screws and super glue once you take everything apart. Though, I have a spare JXToys body I'm liking more with the fit of the clothing than the SS one, so I'll probably switch over to that one anyway. Also, modded the head (scalp?) so that the seam has nearly gone away. Water treated the shirt and darkened the edges of the bloody back tears. Definitely need a new bag strap and buckle as well as one of your glowing sankara stone bags eventually if you're still doing those? And, as you said, a new hat. I'm not even a huge stickler for accuracy and Indy is definitely not one of those characters that I know all the fine details for, but even I can see the hat he comes with could be better. Hopefully the one(s) that come with the Present Toys figure fit decently well on the TOD Indy sculpt. Otherwise, I'll keep a look out on eBay for something.

My only issue is that the figure came with 2 left boots unfortunately. Can't blame the seller as it's virtually unnoticeable. I wouldn't of known (at least not right away) had I not quickly undressed him to get to work on fixing the body. So I'll either grab DoggieDoc's set or use the pair from the Present Toys figure when/if it comes out.
Funny that you had the two left boots issue. I bought a TOD figure for parts a couple years ago that had that exact same issue. I ended up taking out the sockets from those and converted a pair of Hot Toys boots so they'd work with the body still.

I do have a couple Sankara bags left if you need one, just shoot me a PM whenever you're ready.

Waiting on the DoggieDoc boots as well, those should make for a nice upgrade. So far the present toys hat looks like the Hot Toys one, which works well with the TOD sculpt but of course is impossible to find.

I definetly recommed the bag from TonTon. Great piece to liven up the figure display.

Really hard to tell. The overall face looks good at first glance. But the eyes seem really sunken in. I do like the subtle smirk. Definitely need to see this painted.

But the hat brim is definitely too thick. The hat itself doesn't even look like it fits very well. The proportions look good in the head-on picture but that could be the lens helping things out. I still feel the crown is too tapered unless that has been addressed by Rocco.

Agreed on the brim thickness... but that's easily remedied on the back end by a little sanding... I'd almost rather get one like that - knowing it won't be too brittle to ship etc... and work it myself... The narrowed eyes and subtle grin look great for a Raven bar "trust me" Indy...

View attachment 533101
Another endorsement of the Joe Strain whip. For those on the fence I don't think you will regret picking one of these up, IMO.
I just got mine in the mail, WOW! Joe did such an awesome job on these. I will only buy whips from him from now on. He is also a very nice guy.

It will be interesting to see what It looks painted, especially by the factory vs an artist if it's the one chosen for mass production.
Funny that you had the two left boots issue. I bought a TOD figure for parts a couple years ago that had that exact same issue. I ended up taking out the sockets from those and converted a pair of Hot Toys boots so they'd work with the body still.

I do have a couple Sankara bags left if you need one, just shoot me a PM whenever you're ready.

Waiting on the DoggieDoc boots as well, those should make for a nice upgrade. So far the present toys hat looks like the Hot Toys one, which works well with the TOD sculpt but of course is impossible to find.
Yup, I figured, worse comes to worse, I can just switch out the sockets for whatever pair I happen to get. So, it's just about patiently waiting until something is released whether that's the Present Toys with what looks like HT Indy boots or DoggieDoc's pair. Sort of kicking myself as a pair of Newline Miniatures Indy boots were on eBay for about $40 while I was waiting for my figure to arrive. Not sure if those are out of date now and there are better options since I'm not 100% on the accuracy of the boots, but it would've been a good replacement for the time being I think had I known my figure was coming with two left feet :slap
Thank you re: the Sankara bag! I will definitely send you a PM by the end of the week when I get paid. :hi5:
I definetly recommed the bag from TonTon. Great piece to liven up the figure display.
Awesome! Looking forward to ordering one. I love accessories for my figures, so anything to have even more display options is great for me.

It has a great likeness especially when repainted. However, it’s a little on the smaller side so might not necessarily look good on today’s standard bodies. I honestly think all of Medicom’s Ford sculpts are pretty great when repainted and textured, they’re just unfortunately small due to the small and thin Medicom bodies. The Woodrow Dollarhide sculpt is really good for an older Ford, but so are the HT TFA Han and the 2049 Deckard sculpts. Seems to be easier to sculpt old man Ford than the younger versions. Being biased though, I think the Jnix ANH Han sculpt is one of the best younger Ford sculpts.

Still looking for a painter, but I can tell you this medicom sculpt is just as big as any hot toys sculpt. (i redid the hair) It's also one of their bigger than normal figures.

IMO it is dead on harrison sculpt, even unpainted. Only problem is for indy you would need to sculpt the stubble and rework it for the hat. (i had to rework the hair for the han solo, because their hair sculpt was the thing holding it back bigtime, also the psycho stare paint job doesnt help at all)

https://www.sideshow.com/storage/product-images/901689/han-solo_star-wars_square.jpg <- original

Attachments

• han solo sculpt.jpg
    han solo sculpt.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 57
Still looking for a painter, but I can tell you this medicom sculpt is just as big as any hot toys sculpt. (i redid the hair) It's also one of their bigger than normal figures.

IMO it is dead on harrison sculpt, even unpainted. Only problem is for indy you would need to sculpt the stubble and rework it for the hat. (i had to rework the hair for the han solo, because their hair sculpt was the thing holding it back bigtime, also the psycho stare paint job doesnt help at all)

https://www.sideshow.com/storage/product-images/901689/han-solo_star-wars_square.jpg <- original
That sculpt looks great for RotJ version of Han.

Back