1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I look at this next to heises repaint the smears on the head that are not aligned with the wrinkles start to annoy me a littleView attachment 629073
Leaving the paint apps to one side. The rooted hair just brings the sculpt up to a whole other level.

Another reason that's holding me back from jumping on the single plastic haired version:cautious:

Had the deluxe been given an edition number, that would have made it worth the price alone. I don't know why they didn't do that. I can't imagine they made more than 600 of those.

Had the deluxe been given an edition number, that would have made it worth the price alone. I don't know why they didn't do that. I can't imagine they made more than 600 of those.

Probably more than 600 I'm assuming. Maybe Kit can verify of how many deluxe orders he begrudgingly has shipped and have yet to ship out. :ROFLMAO:

About the grenade rig. Yeah, I don't think I like that they're die-cast. They're overly heavy and the strings feel like regular sewing thread. So pretty thin. As soon as I took them out they kind spun and got tangled. Once I put the grenades in the coat they didn't really sit inside those little straps right. They really pulled them down and I wasn't digging the look. For me, die-cast is kinda neat to hold and feel but really not necessary aesthetically. Painting has gotten amazing at replicating the look of metal. When it comes to scaled down firearms I much prefer real wood ( when applicable) over die-cast. The look of real wood is harder to replicate I think.
I'm probably going to use my DX01 grenade rig due to the weight for the coat :lecture :mexwave:mexwave

So now that the fear of messing with a $1000 set has subsided a bit along with finally having a day of not working overtime, I'm really starting to enjoy this set more and more.

A couple notes as I started to work with both figures. Maybe other's have pointed them out already, but this thread moves so fast I may have missed them:
  • Hooray! I DON'T have 2 left arms on one of my bodies! I completely disrobed the figure and found that the screw for the hinge joint at the shoulder was so tight that it was preventing any real movement, causing the shoulder to stick out in an odd way. Took the plug out, slightly loosened the screw, and it's perfect now.
  • I used the 'ol superglue trick to tighten up the loose elbow joint and now the body can hold the submachine gun with no problems whatsoever. I definitely recommend this if you want to do other poses than just arms straight down with the metal weapons. I, fairly aggressively, shook the bent arm with gun in hand and it didn't flinch.
  • Only the body for the jail scene has the padded chest and only the body for the full purple coat look has the neck riser. I think both should have the padded chest and I think the neck riser is unnecessary, especially if you have the sculpted hair. However, the adhesive for the foam padding turned into goop! So, I removed the pads and the left over adhesive first, then applied my own super strong double-sided tape to the pads and it's good as new now.
  • Regarding the neck riser- Main reasons to remove this are: 1) the head makes a MUCH stronger connection with the magnet without the riser; 2) how the shirt collar sits looks more natural without the riser. Though, this could change once I pad the chest on the purple coat body.
  • Body is basically the equivalent of a Slim truetype with narrow shoulder truetype arms to my eyes. It's actually lightly painted even though the paint on the body doesn't actually match the pale skinetone of the seamless arms and headsculpt necks.
  • I used a small, soft paintbrush, some water and tweezers to really help out the hair on the jail sculpt. There's SO much product that the hair looked a little matted. Getting some water in there reactivates the product though, so you'll need to regularly wash the gunk out of your paintbrush and tweezers. Some loose hairs will come out but nothing major. End result looks a lot better and more like the proto in terms of shape/style.
  • After messing with the jail hair, I think the main thing that throws it off for me now is how dark the green is for that head. My "mob" headsculpt has a lighter green. So I think I will get some Angelus paint, water it way down and slowly lighten the hair on the jail sculpt when I get a chance to have more of the blonde come through like it was int he movie.
  • After completely disrobing both figures and putting them back together, I really think this is the way to go. Since I was nervous when I originally got the figure, I only got down to the shirt and pants. But, I think starting from scratch is the real way to go.
  • While I appreciate the magnetic base the more I work with it, I still don't feel secure enough with it. And, I don't like how the feet "twist" into their preferred position. Should've been a magnetized metal plate covering the whole of the base so you have more posing freedom rather than two actual magnets directly below the center. You do get a stronger connection though if you have the base with the bat logo facing front rather than the "The Dark Knight" text.
Final thoughts (for now)-much more happy with this set the more I work with it. Wasn't too thrilled during the first unboxing. But, each time I go back and make little discoveries and tweaks hear and there, I'm really starting to see more of what makes this set so nice. This doesn't change the fact that I would've preferred to not have to buy the super deluxe premium $1000 2 pack to get the rooted heads, though. I'm enjoying having 2 bodies for now, but still considering getting rid of the extra body and jail dio.

Last edited:
Hooray! I DON'T have 2 left arms on one of my bodies!
I thought you said there were two Ls marked on or something. But glad it is not a problem and maybe not one that we have to worry about.

Can you say more about this super glue trick?

So now that the fear of messing with a $1000 set has subsided a bit along with finally having a day of not working overtime, I'm really starting to enjoy this set more and more.

A couple notes as I started to work with both figures. Maybe other's have pointed them out already, but this thread moves so fast I may have missed them:
  • Hooray! I DON'T have 2 left arms on one of my bodies! I completely disrobed the figure and found that the screw for the hinge joint at the shoulder was so tight that it was preventing any real movement, causing the shoulder to stick out in an odd way. Took the plug out, slightly loosened the screw, and it's perfect now. I, fairly aggressively, shook the bent arm with gun in hand and it didn't flinch.
  • I used the 'ol superglue trick to tighten up the loose elbow joint and now the body can hold the submachine gun with no problems whatsoever. I definitely recommend this if you want to do other poses than just arms straight down with the metal weapons.
  • Only the body for the jail scene has the padded chest and only the body for the full purple coat look has the neck riser. I think both should have the padded chest and I think the neck riser is unnecessary, especially if you have the sculpted hair. However, the adhesive for the foam padding turned into goop! So, I removed the pads and the left over adhesive first, then applied my own super strong double-sided tape to the pads and it's good as new now.
  • Regarding the neck riser- Main reasons to remove this are: 1) the head makes a MUCH stronger connection with the magnet without the riser; 2) how the shirt collar sits looks more natural without the riser. Though, this could change once I pad the chest on the purple coat body.
  • Body is basically the equivalent of a Slim truetype with narrow shoulder truetype arms to my eyes. It's actually lightly painted even though the paint on the body doesn't actually match the pale skinetone of the seamless arms and headsculpt necks.
  • I used a small, soft paintbrush, some water and tweezers to really help out the hair on the jail sculpt. There's SO much product that the hair looked a little matted. Getting some water in there reactivates the product though, so you'll need to regularly wash the gunk out of your paintbrush and tweezers. Some loose hairs will come out but nothing major. End result looks a lot better and more like the proto in terms of shape/style.
  • After messing with the jail hair, I think the main thing that throws it off for me now is how dark the green is for that head. My "mob" headsculpt has a lighter green. So I think I will get some Angelus paint, water it way down and slowly lighten the hair on the jail sculpt when I get a chance to have more of the blonde come through like it was int he movie.
  • After completely disrobing both figures and putting them back together, I really think this is the way to go. Since I was nervous when I originally got the figure, I only got down to the shirt and pants. But, I think starting from scratch is the real way to go.
  • While I appreciate the magnetic base the more I work with it, I still don't feel secure enough with it. And, I don't like how the feet "twist" into their preferred position. Should've been a magnetized metal plate covering the whole of the base so you have more posing freedom rather than two actual magnets directly below the center. You do get a stronger connection though if you have the base with the bat logo facing front rather than the "The Dark Knight" text.
Final thoughts (for now)-much more happy with this set the more I work with it. Wasn't too thrilled during the first unboxing. But, each time I go back and make little discoveries and tweaks hear and there, I'm really starting to see more of what makes this set so nice. This doesn't change the fact that I would've preferred to not have to buy the super deluxe premium $1000 2 pack to get the rooted heads, though. I'm enjoying having 2 bodies for now, but still considering getting rid of the extra body and jail dio.
PHOTOS!
I want to see what a bit of water and brushing can do to the hair. It really is shockingly firm and loaded with product.
I like the sound of painting a more blonde tone into it as well so, look forward to seeing those results. It’s definitely something I’d consider doing myself.

I thought you said there were two Ls marked on or something. But glad it is not a problem and maybe not one that we have to worry about.

Can you say more about this super glue trick?
It turned out that it’s just 2 left magnetic nubs, not 2 whole left arms like I originally thought. I didn’t know b/c I hadn’t fully disrobed it to see the entire body previously. The two left nubs doesn’t really matter b/c the magnetic function still works as intended. The problem was the arm not sitting flush and instead sticking way out in an awkward position. From the elbow up, it’s a proper right arm. Just needed the screw at the hinge joint loosened as I mentioned.

As for the super glue trick- it’s an old trick to tighten loose joints. Just need to be careful as one drop into the joint usually does it. Just have to keep moving the joint back and forth as it dries, so that you don’t completely freeze the joint. There are a good amount of YouTube videos that can demonstrate better than I can explain.

Noticed on my coat the last button is loose the thread isn't knotted but it hasn't fallen off an easy fix with thread and needle but I wish these small issues weren't present. Also having a lot of fun with this figure I would definitley love to see what InArt does with Bale Batman and if they can top what HT has done with the Dx19 obviously the cowl and neck can be better same with the cape being the correct material.

PHOTOS!
I want to see what a bit of water and brushing can do to the hair. It really is shockingly firm and loaded with product.
I like the sound of painting a more blonde tone into it as well so, look forward to seeing those results. It’s definitely something I’d consider doing myself.
I will try but I really don’t take good pictures which is why I only ever post photos of the box when I receive something :LOL:

It wasn’t a quick process I can tell you that. Took about 45mins of using the brush to get the water into the hair, then using the tweezers to slowly pull the hair apart. Back and forth until I got it how I wanted it. Since the product gets reactivated with the water, the hair will get a “tacky” feeling until it dries, so I made sure to have the head held firmly on the canister post as I worked on it.

The thing I want to try is to get more waves and curls in the jail head. Does anybody know how I can style it to look closer to the one on the right even though the right is a complete rehair
Do I roll the hair strands on a toothpick or something?

Screenshot_2023-03-22-02-57-32-75_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

Noticed on my coat the last button is loose the thread isn't knotted but it hasn't fallen off an easy fix with thread and needle but I wish these small issues weren't present. Also having a lot of fun with this figure I would definitely love to see what InArt does with Bale Batman and if they can top what HT has done with the Dx19 obviously the cowl and neck can be better same with the cape being the correct material.
Yea I agree. The little things are a more annoying here than other figures b/c of the high cost. Especially when in that recent interview, John(?), the InArt rep, talked a lot about how solid their QC is.

And same RE: Bale Batman. If InArt can fix the things that customizers had to do for the DX19, it would be a win. And I feel like their Bale Bruce headsculpt would be better than the HT. Maybe not by much, but I have a feeling it'll edge it out.
The thing I want to try is to get more waves and curls in the jail head. Does anybody know how I can style it to look closer to the one on the right even though the right is a complete rehair
Do I roll the hair strands on a toothpick or something?

View attachment 629280
The product in the hair is really weighing it down. Working with it with water, soft bristle paint brush to work the water in, and then tweezers and toothpick for styling and “combing” some of the product out, will get you those results. The hair wants to naturally curl on its own once you start getting some of the product out.

Last edited:
Not the best pics by any means so please don’t be too harsh 😅 I’ll style more whenever I actually try to lighten up the hair, but this is the result after last night’s messing about and the hair now being dry. Tried to get as close to the styling of the proto as I could.

9C918F82-C49D-4A52-AAB2-F122698FA8F4.jpeg

87D29950-8F79-4AA4-ACE2-873BD37D6184.jpeg

1E5EB8C2-142C-4215-96F0-0A132F05C774.jpeg

CD4880C2-4FFC-4759-8B37-F3B4FC230B65.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anybody think its a good idea to use blu tac instead of foam to pad out the shoulders for example and then wrapping it with cling film? What do you think @Chopper Face

That looks soo much better. I would have thought that adding water would make it more flat and fall more
Thanks! And no, it really is that there is so much product in the hair. It’s almost like how some women with curly/wavy hair will straighten it then add some product to keep it straighten, but once they wash it out, their hair goes back to being wavy. Similar concept here. Once you “wash” out the hair some, it will naturally want to curl/wave. My jail headsculpt was similar to that “before” pic you posted prior to spending some time messing with the hair.

Back