1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I'd care about another Ledger after I get this set, even if it was perfect. Maybe in ten years but not now, time for something new.

Mars Toys is creating a buzz with DC fans I've not seen for ages with their Batman 66 and Burtonverse offerings. So much untapped potential with those lines. I noticed they teased Bond earlier to.

I too am interested in acquiring some of this foam but haven’t bothered googling for thin sheets of the stuff yet.

It’s a shame what’s happening with the heads being so hugemongous, seeing as one of InArt’s own selling points was the unique an accurate body proportions they’d be providing for each figure. Doesn’t matter how accurately the body and clothing is made if you go and slap an inflated head on top and throw off t he whole thing.

My deluxe is sitting in another room and I almost can’t be bothered to open it. There’s the anxiety of seeing the heads loose and damaged in their (un)protective jars or the likelihood of incorrect hands/arms, missing or loose magnets, the standard base needs modding to reposition the magnets, both figures need redressing and the jail cell body needs a ton of specific padding to combat the anorexia.

There’s just a lot of work to do once you decide to open the set that I can’t quite be bothered to deal with right now.

That is a sharp Jail Joker head. The paint looks thinner than many others I've seen. Maybe photography has a lot to do with how white the face looks.
yea, that's definitely contributing to it. In hand, you can see the subtleties of the varying degrees of how thick and thin the white paint is around the sculpt. It's not just one consistent layer. You can see a bit of flesh under the white if that makes sense? The smirking, interrogation sculpt is still more clean/white than I would prefer though.
For anyone still getting this guy, I’m curious: Are you still as hyped as you were when this was first unveiled? What are your thoughts on this figure now compared to how you felt then?

It still looks fantastic to me, and I still want to try and snag one after selling off some other things soon, but I can’t help but notice a dip in quality.

It blows any of Hot Toys attempts out of the water, and I’m sure for most that’s all it had to do.

It feels like the energy of this thread has definitely changed as more people have received theirs.
I will say that my excitement dipped from getting the invoice up until it arrived. And even when it arrived I wasn't at thrilled as I had hoped I would be. But now, after having had it for a little over a week, I'm thoroughly impressed of the overall quality and glad I got the rooted set. Does it blow HT quality out of the water? Yes and no. Yes, in terms of HT previous TDK Joker attempts, no in terms of the tight QC HT tends deliver time and time again as well nor the updated quality HT seems to be delivering since InArt came onto the scene. Looking at the nice tailoring, paint work, and moveable eyes of the recent DX23 Luke for example, I'd say HT can, if they wanted to, put out a comparable TDK Joker to compete with the sculpted 2 pack from InArt, but without the metal weapons and stupidly large box of course.
Think I'm more exhausted with the discourse and discussion with this figure than anything. :lol Still hyped for the figure and I just want Kit to ship my double rooted pack so I can finally have it on display. Some people are still flipping back and forth on "The figure looks great there!" and "Oh no the figure looks bad there.." on the daily when they see a bad photo.

Where's that circle chart someone made for this thread going through the stages of grief with this figure. Sums it up quite well.
Yes, I 100% agree. There seems to be a hunt for the worst pics on the internet to prove points of overly large heads, bad tailoring, wonky shoulders, etc. And they tend to be of ppl who didn't do any futzing whatsoever with their figure, especially when putting the heads on. You can tell just by how badly the collar is on some of those pics that ppl didn't bother adjusting the tie and shirt collar and, instead, just forced the head on body. Getting tired of "I found this ONE pic- and look at the size of the head, the paint, the shirt color, the clothing fit, etc. It looks awful! Idk about this anymore" type posts.
I am very excited but a lot of things have lowered my excitement like the size of the box and the extra costs and now the qc issues I mean look at this
Like someone pointed we have to deal with the problems of this ridiculous box that cant even do its job to protect the figure!

And like you said there is a noticeable dip in quality too even if the figure is still great
I agree about the box. I've said this since out first time seeing a peek at the hard foam trays that they were a bad idea and that the softer foam that HT uses with the DX figures would hold the figure and accessories better. Plus, how the box could've been at least half the size if they made it about the size of DX07 Luke box.

Aside from the QC issues, there is a dip in paint apps on the headsculpt, but I don't think it's as drastic as many bad pictures that have been posted suggest. I think the real stinger is that we were sort of promised this very custom looking paint job, and well we got a factory paint job instead :lol
No I don't mean they could beat rooted hair, but just that all the other things would make up for it. Obviously they've yet to make a better Joker, but they've made plenty of other incredible figures and I hardly ever see issues with oversized heads or funky proportions on those. And when I compare this Inart Joker with some of the other 200+ figures I own, it doesn't jump out as being massively better or higher quality than those.
I think I would agree if I had the sculpted version. But having the rooted, there does, at least for me, have this higher quality vibe to it. When I finally had a chance to really appreciate the hair work, I could understand why ppl pay to have that done to their figures. For many, this is their first, truly, well rooted headsculpt and that is enough to set it apart from any HT figure before. It may be different for you, though, since you're very a talented customizer and futzer. For me personally, I actually don't even want to put this next to the DX19. I thought that once I had the InArt Joker in hand, it would make me want to keep the DX19. Instead, I'm even more eager to see what InArt will do for the TDK suit Batman.
I don't think I'd care about another Ledger after I get this set, even if it was perfect. Maybe in ten years but not now, time for something new.

Mars Toys is creating a buzz with DC fans I've not seen for ages with their Batman 66 and Burtonverse offerings. So much untapped potential with those lines. I noticed they teased Bond earlier to.
Agreed! I can't see myself wanting another Ledger Joker. If/when HT makes one, I might be interested in parts from it to add to this figure, but I can't see myself buying a whole new one after spending so much on this set. If a HT version truly impressed me enough to even consider it, I would just sell this entire set except for the heads :lol

But yea, MarsToys is who really has my attention right now for DC.

EDIT: nevermind, just saw the thread! very excited for those. And did they mention Bond?! Their tailoring is good enough that it would save me from going the custom route :lol

Last edited:
I too am interested in acquiring some of this foam but haven’t bothered googling for thin sheets of the stuff yet.
Can I ask what kind of adhesive backed foam that is, or where your purchased it from? Looks really useful for body padding.
It just the cheap foam sheets found in any craft aisle. I got mine from Walmart for $0.34. While mine is non-adhesive they do make adhesive versions of it.

All this InArt Joker talk. I agree the Purple Coat look is my preferred of the set. I knew this the moment the figure was revealed so I went halfsies on the set with my cousin, who thankfully wanted the Jail Cell Joker and Diorama (he did pay more for the diorama). I then took my DX11 and converted him into my secondary display of the interrogation scene. Which imo is a more iconic scene than the "Clapping Scene" I just now was able to swap the forearms for seemless ones. I will still need to add the white paint rub on the hands but overall with the seemless arms and real hair added he still holds his own extremely well. I'm happy to have both.
FB_IMG_1679188016365.jpg
FB_IMG_1679188019130.jpg
FB_IMG_1679188021978.jpg
FB_IMG_1679188028712.jpg
FB_IMG_1679187940428.jpg
FB_IMG_1679188030936.jpg
FB_IMG_1679188033643.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s a shot with the neck extension removed so that the noggin sits lower.

I actually think it looks more accurate to where Heath’s jawline was in relation to the jacket lapels from some screen grabs I’ve been looking at.

View attachment 628842
That does look good coco. Was it difficult to remove the extension? and by extension I am assuming your talking about the flat riser

That does look good coco. Was it difficult to remove the extension? and by extension I am assuming your talking about the flat riser
Yeah, it’s just a flat riser, about 3/32 thick. I used the pick end of a pen cap to pry it up enough to get a hold of it. Pretty easy to remove and I think it makes a world of difference posing.

A5A10780-07A3-4316-9A40-8A2EFBD199D2.jpeg

044E1119-77A9-4099-8020-DB3466B6DBB0.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, it’s just a flat riser, about 3/32 thick. I used the pick end of a pen cap to pry it up enough to get a hold of it. Pretty easy to remove and I think it makes a world of difference posing.

View attachment 628852

View attachment 628854
Yeah I will probably do the same now that I'm comparing it to photos with the riser on. Also in these photos the head looks very well proportioned to me. The head issue only comes across for the jail figure without the extra layers of clothes

Yeah I will probably do the same now that I'm comparing it to photos with the riser on. Also in these photos the head looks very well proportioned to me. The head issue only comes across for the jail figure without the extra layers of clothes
I think it helps the proportions too.

Wouldn't making the neck (and therefore the overall height) shorter make the head look even bigger compared to the total figure height? I was considering trying to do the opposite and make him taller to help with proportions 🤔😄

Wouldn't making the neck (and therefore the overall height) shorter make the head look even bigger compared to the total figure height? I was considering trying to do the opposite and make him taller to help with proportions 🤔😄
Proportions are proportional

Here’s a shot with the neck extension removed so that the noggin sits lower.

I actually think it looks more accurate to where Heath’s jawline was in relation to the jacket lapels from some screen grabs I’ve been looking at.

View attachment 628842

I wonder how that extender would sit on the jail cell very height might help.

I’m using reverse psychology on all y’all, Darren. 😄

For anyone still getting this guy, I’m curious: Are you still as hyped as you were when this was first unveiled? What are your thoughts on this figure now compared to how you felt then?

It still looks fantastic to me, and I still want to try and snag one after selling off some other things soon, but I can’t help but notice a dip in quality.

It blows any of Hot Toys attempts out of the water, and I’m sure for most that’s all it had to do.

It feels like the energy of this thread has definitely changed as more people have received theirs.
I'm every bit as excited as the day I ordered it. I try not to listen to the trolls and knit-pickers out there while waiting for a figure to arrive - when I have it in hand, I'll make my own decision on whether I like it or not. I suspect that many of the people picking on every little thing are just trying to make themselves feel better - either because they spent a lot of money on a custom or an original HT version and don't want to admit to themselves that the InArt version is superior, or because they missed their chance to PO one (or had their PO canceled), or because they simply like to complain about things. For myself, the figure looks so much better than any other Joker I've seen that I suspect I will be very happy with it.

I think I would agree if I had the sculpted version. But having the rooted, there does, at least for me, have this higher quality vibe to it. When I finally had a chance to really appreciate the hair work, I could understand why ppl pay to have that done to their figures.

But yea, MarsToys is who really has my attention right now for DC.

I agree on the rooted hair. I can't think of another licensed, widely produced figure with this quality of rooted hair. Hot Toys hair choice and application is really bad when they do it. Yet they have the talent and resources to not make it bad.

We're also in agreement with Mars Toys. I'm hyped for that '89 Mob Joker. I hope those sculpts come out close to looking that good!

I feel like Hot Toys could up their game and hire on someone to do better rooted hair. I’m wondering if they’ve made the determination that the higher price point for doing so wouldn’t be worth it for the demographic they sell to.

Hot Toys are already niche products and I feel like a company like InArt coming along while cool is a niche of a niche in terms of who’s actually going to buy the products.

Back