1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m going to retract my statement about these foot positions not being stable on the InArt stand. This ended up being just fine as far as holding a pose goes. I do wish they had put a small magnet in the heel. It would have helped keep him from rocking forward like he has a tendency to do.

952FF295-FB3E-4987-B75E-EA4CD401FB9D.jpeg

170B0CC9-9669-4A61-A131-89921AED1235.jpeg

Interesting. Can you share more of the process like how the padding looks under if you have the chance to undress him again?
This is before I trimmed down the pieces, but it's the only photo I took unfortunately. The chest padding was already there.

Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 11.20.13 PM.png

And this is what he currently looks like. I'm deciding if I need to change and/or add anything.

Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 11.19.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 11.19.03 PM.png

Looking good, Sabrina.

Do the shoulders push in at all?

I'm also wondering if the padding is needed all the way to the neck -- which raises the vest too high on the collar. The only place the padding is truly needed is the shoulder portion that sticks out from the vest. Perhaps a thinner foam layer -- or remove part of the foam around the neckline where the vest sits.

Looking good, Sabrina.

Do the shoulders push in at all?

I'm also wondering if the padding is needed all the way to the neck -- which raises the vest too high on the collar. The only place the padding is truly needed is the shoulder portion that sticks out from the vest. Perhaps a thinner foam layer -- or remove part of the foam around the neckline where the vest sits.
Do you mean push into the neck area? Like so they don't look as wide?

Hmmm, I kinda wanted the padding all the way to the collar to prevent the shirt from falling into the gap between the shoulders and neck. I did poof up the vest a bit, but I wonder if I can pull the vest down so it's not so high? Edit: Just tried and the vest doesn't pull down much if at all. Hmmm...

I kinda wanted the padding all the way to the collar to prevent the shirt from falling into the gap between the shoulders and neck.

Ah, that makes sense. I don't have this in hand so its hard to know where the issue is.

Macro shots are really unfair because just the thickness of the vest itself gets amplified. Perhaps some light water treatment on the shoulder tops will help flatten everything out?

Ah, that makes sense. I don't have this in hand so its hard to know where the issue is.

Macro shots are really unfair because just the thickness of the vest itself gets amplified. Perhaps some light water treatment on the shoulder tops will help flatten everything out?
I was thinking about that. Is water the best way to get the vest to sit flat? We will have to see

I'll have to give the water treatment a try to get it to flatten the vest a bit. I'll keep experimenting for now.

Here's a non-closeup. I did futz the left shoulder a bit after this shot to make it sit nicer.

_MG_2937.jpg

Jail Dio can fit in an unmodified detolf. All you gotta do is put it on the bottom shelf and move the shelf above as far forward as possible. Then slide the dio in between that gap and you’re good to go

Thanks for the tip. You can also do it on the 2nd or 3rd shelf using the same strategy you mentioned above.

Attachments

• FCA1B13A-6785-4ADE-B5B5-0DA2F335C656.jpeg
    FCA1B13A-6785-4ADE-B5B5-0DA2F335C656.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I think it's the upper shoulders that need to be padded in order to line up with slope of the vest. Because padding the clavicle/traps area end up making the vest look like it's floating above the shoulder line.

Heads banging around during shipping. So the key is to minimize travel time as much as possible.

Such a fancy container and it seems mostly useless. Although, I suppose we've only heard about one "nose rub" so far.
Honestly they put so much hairspray on those heads there's probably no need to even ship them in separate containers. Other than to make them seem more fancy and "premium" of course.

Nothing screams "premium" like a head fallen off its post.
Yeah, they send this figure in a box the size of Kansas and for the part that needs protection the most they don't properly think it through. :slap If you leave space for the heads to move into, odds are they'll find a way to do so. They should have just put the heads in smaller, foam-filled boxes like ByArt (& I think MaxNut) does. The hair will be fine given all the product applied, and the face paint won't rub off if there's no room for the head to move about.

About the grenade rig. Yeah, I don't think I like that they're die-cast. They're overly heavy and the strings feel like regular sewing thread. So pretty thin. As soon as I took them out they kind spun and got tangled. Once I put the grenades in the coat they didn't really sit inside those little straps right. They really pulled them down and I wasn't digging the look. For me, die-cast is kinda neat to hold and feel but really not necessary aesthetically. Painting has gotten amazing at replicating the look of metal. When it comes to scaled down firearms I much prefer real wood ( when applicable) over die-cast. The look of real wood is harder to replicate I think.

About the grenade rig. Yeah, I don't think I like that they're die-cast. They're overly heavy and the strings feel like regular sewing thread. So pretty thin. As soon as I took them out they kind spun and got tangled. Once I put the grenades in the coat they didn't really sit inside those little straps right. They really pulled them down and I wasn't digging the look. For me, die-cast is kinda neat to hold and feel but really not necessary aesthetically. Painting has gotten amazing at replicating the look of metal. When it comes to scaled down firearms I much prefer real wood ( when applicable) over die-cast. The look of real wood is harder to replicate I think.
I wholeheartedly agree about the diecast accessories. Not necessary and they become too heavy for normal display most of the time.
I haven’t tried installing them yet but I can imagine multiple pieces of metal will really weigh the coat down.

Back