1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hands look extremely plastic looking here…
It's just a bad photo. Those hands are painted really well in person and look pretty realistic.
I'll take a look at it again but on hand, the head doesn't look big in proportion to the body.
yea, I agree. The head size doesn't look too big or out of proportion as some photos suggest.

I know ppl tend to hate the "it looks better in person" argument, but idk what else to say b/c it really does. No offense to anyone who's posted pics b/c I can't take a good picture of my figures to save my life. But, now that I actually have the figure in hand, I don't think any of the photos really do it justice. Even the best ones that make the figure look quite good still don't compare to the in-hand feel and look.

Yeah something definitely got changed from the proto, as there was no hint at all of the proportions being off on those, even on the jail scene version without the bulky coat. Either they shrunk the bodies or ballooned up the heads for some bizarre reason (perhaps to better fit the eye mechanism inside?).

Just really hoping now they don't do the same thing with Batman and Aragorn...

View attachment 628265

View attachment 628267

I'll take a look at it again but on hand, the head doesn't look big in proportion to the body. I did notice though when taking a photo with my phone, the head was magnified and quite hard to capture a good angle. The jacket and coat seems heavily padded at the shoulder and upper back from what I recall. I do wonder if the body had less spaces on the shoulder joints and the padding reduced on the jacket and coat, will it still retain the nice silhouette of the coat version. Maybe they should have used two different bodies for the jail cell and coat version?
Is it possible that some batches are bigger then others?

well, like everything else, we all see things differently. I guess good on me and anyone else who doesn't think the head is oversized. Sucks for those that see an out of proportion noggin though :LOL:

Last edited:
I would suggest that the slouched position of the head -- leaning forward -- might impact the macro lens in that the face is closer to the lens... and at this scale, millimeters matter.

I understand this doesn't explain any profile pictures where the head may look large... but I haven't seen those yet.

It's just a bad photo. Those hands are painted really well in person and look pretty realistic.

yea, I agree. The head size doesn't look too big or out of proportion as some photos suggest.

I know ppl tend to hate the "it looks better in person" argument, but idk what else to say b/c it really does. No offense to anyone who's posted pics b/c I can't take a good picture of my figures to save my life. But, now that I actually have the figure in hand, I don't think any of the photos really do it justice. Even the best ones that make the figure look quite good still don't compare to the in-hand feel and look.
Thats nice to hear

Yeah something definitely got changed from the proto, as there was no hint at all of the proportions being off on those, even on the jail scene version without the bulky coat. Either they shrunk the bodies or ballooned up the heads for some bizarre reason (perhaps to better fit the eye mechanism inside?).

Just really hoping now they don't do the same thing with Batman and Aragorn...

View attachment 628265

View attachment 628267
I forgot how good the prototype looked. It’s a pretty drastic drop from what I’ve seen. Don’t get me wrong - it’s still a great looking figure, but… Man.

Posing and futzing with the clothes makes a huge difference. Side by side with the prototype, the head is slightly oversized but it looks worse in pictures than it does in hand. The shoulders are a bit too slim and could use some padding but again, futzing with the clothes do help.

Attachments

• IMG_20230315_191551.jpg
    IMG_20230315_191551.jpg
    911.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_2023-03-15-19-21-26-35_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-15-19-21-26-35_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Posing and fussing with the clothes makes a huge difference. Side by side with the prototype, the head is slightly oversized but it looks worse in pictures than it does in hand. The shoulders are a bit too slim and could use some padding but again, fussing with the clothes do help.
The head does look pretty gigantic compared to the proto. Seems like you also took your shot with a downward tilt which won’t do any favours for it.

The prototype pictures look amazing, a lot of the photos I've seen the traps/shoulder area look very puffy for the jail cell figure
Prototype it looks very crisp and slopes naturally

I wonder why Inart increased the size man that proto is solid but final. 🤦

Mines being delayed so just a waiting game. I wonder if the magnetic arms pop out like normal bodies for body swap.

Darn, just discovered they didn't give him a left grasping hand so you can have him holding the machine gun with both hands. Not the biggest deal in the world but it is a pose I was wanting to put him in.

Darn, just discovered they didn't give him a left grasping hand so you can have him holding the machine gun with both hands. Not the biggest deal in the world but it is a pose I was wanting to put him in.
They skimped on the hands like hot toys do

Posing and fussing with the clothes makes a huge difference. Side by side with the prototype, the head is slightly oversized but it looks worse in pictures than it does in hand. The shoulders are a bit too slim and could use some padding but again, fussing with the clothes do help.
It's also really not that different depending on how the photo is taken, angle of the sculpt, futzing, etc in comparison to the prototype.

This is with the production non-jail cell sculpt but yeah it's really not that far off. Some photos and presentation of it is definitely making it worse than it is. It is a tiny bit oversized but not as drastic as some terrible photos are making it out to be.

1AwRT6a.png

Last edited:
It's also really not that different depending on how the photo is taken, angle of the sculpt, futzing, etc in comparison to the prototype.

This is with the production non-jail cell sculpt but yeah it's really not that far off. Some photos and presentation of it is definitely making it worse than it is. It is a tiny bit oversized but not as drastic as some terrible photos are making it out to be.

1AwRT6a.png
I cant judge anything until I have it. I decided that I will redress the figure from scratch. But I am worried about the tie. I might not know how to get it back. I do not even know how to tie a real one

Back