1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine in and dam this is one hell of a set. The hair I see what people mean it's got a lot of product. Slowly going through but dam the sculpts and details are mind blowing.

My only gripe is the annoying cuffs and magnets not being strong on hands.
PXL_20230317_151626359.MP.jpg
PXL_20230317_151139311.MP.jpg

Last edited:
I wholeheartedly agree about the diecast accessories. Not necessary and they become too heavy for normal display most of the time.
I haven’t tried installing them yet but I can imagine multiple pieces of metal will really weigh the coat down.

Yeah. As a company ya gotta ask "why are we doing this?" And I think its maybe a popular feature for people that feel it makes these accessories for "realistic". But it's not always useful on a practical level. I feel plastic would have been more practical and just as realistic looking. I appreciate this is a selling point for some, but it really never has been for me. I DO like real wood on, say, various WWII 1/6 rifles. Like the M1 Garand or something.

At the very least I think the grenades should have been plastic, even if all the other accessories were diecast.

Just got mine in and dam this is one hell of a set. The hair I see what people mean it's got a lot of product. Slowly going through but dam the sculpts and details are mind blowing.
View attachment 628565

That is a sharp Jail Joker head. The paint looks thinner than many others I've seen. Maybe photography has a lot to do with how white the face looks.

Finally paid off my deluxe. This thing has been looming over my mind like a shadow for the entirety of the past year. I want to say a weight has been lifted but the QC issues that are emerging are causing me panic.

Yeah. As a company ya gotta ask "why are we doing this?" And I think its maybe a popular feature for people that feel it makes these accessories for "realistic". But it's not always useful on a practical level. I feel plastic would have been more practical and just as realistic looking. I appreciate this is a selling point for some, but it really never has been for me. I DO like real wood on, say, various WWII 1/6 rifles. Like the M1 Garand or something.

At the very least I think the grenades should have been plastic, even if all the other accessories were diecast.
Diecast is often just an unnecessary selling point. HT have done plenty of convincing metallic painting on plastic accessories.

Fingers crossed the latter batches have less QC issues. I’m always back of the queue anyway and I don’t mind waiting.

Diecast is often just an unnecessary selling point. HT have done plenty of convincing metallic painting on plastic accessories.

Fingers crossed the latter batches have less QC issues. I’m always back of the queue anyway and I don’t mind waiting.
I agree. It's not only an unnecessary selling point but there's a ton of collectors who equate weight of something to premium quality and no better way of adding weight and cost than to make stuff out of diecast. Even in this thread, when InArt mentioned that the guns were diecast, there was a ton of "ooos and ahhs" from ppl who were excited that the weapons were finally made of diecast. Ppl forget that to handle diecast weapons, you need a body with extremely tight joints in the arms and wrist. Diecast is also easier to chip the paint on than regular plastic.

I mean, even Endgame Thor comes with special wrist-joints to handle the larger Stormbreaker and that's not even a diecast weapon.

I agree. It's not only an unnecessary selling point but there's a ton of collectors who equate weight of something to premium quality and no better way of adding weight and cost than to make stuff out of diecast. Even in this thread, when InArt mentioned that the guns were diecast, there was a ton of "ooos and ahhs" from ppl who were excited that the weapons were finally made of diecast. Ppl forget that to handle diecast weapons, you need a body with extremely tight joints in the arms and wrist. Diecast is also easier to chip the paint on than regular plastic.

I mean, even Endgame Thor comes with special wrist-joints to handle the larger Stormbreaker and that's not even a diecast weapon.
Yep. I’ve got a couple of diecast firearms, and they tend to fall out of the hands.

Yep. I’ve got a couple of diecast firearms, and they tend to fall out of the hands.
Yea, similarly I have some from DiD and both the ammo drum and magazine options on my thompson submachine gun tend to fall out from the weight if pose the figure in a shooting position. I do really like the use of real wood though. I'd prefer the real wood elements over the diecast parts if I had to choose.

With the HT RoboCop figures you got the best of both worlds with both plastic and diecast Auto-9’s.

But the plastic still didn’t sit quite right in those interminable fingers of his.

About the grenade rig. Yeah, I don't think I like that they're die-cast. They're overly heavy and the strings feel like regular sewing thread. So pretty thin. As soon as I took them out they kind spun and got tangled. Once I put the grenades in the coat they didn't really sit inside those little straps right. They really pulled them down and I wasn't digging the look. For me, die-cast is kinda neat to hold and feel but really not necessary aesthetically. Painting has gotten amazing at replicating the look of metal. When it comes to scaled down firearms I much prefer real wood ( when applicable) over die-cast. The look of real wood is harder to replicate I think.

Completely agree with you. As I was putting the grenades into the coat one of them came off the thread. The die-cast grenades are way too heavy for the thin piece of thread their attached too. Wish me luck trying to thread this thin piece of string through the pin to create a knot

Attachments

• BBB93998-DA2A-4E60-8148-3DE3EA4CE2AC.jpeg
    BBB93998-DA2A-4E60-8148-3DE3EA4CE2AC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
It's probably already attached and in the neck peg. I'm not seeing short necks in anyone's pictures.
That's what I'm thinking. The neck "riser" in the video looks like the piece that's already glued inside the head. The head doesn't seem to sit low on the body when attached

Back