1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All these recent posts want me to cancel my few pre-orders at ToysWonderland....but part of me is worried they are gonna fight it or not, or just be a pain in the a** about it.

To cancel do you just use their cancelation portal/survey link they have on their cancelation policy page?
I would hold off on any cancellations for now. With this being a super high priority release I see them actually taking it seriously with getting their stock in and not just winging it. But just play it cautiously. Even if you cancel now there's not any great outlets to get him until (hopefully) some excess stock hits the market.

Edit: I just saw you have other preorders with them, if they're Hot Toys you should be fine. Other releases... Maybe see what other options there are while you still can. Their cancellation policy isn't clear, most of the time they only give store credit back, but other times if you threaten them with a charge back they'll refund you. They are in a lot of hot water with Paypal (surprise!) so they try to play it safe.

Last edited:
This is what I fear most. Comic Santorum is selling Toys Era Vulture for $133 shipped... but I just have a feeling if I were to buy it, it would be a return item. Consequently, I haven't ordered it. But its a damn good price.
Why is it bad if its a return? Good price

Why is it bad if its a return? Good price

If its broken in some way that isn't easily discernible at first. Or missing pieces.

Also, return shipping's on me, right? There's going to be a cost to return it for any reason. Or I keep a half-priced broken figure -- and it will always bug me.

If I don't want it at full price, why would I want a broken one at half-price? To me, that's even more dumb.

All these recent posts want me to cancel my few pre-orders at ToysWonderland....but part of me is worried they are gonna fight it or not, or just be a pain in the a** about it.
To cancel do you just use their cancelation portal/survey link they have on their cancelation policy page?
If they are InArt and Hot Toys I don't think you'll have any problem. Received dozens of figures from them over the last 3 years without issue. Only heard of them cancelling orders for some 3rd party figures.

I don't mean to make any excuses for TW, but the difference in the refund he received may simply be the exchange rate fluctuating since the time of the original purchase. That is to say, he may have been refunded the correct amount in HKD.

Just speculating, though. He would know better than me.
After looking through it seems I got the same amount back in HKD. I guess this means the exchange rate changed. I received USD back. I’m wondering what is fair here. The Joker cancellation might be on me in some regards, although I cancelled well within the 30 days, but the lost package in the mail seems like they should make up the difference? What do you all think? Worst part is I have a lot more pre-orders that have gone outside the window and I wouldn’t want to get screwed on the exchange rate again anyway. I also have Comic Sanctorum pre-orders and items already shipped that have not much info on where they are. Anyway, I must say Justin is a bit of this problem. As a slightly new collector I watch his videos trusting that these sites are good, and the prices are amazing. I guess the old saying if it’s too good to be true. Anyway if I ever get any of my orders I will post, but I’m not holding my breath.

After looking through it seems I got the same amount back in HKD. I guess this means the exchange rate changed. I received USD back. I’m wondering what is fair here. The Joker cancellation might be on me in some regards, although I cancelled well within the 30 days, but the lost package in the mail seems like they should make up the difference? What do you all think? Worst part is I have a lot more pre-orders that have gone outside the window and I wouldn’t want to get screwed on the exchange rate again anyway. I also have Comic Sanctorum pre-orders and items already shipped that have not much info on where they are. Anyway, I must say Justin is a bit of this problem. As a slightly new collector I watch his videos trusting that these sites are good, and the prices are amazing. I guess the old saying if it’s too good to be true. Anyway if I ever get any of my orders I will post, but I’m not holding my breath.
It's tough, but their money is HKD, so even though I think this retailer is terrible, I don't think that's their fault. They can't control the exchange rate.

Yeah, that's your credit card using the current exchange rate since the transaction was in HKD.

That's not the responsibility of the merchant.

All these repaints have either been super minimal in change from the stock or just worse. Kind of crazy.

People are probably paying $300-$500+ to get this service as well.
Agreed. It's a big testament to InArt's production team, the factory they're using and/or whoever is overseeing QC.

None of the custom work I've seen on the InArt Joker so far has warranted spending even more money on the set to get that minimal change.

That pic (And others before it) proves what all of us have been saying for so long:

no matter the quality of a ledger joker figure, it can never satisfy EVERYONE. He is without a shadow of a doubt, the one figure that has received the MOST scrutiny, custom sculpts, mods, repaints...just about everything one can do to a figure, you name it, ledgers joker has gone through it. Has anyone ever paid thousands for a pair of socks for another figure??? Tony stark? Bruce Wayne? Has anyone paid thousands for 1/6 jeans for a jack Torrance from the shining??

Just as Hologram and goblin said, all that work and the differences are MINIMAL. It’s not even a “day and night” difference. It’s like “day and later that day”.

HT can literally make their ledger joker with silicone skin, real human hair, eyes made of soft gel, and a “oh snap their sculpt is better than InArts” portrait...someone out there is going to rehair it, and repaint it, because it doesn’t capture what joker looks like in the 1hr 45min mark.

Man people need to chill the hell out. For once, just try and be content. Currently this is the best ‘mass’ produced joker figure. Just try and enjoy it for what it is.

I swear, Somewhere out there someone is in the process of sculpting EVERY face ledger made in the film. 1 frame after another, these nut jobs with a **** on for ledger is sculpting every second of every frame, cuz yknow...his lips moved slightly up from the previous frame.

Good lord...

Legit this will be the one and only 1/6 ledger joker for me as it’ll be an upgrade from bank robber and DX01.

If InArt produces a 1/4, yeah I’ll get it too because it’s a larger figure and I love larger figures.

But if HT or some other up and coming 1/6 company makes another joker...I don’t care if it looks “OH MY FRIGGIN GOD ITS AMAZING LOOK AT THE SKIN TEXTURE AND THE HAIR AND LOOK AT THE-“

-nah, I’m content.

Some people need to learn to be content as well.

Last edited:
That pic (And others before it) proves what all of us have been saying for so long:

no matter the quality of a ledger joker figure, it can never satisfy EVERYONE. He is without a shadow of a doubt, the one figure that has received the MOST scrutiny, custom sculpts, mods, repaints...just about everything one can do to a figure, you name it, ledgers joker has gone through it. Has anyone ever paid thousands for a pair of socks for another figure??? Tony stark? Bruce Wayne? Has anyone paid thousands for 1/6 jeans for a jack Torrance from the shining??

Just as Hologram and goblin said, all that work and the differences are MINIMAL. It’s not even a “day and night” difference. It’s like “day and later that day”.

HT can literally make their ledger joker with silicone skin, real human hair, eyes made of soft gel, and a “oh snap their sculpt is better than InArts” portrait...someone out there is going to rehair it, and repaint it, because it doesn’t capture what joker looks like in the 1hr 45min mark.

Man people need to chill the hell out. For once, just try and be content. Currently this is the best ‘mass’ produced joker figure. Just try and enjoy it for what it is.

I swear, Somewhere out there someone is in the process of sculpting EVERY face ledger made in the film. 1 frame after another, these nut jobs with a **** on for ledger is sculpting every second of every frame, cuz yknow...his lips moved slightly up from the previous frame.

Good lord...

Legit this will be the one and only 1/6 ledger joker for me as it’ll be an upgrade from bank robber and DX01.

If InArt produces a 1/4, yeah I’ll get it too because it’s a larger figure and I love larger figures.

But if HT or some other up and coming 1/6 company makes another joker...I don’t care if it looks “OH MY FRIGGIN GOD ITS AMAZING LOOK AT THE SKIN TEXTURE AND THE HAIR AND LOOK AT THE-“

-nah, I’m content.

Some people need to learn to be content as well.
Say what you really mean.

Would love it if this thread could resist devolving into copious posts of custom head sculpts, rooting, and paint jobs like the DX11 thread. Maybe just me though…
Agreed. But there will always be someone who will feel the need to post a custom they found on social media and say something like “idk guys, this looks better than InArt’s to me.” Then, we’ll have the same conversation all over again with other ppl chiming in on what sculptor/painter/tailor combo they think is their best/ideal version, etc., etc.

It never fails when it comes to Ledger Joker

Agreed. But there will always be someone who will feel the need to post a custom they found on social media and say something like “idk guys, this looks better than InArt’s to me.” Then, we’ll have the same conversation all over again with other ppl chiming in on what sculptor/painter/tailor combo they think is their best/ideal version, etc., etc.

It never fails when it comes to Ledger Joker
Agreed too. It’s as if some people forget Inart Joker is a mass produced figure.

I think that if collectors want to burn money on all these customs then that’s up to them. It’s got nothing to do with other people, but if they post pictures, everyone has a right to comment with their opinions.

Still think it’s a massive testament to Ledger and his legacy as an actor that so many people are still passionate about this character 14-15 years later.

idk guys, this looks better than InArt's to me.
s-l1600.jpg

Back