1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks amazing! I was a little nervous (as I think many of us were) about whether or not they'd be able to follow through and it's looking pretty great so far as production versions go. Oddly enough, I'm soooo happy to see the suspenders. A lot of the third party and even some custom clothing (I believe) has left those off, so definitely happy to see those included here.

Oh yeah - this looks fricking good.
The eyes are a perhaps a touch sunken looking atm - not sure if its this specific sculpt or the angle plus the dark eye shadow, but it doesn't look bad or unnatural by any means, if anything it makes him look a little more sinister.
The hair looks great - honestly these pics have alleviated a lot of my concerns.
Hype train going full steam ahead baby!

Wow I'm really impressed by those production heads, my first thought was also that it looked better than the prototype. If this is a sign of things to come, I'll never again be hesitant to preorder their figures lol

I know I’ll be happy with the sculpted hair that I ordered for both but man that rooted hair looks amazing. Hope this is a home run and they can keep making amazing figures. Very excited for the Batman as well.

Some update photos seem to be popping up on their weibo social media. Progress on the factory production process for the figure.

Quality looks to match the prototype to me. Making me really excited to see how good it's all looking. :blissy

RlWCRRp.jpg

qbBChQH.jpg

cnSql9v.png

F6XaZqx.jpg

Looks better than I expected. That's good news for Pennywise and Gandalf.

Last edited:
From preorder to potential ship date at less than a year is really incredible at this quality level too. I wonder if INART will be able to make that timeframe a regular thing on most figures.
My prediction? Probably not. Maybe for like MAJOR characters...but on the reg? Nah. This release is important for them on many levels. They wanna make waves in the 1/6 scale world and in order to do so, joker has to meet 2 requirements; needs to look as good or better than proto, and it releases in less than a year.

BOOM now its got people talking about them and their name is out there.

But over time, less popular characters will probably not be prioritized because I can’t imagine any company producing a large batch of figures in less than a year, consistently.

This release is important for them on many levels. They wanna make waves in the 1/6 scale world and in order to do so, joker has to meet 2 requirements; needs to look as good or better than proto, and it releases in less than a year.

One of the main reasons I PO'd their first effort.

I hope I am rewarded... and in return, I hope to reward InArt with more POs upfront.

One of the main reasons I PO'd their first effort.

I hope I am rewarded... and in return, I hope to reward InArt with more POs upfront.
Yup, same.

Some here may think this is BS, but honestly I never doubted or questioned InArt’s promises. Maybe there was an extremely tiny amount, 0.001% of fear it will come out like trash...but I was confident the final will live up to expectations.

Many companies have come and gone with the promise of being the next step in 1/6 scale, and most if not all have failed. But there was something different with IA and the way they stepped out of the gate, offering collectors some outlandish and inconceivable promises. And people were right to be skeptical. But what gave me confidence in them was the way they made those promises. They made videos with their lead sculptor and head of the company Essentially telling us “we’re here and we ain’t ******* around. When we tell you what’s gonna happen, ITS GONNA happen”.

...you don’t step into the ring challenging the holder of the belt whilst talking mad smack...I mean, you CAN do that, but your @$$ better have some serious skills to back up that smack...Like...who does that??

Also, let’s not forget HT ‘all of a sudden-totally out of nowhere-“step up in quality...clearly something had them shook.

So seeing these photos of their mass produced joker...yeah, it was to be expected.

The question is...can they keep up this quality for future figures...THAT is the real test.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed that they also haven't painted the pink of his lower eyelid, it's all black all the way to the eyeball itself. That's a miss from the proto. In general the biggest step down seems to be the moveable eye housing, which for Joker is passable, but will need significant improvement on normal characters; though that may appear exaggerated because of the all black paint app.

Again, I am very pleased to see what I am seeing. I think they are off to a good start, but will have to really soar on Gandalf to keep their footing. The hair is definitely a step forward for mass production, however the paints still are not HT-killer level as many had expected/hoped. Very good, no doubt, but third party companies have been doing paint apps at this level for a while now.

For me, I had no idea what to expect. But the promises were so exciting that I just had to be part of it and support it with a PO. I've been waiting for the 'next change' for the industry for so long. I really hope this is the beginning of a new phase.

Sideshow ruled 1/6th for a brief time -- 2005 with the Star Wars license until 2008 when Hot Toys got TDK and really changed the game. For 14 years HT has been king. 14 years compared to the measly 3 years for Sideshow (which at the time seemed so much longer). And for 14 years the growth in innovation has been very slow. It really is time for some major changes to the hobby. It's about time for "next level" thinking.

I just noticed that they also haven't painted the pink of his lower eyelid, it's all black all the way to the eyeball itself. That's a miss from the proto. In general the biggest step down seems to be the moveable eye housing, which for Joker is passable, but will need significant improvement on normal characters; though that may appear exaggerated because of the all black paint app.

Again, I am very pleased to see what I am seeing. I think they are off to a good start, but will have to really soar on Gandalf to keep their footing. The hair is definitely a step forward for mass production, however the paints still are not HT-killer level as many had expected/hoped. Very good, no doubt, but third party companies have been doing paint apps at this level for a while now.
I think there’s some skin tone in there. If we’re to believe Joker lines just above his bottom eyelashes too then that’s how it should look, the little shelf above the eye lashes would be half makeup and half skin tone.

Attachments

• 4052C3C9-0942-491A-823B-CC36890D3840.jpeg
    4052C3C9-0942-491A-823B-CC36890D3840.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
...you don’t step into the ring challenging the holder of the belt whilst talking mad smack...I mean, you CAN do that, but your @$$ better have some serious skills to back up that smack...Like...who does that??
José Aldo Junior

Given the production time I'm impressed I wasn't expecting this till December - March. Glad I pre ordered looks really good so far.

I never understood with amount of money Hot toys make why they don't expand their own factory to speed up figures. Very impressed so far with in-art.

Back