1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks amazing. Both do in your pictures. I hope mine has more brown in the hair and arrives safe šŸ˜«šŸ˜«

My purple coat figureā€™s hair is mostly green, but the jail cell figure has a good bit of brown.

8AC64F49-5250-47E1-8B3D-2C660790E020.jpeg

The figures look fantastic, but the regular head sculpt does have some excess gloss around his left eye - almost as though heā€™s crying.

3CBB52B4-2C5B-4140-9E7B-8192AB4072B7.jpeg

0B1921FE-C7C5-4AAA-A1FB-B9BA7BE0E143.jpeg

Last edited:
That is a lot better! Perfect. Now the yes move separate. But is there a chance keeping them loose like this can cause them to not be stable?
They are pressed into the eye sockets pretty good. I pushed them in and they clicked into place, hopefully no issues moving forward. Unless I message kit and ask him to have InArt send a new one but I rather not destroy the sculpt. Lol

Can you get a wider range of movement with the eyes now with the device removed? That was one of my nits about the pers on this. I can't get the far side pose that I'd prefer. Curious if this would rectify it.
Also when you remove the device are the eyes attached? You said you had to pop them back in

The thing is, as dumb as it sounds given that they've included a big diorama, this figure clearly wasn't made with the jail outfit being the main focus, as that skinny body is clearly only there so that when he's got 4 layers of clothes on with the coat option (or 8 if you include folded over parts) it's clearly the only way to make it work with that much fabric sitting over it. It HAS to be a skinny body.

What they SHOULD have done for the two pack though was to provide a wider shouldered body for the shirt option, as you can see from your pics that each shoulder/arm should be pretty much the same width as the top section of his waistcoat next to it.

And it's just not. (And the head smaller too lol)
Yup I'm really surprised with all their attention to detail they didn't factor in how that other body would look without the coat on. Feels like that figure is almost a last minute add-on than something that was meant to work as it's own thing.

I took the plunge and delved into me deluxe set today. Only managed to get as far as modding and setting up the jail version which I spent around 3 hours playing with.

I feel the box requires an obligatory mention. As Iā€™ve bought a few massive statues in my time, this didnā€™t blow my mind but, for a pair of 1/6 figures, itā€™s definitely obscenely huge. I donā€™t mind it but, just for Kitā€™s sake, I think they shouldnā€™t do this again.
And yes, KGHobby absolutely covered the shipper in stamps.
C731691A-9A1D-4430-8508-BB65CB01B05E.jpeg

Thatā€™s Joker, Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike, Bo Katan and a Transformer.

First thing I did was check the diorama would fit in my cabinet and Iā€™m glad to say it does but I need to do some re-jigging before he finds a permanent home.

Almost had a heart attack when I pulled out the jail cell body and saw a left seamless arm on the right side but quickly noticed that both arms were placed on the opposite side. They say two wrongs donā€™t make a right but, in this instance, they are wrong.

ACEE5BDC-450F-49E8-AC31-221002E4FB51.jpeg

As anxious as I was about discovering any flaws (and Iā€™m not done checking all the parts yet,) I canā€™t deny that unpacking and seeing the first of the two heads in person for the first time did put a smile on my face. Genuinely, I just had big dumb grin on my face from how impressive the presentation was and, my God, that hair!

I can somewhat understand how people with the standard version could think ā€˜yeah, itā€™s a bit better than Hot Toys but they could probably top it if they triedā€™ - even though I find the tailoring and materials to be way better than what Iā€™m used to from HT - and it even impacts the way I approach futzing- but the rooted heads exist on a whole other plain of quality. Thatā€™s what I want from InArt and it does not disappoint one bit. HT are basically the superhero/Jedi/trooper company now so, I donā€™t have a character in regular-ish clothing for close reference.

The head is surely too big on this one but, since I padded out the body, itā€™s not jarringly so. Iā€™m obviously hyper aware of it from this thread so, if my mate notices when he sees it, Iā€™ll consider it a legit flaw but, until then, itā€™s more likely that we have scrutinised this figure so much that every tiny imperfection has been amplified in all of our eyes.

Even after all the criticisms, seeing dozens of picture and videos, Jokor is better than I expected.

So, I had been planning on padding up the jail cell body from the moment the first in hand pics came out. I didnā€™t know what Iā€™d use but I found some really thin foam like packaging stuff last night which is perfect.

38280208-ADDA-43AB-B28C-D9297616F8E3.jpeg

85099AAE-D7D8-4500-BCAB-3D21E5CB3517.jpeg

I lined his abs, beefed up his chest, shoulders, biceps, lats and back with the foam- secured with electrical tape- covered the hollow area around his neck, then wrapped clingfilm around it all and specifically around the elbow and knee joints in the hope that theyā€™d look more natural through the clothing in the sitting position. Lastly, I added a little extension made of paper to the ankles to reduce the odd, disjointed look through the socks. Gotta have those socks on show. I think the ideal way to do it would be to flare out the cover at the heel end but what Iā€™ve done is good enough.
15C76662-F484-4A98-BF93-A0A2A3436AD8.jpeg

Should have taken a decent pic of the figure in a museum pose once redressed to show how well he fills out the outfit now but I was too eager to get posing.

I did take a couple of quick, poor quality shots just shining a torch in a dark room but will do better later. I can tell Iā€™m going to be enjoying this one for a while.
Some figures look great from a distance but I want to be all up in this thingā€™s business to appreciate every detail.
5F2DF95C-9BE1-491A-8402-29A6274F8717.jpeg

3C50A97D-5CBE-4289-A74A-9719DB1C9ACC.jpeg

7FAA4DA4-1E70-448E-BFD0-50852461F9F6.jpeg

Gonna be several days till I can get to the jacket figure and need to mod that base too but, at the moment, this was worth the price.

Can you get a wider range of movement with the eyes now with the device removed? That was one of my nits about the pers on this. I can't get the far side pose that I'd prefer. Curious if this would rectify it.
Also when you remove the device are the eyes attached? You said you had to pop them back in
Yup it works like HT newer separate eyes. I removed them from the little device holding them which the joy stick attatches to from the inside. Once you take the eyes off it (I used plyers grabbing the shaft of the eyes) you can pop them back into the head.

@Chopper Face Iā€™ve been silently following all the complaints and internally debating whether or not I still wanted to commit to my order as it seemed like the overwhelmingly positive vibes of this thread became increasingly negative, but ****. That looks killer! I think people sometimes neglect how big Ledger was in that movie and in those scenes in particular.

Dude had shoulders like a linebacker and was really tall to boot, so, it kind of surprised me seeing all the complaints about how scrawny the prison cell version was and wondering why no one had attempted to just fill out the body and shoulders more. I doubt I could do anywhere near as good or as thorough a job if I wanted to, but dammit if that end result doesnā€™t make me want to try.

Also, random request for people with the figure, but Iā€™m seeing a lot of jail cell Joker posed sitting and I was curious: does anybody who has the figure also have the HT SWAT Gordon and is it possible to turn the diorama backward and recreate the handcuffs through the bars look where Joker was standing?

My purple coat figureā€™s hair is mostly green, but the jail cell figure has a good bit of brown.

View attachment 628949

The figures look fantastic, but the regular head sculpt does have some excess gloss around his left eye - almost as though heā€™s crying.

View attachment 628950

View attachment 628951
That looks amazing. I really can't tell if I should do what coco did or leave it, it might depend on the pose. But if I am going to redress him to get the head in and get the outfit to be as good as possible its not something I will want to go back and forth about

They are pressed into the eye sockets pretty good. I pushed them in and they clicked into place, hopefully no issues moving forward. Unless I message kit and ask him to have InArt send a new one but I rather not destroy the sculpt. Lol
I would be worried to apply pressure on the eyeballs
I took the plunge and delved into me deluxe set today. Only managed to get as far as modding and setting up the jail version which I spent around 3 hours playing with.

I feel the box requires an obligatory mention. As Iā€™ve bought a few massive statues in my time, this didnā€™t blow my mind but, for a pair of 1/6 figures, itā€™s definitely obscenely huge. I donā€™t mind it but, just for Kitā€™s sake, I think they shouldnā€™t do this again.
And yes, KGHobby absolutely covered the shipper in stamps.
View attachment 628972
Thatā€™s Joker, Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike, Bo Katan and a Transformer.

First thing I did was check the diorama would fit in my cabinet and Iā€™m glad to say it does but I need to do some re-jigging before he finds a permanent home.

Almost had a heart attack when I pulled out the jail cell body and saw a left seamless arm on the right side but quickly noticed that both arms were placed on the opposite side. They say two wrongs donā€™t make a right but, in this instance, they are wrong.

View attachment 628971

As anxious as I was about discovering any flaws (and Iā€™m not done checking all the parts yet,) I canā€™t deny that unpacking and seeing the first of the two heads in person for the first time did put a smile on my face. Genuinely, I just had big dumb grin on my face from how impressive the presentation was and, my God, that hair!

I can somewhat understand how people with the standard version could think ā€˜yeah, itā€™s a bit better than Hot Toys but they could probably top it if they triedā€™ - even though I find the tailoring and materials to be way better than what Iā€™m used to from HT - and it even impacts the way I approach futzing- but the rooted heads exist on a whole other plain of quality. Thatā€™s what I want from InArt and it does not disappoint one bit. HT are basically the superhero/Jedi/trooper company now so, I donā€™t have a character in regular-ish clothing for close reference.

The head is surely too big on this one but, since I padded out the body, itā€™s not jarringly so. Iā€™m obviously hyper aware of it from this thread so, if my mate notices when he sees it, Iā€™ll consider it a legit flaw but, until then, itā€™s more likely that we have scrutinised this figure so much that every tiny imperfection has been amplified in all of our eyes.

Even after all the criticisms, seeing dozens of picture and videos, Jokor is better than I expected.

So, I had been planning on padding up the jail cell body from the moment the first in hand pics came out. I didnā€™t know what Iā€™d use but I found some really thin foam like packaging stuff last night which is perfect.

View attachment 628973
View attachment 628974
I lined his abs, beefed up his chest, shoulders, biceps, lats and back with the foam- secured with electrical tape- covered the hollow area around his neck, then wrapped clingfilm around it all and specifically around the elbow and knee joints in the hope that theyā€™d look more natural through the clothing in the sitting position. Lastly, I added a little extension made of paper to the ankles to reduce the odd, disjointed look through the socks. Gotta have those socks on show. I think the ideal way to do it would be to flare out the cover at the heel end but what Iā€™ve done is good enough.
View attachment 628978

Should have taken a decent pic of the figure in a museum pose once redressed to show how well he fills out the outfit now but I was too eager to get posing.

I did take a couple of quick, poor quality shots just shining a torch in a dark room but will do better later. I can tell Iā€™m going to be enjoying this one for a while.
Some figures look great from a distance but I want to be all up in this thingā€™s business to appreciate every detail.
View attachment 628975
View attachment 628976
View attachment 628977

Gonna be several days till I can get to the jacket figure and need to mod that base too but, at the moment, this was worth the price.
Amazing work. I dont know if I am able to do as good of a job. I would think all that foam and stuff would hinder articulation but you know what your doing clearly. I will be using the jail cell figure as an experimentation before I get to the real meaty part of the package which is the jacket figure

Overall I'm happy I cancelled my pre-order. The purple coat version seems fine enough, really good even. But that jail cell version is just a dead weight it seems, as a result of that I could no way justify paying that much for a near identical body and face that hasn't had the attention it should have put into it. It should have had a seperate bulkier body, a different facial expression not as similar to the PC, correct facial proportions etc.

And that rooted PC should really have come as a single version. As it stands it seems sculpted single purple coat is the best version of this.

Hope Inart can learn from these mistakes.

Overall I'm happy I cancelled my pre-order. The purple coat version seems fine enough, really good even. But that jail cell version is just a dead weight it seems, as a result of that I could no way justify paying that much for a near identical body and face that hasn't had the attention it should have put into it. It should have had a seperate bulkier body, a different facial expression not as similar to the PC, correct facial proportions etc.

And that rooted PC should really have come as a single version.
As it stands it seems sculpted single purple coat is the best version of this.

Hope Inart can learn from these mistakes.
For the high price tad this set should have been as close to near perfection that a 1/6 scale mass produced figure can get.
And yes they really should have made the rooted-hair coat version available to those of us who only wanted the one figure:(

Not making a single rooted pack is an abject failure. It has been from the day the options were announced and continues to be. I donā€™t agree with any excuse about them wanting to make the rooted extremely limited, with Robert Pattinsonā€™s Batman they managed to make like 5 different options for collectors. The single rooted would have been a huge seller for them AND showcased the realism the way they wanted to. Of course they could be laughing to the bank because they got people to buy a two pack rooted instead, but I think they missed an opportunity to put their best version of the figure in as many peopleā€™s hands as possible.

Last edited:
I would be worried to apply pressure on the eyeballs

Amazing work. I dont know if I am able to do as good of a job. I would think all that foam and stuff would hinder articulation but you know what your doing clearly. I will be using the jail cell figure as an experimentation before I get to the real meaty part of the package which is the jacket figure
Thanks. It's not actually that restrictive at all or difficult.

The material i used is very thin and even stretches a teeny bit- plus, I cut it specifically to mimic the musculature i was covering and made sure to tape to the specific body panels that wouldn't hinder articluation. I could have gone way more indepth but, as I have no need to ever raise this Joker's arms all the way up, I just accounted for the artculation I required.

The knees and elbows still move perfectly as cling film also stretches.
I say go for it. It's not difficult, it just takes a little time and forethought. I do recomend the cling film cover afterward just so the clothing slides on easily and it's and added security to hold the padding in place.
@Chopper Face Iā€™ve been silently following all the complaints and internally debating whether or not I still wanted to commit to my order as it seemed like the overwhelmingly positive vibes of this thread became increasingly negative, but ****. That looks killer! I think people sometimes neglect how big Ledger was in that movie and in those scenes in particular.

Dude had shoulders like a linebacker and was really tall to boot, so, it kind of surprised me seeing all the complaints about how scrawny the prison cell version was and wondering why no one had attempted to just fill out the body and shoulders more. I doubt I could do anywhere near as good or as thorough a job if I wanted to, but dammit if that end result doesnā€™t make me want to try.

Wasn't ledger big into surfing too? I pretty much equated his build to a swimmer with my approach. I actually think a little butt and thingh padding would also be a good idea to accommodate the sitting pose even more.
The Jail Cell version definitely requires a bulkier body though. Hot Toys overuses fat suits and InArt neglected to use one that would have proven invaluable.
The little chest padding they added to the Jail cell version shows they were aware of the scrawniness; their solution simply didn't go nearly far enough to recify the problem.

Not making a single rooted pack is an abject failure. It has been from the day the options were announced and continues to be. I donā€™t agree with any excuse about them wanting to make the rooted extremely limited, with Robert Pattinsonā€™s Batman they managed to make like 5 different options for collectors. The single rooted would have been a huge seller for them AND showcased the realism the way they wanted to. Of course they could laughing to the bank because they got people to buy a two pack rooted instead, but I think they missed an opportunity to put their best version of the figure in as many peopleā€™s hands as possible.
I actually think the sales would have been better to them if they did the single rooted

I removed the back plate by unscrewing it. I removed the jointed panel holding the eyes and popped the eye back in like normal. This is how it looks afterView attachment 628941

This is exactly what I did with my DX08. I much prefer it. And it's quite easy to do for those that are interested. Just a few tiny screws and once that is off it's self explanatory.

These pictures make me think of the original Sideshow Vader from back in the day. Everyone was cutting sections out of the limbs to shorten the body and padding other areas out. Lots of tape, glue, and padding. This body reminds of the one I did. šŸ˜†

Good job on filling the body out though. I think I'm going to do something similar to mine of I end up keeping him. It's a bummer that the head is this oversized.

Back