1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - The Dark Knight - Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I assess how great a villain is I always think about three things, performance, how compelling the character is by themselves, and if their presence is unavoidable in pop-culture. Would they get put on your radar even if you hadn’t seen the film?

The only ones that come close I can think of are Bane, Thanos, and Homelander.

Bane’s performance is there IMO and he definitely has quotes and stylistic aspects like his voice that have deeply infiltrated pop culture and are still seen and heard ten years later, but as a character he’s not as compelling because that movie was supposed to be more about Bruce so the villains are treated a bit more like plot devices than Joker who’s presence in TDK is intended to make Batman seem pointless for most of the movie.

Thanos is compelling and has quotes and ideas that have infiltrated the public conscious but the performance doesn’t stand out to me.

Homelander’s performance is there, he’s a very compelling and somehow kind of likable bad guy despite being diabolical, yet I don’t feel like he’s infiltrated the public conscious.

There really aren’t many that stand out in all three areas and I struggle to even remember who most marvel villains were… Palpatine doesn’t count because he’s recycled from the 80s lol.
Homelander is a really really good one

I think between McKellen & Fassbender, Magneto should be up there. For the average person after Wolverine he’s probably the face of the X-Men, with Xavier rounding up the Top X-3.

When I assess how great a villain is I always think about three things, performance, how compelling the character is by themselves, and if their presence is unavoidable in pop-culture. Would they get put on your radar even if you hadn’t seen the film?

Bane’s performance is there IMO and he definitely has quotes and stylistic aspects like his voice that have deeply infiltrated pop culture and are still seen and heard ten years later, but as a character he’s not as compelling because that movie was supposed to be more about Bruce so the villains are treated a bit more like plot devices than Joker who’s presence in TDK is intended to make Batman seem pointless for most of the movie.

Thanos is compelling and has quotes and ideas that have infiltrated the public conscious but the performance doesn’t stand out to me.

Homelander’s performance is there, he’s a very compelling and somehow kind of likable bad guy despite being diabolical, yet I don’t feel like he’s infiltrated the public conscious.

There really aren’t many that stand out in all three areas and I struggle to even remember who most marvel villains were… Palpatine doesn’t count because he’s recycled from the 80s lol.
If Loki were still a villain, I would put him in this list. He is compelling, the performance is great, and he is ubiquitous. Problem is I guess he's not a villain anymore. Most of that is true for Kylo Ren as well. Great performance and he is ubiquitous, and the character is pretty compelling thanks to a great performance. But I think those two are memorable movie villains.

Antony Starr as Homelander is great. I can't separate the character from the actor and vice versa. Completely horrifying, monstrous, diabolical character yet somehow compelling, charismatic, and charming. Anyone who hasn't watched the boys ought to try it. If you are in to ultra-violence, satire, and super-heroes, that is. Not for the faint of heart. Also probably not for the right-leaning.

I think between McKellen & Fassbender, Magneto should be up there. For the average person after Wolverine he’s probably the face of the X-Men, with Xavier rounding up the Top X-3.
I agree, I thought Fassbender's Magneto was particularly compelling and as much as those movies were an overall disappointment I found his performance was raw and humanized the character. He also engaged in interesting ethical dialogues with Professor X especially when he responded to the "they're good men just following orders" plea from Charles.

Whilst Magneto is clearly a major villain in pop culture, the issue is those movies just weren't that good or that popular unfortunately so despite his excellent performance I doubt Fassbender's Magneto will ever get to top tier villain status.

As an aside, following Ledger's Joker the only villain as significant to me is Thanos and his impact on pop culture is undeniable regardless of whether you rate his performance in the MCU. If you have a Thanos on display in your collection there's almost no one who can't instantly identify him.

The Boys is one of the few good superhero shows. MCU Disney stuff is trash in comparison (aside from Daredevil/Punisher if you count that as Disney).

I agree, I thought Fassbender's Magneto was particularly compelling and as much as those movies were an overall disappointment I found his performance was raw and humanized the character. He also engaged in interesting ethical dialogues with Professor X especially when he responded to the "they're good men just following orders" plea from Charles.

Whilst Magneto is clearly a major villain in pop culture, the issue is those movies just weren't that good or that popular unfortunately so despite his excellent performance I doubt Fassbender's Magneto will ever get to top tier villain status.

As an aside, following Ledger's Joker the only villain as significant to me is Thanos and his impact on pop culture is undeniable regardless of whether you rate his performance in the MCU. If you have a Thanos on display in your collection there's almost no one who can't instantly identify him.
I think as a general name Magneto is up there. Maybe not Ledger-Level as a specific cinematic portrayal, but pretty much everyone knows Magneto if they're even a little bit engaged with pop culture.

Homelander is a great villain but not sure he's likeable. He's the most vile and repulsive character I can remember. Joker seems rather nice by comparison. :lol

I think Magneto fails to qualify because, despite being an antagonist, he’s not really a villain in the sense that the audience fears for the well-being of the heroes when they’re around him.
When Vader shows up, your heroes are in trouble! Joker walks into a room- the unpredictability creates tension. He kills and schemes just to toy with Batman and test his will. Homelander is riveting- every time he’s on screen you wonder what the hell is this maniac gonna do. Thanos in Infinity War had a similar presence. He was so in control of every situation that once he’s in the vicinity, you fee the sense of helplessness of all other characters who have to fight with all they have just to have a hope of even slowing him down.
Magneto is more likely to have a philosophical discussion with Charles than hurt him so we rarely fee the sense of threat when he’s around.

He’s just one step beyond an antihero in the movies. He’s been terribly wronged in many ways and his vengeance and ideology are completely justified; the heroes mostly just disapprove of his approach.
The people Magneto goes after totally deserve it. Who doesn’t want to watch him slaughter the Nazis who abused him as a child or the political class who created policies and machines of death to eradicate his kind, the scientific, military facility that’s producing a so called ‘cure’ to his existence? Kill em all!

X1 is the only time he was the real villain of the story but, even then, his scheme was not particularly evil. He wanted to convert world leaders into mutants so they would become more sympathetic to his kind. A little extreme but still rational given that mutants are so violently discriminated against and have no political support.

He’s an excellent character and a great ideological antagonist to the X-Men and Charles’ philosophy of peace, cooperation and coexistence through acceptance. He’s just not been presented as a villain to be feared.

Shipping is up across the board although TBA is still more reasonable than say TW.

And with TW there are a number of things, outrageous shipping costs, dodgy behavior such as the Inart Joker thing and just rumors that they are not doing well. The constant discounts and sales may be a clue. I had been asking about orders that they did not have like the second Neca MacReady that they insisted they did not have yet but everyone else did have so I eventually canceled my last couple of orders with them. Easy process and got all my money back.

Re Go Figure they have not put up any HT pre-orders since this time last year except the one off of the Delorean. They were my go to place because their prices were the lowest I could find, shipping was free, it was a local business which I wanted to support and they are just the most genuine people I have ever come across in all my years of collecting. Yes their website is a pain if you want to browse but if you know what you want it’s easy to find. They still have older preorders on there and they are still honoring my nearly two year old preorders. I’ve asked them several times and they have said staff shortages and covid but I don’t think it’s that. It’s more likely a cost/politics thing. But they do have terrific older figures they put up regularly at great prices, and zero pleather etc issues.
PM me, I may have some info on local orders you might be interested in but I can‘t DM you.

I think Magneto fails to qualify because, despite being an antagonist, he’s not really a villain in the sense that the audience fears for the well-being of the heroes when they’re around him.
When Vader shows up, your heroes are in trouble! Joker walks into a room- the unpredictability creates tension. He kills and schemes just to toy with Batman and test his will. Homelander is riveting- every time he’s on screen you wonder what the hell is this maniac gonna do. Thanos in Infinity War had a similar presence. He was so in control of every situation that once he’s in the vicinity, you fee the sense of helplessness of all other characters who have to fight with all they have just to have a hope of even slowing him down.
Magneto is more likely to have a philosophical discussion with Charles than hurt him so we rarely fee the sense of threat when he’s around.

He’s just one step beyond an antihero in the movies. He’s been terribly wronged in many ways and his vengeance and ideology are completely justified; the heroes mostly just disapprove of his approach.
The people Magneto goes after totally deserve it. Who doesn’t want to watch him slaughter the Nazis who abused him as a child or the political class who created policies and machines of death to eradicate his kind, the scientific, military facility that’s producing a so called ‘cure’ to his existence? Kill em all!

X1 is the only time he was the real villain of the story but, even then, his scheme was not particularly evil. He wanted to convert world leaders into mutants so they would become more sympathetic to his kind. A little extreme but still rational given that mutants are so violently discriminated against and have no political support.

He’s an excellent character and a great ideological antagonist to the X-Men and Charles’ philosophy of peace, cooperation and coexistence through acceptance. He’s just not been presented as a villain to be feared.
But all of Mutants are the villains! It should be one of humanity's priorities to purge them if they won't accept a cure.

40k-astartes.gif

X-Verse humans are retards for building giant death robots, and all mutants are villains since none of them want their conditions treated. I still enjoy the Summers Soap Opera, but the "allegory" is one of them dumbest pieces of narrative in any fictional universe.

Globherman-featured.png

Glob is fine the way he is and he doesn't need "cures" and whatever. The next step of human evolution right there!

1d102ac2acf0496af9b6c49b872f2f8c.jpg

Last edited:
For me, a truly great villain needs to do horrible things, but for reasons that on some level seem logical, but misguided, thanos killing half of all life to prolong the quality of life for the other half, vader trying to recruit luke to get rid of the emporer to rule the galaxy as father and son, vito corleone trying to legitimize the family etc.

the ledger joker on the other hand is trying to be chaos and thats all. he is a reaction to order which makes him a compelling villain. So in his own way joker is a great foil but harder for me to relate to, but maybe that was the point. Bane was not nearly as interesting to me because I felt he had a lot of joker-like qualities but not the same charisma, it felt like a lot of what happens in TDKR was intended for joker but changed to bane after Ledger's death.

For me, a truly great villain needs to do horrible things, but for reasons that on some level seem logical, but misguided, thanos killing half of all life to prolong the quality of life for the other half, vader trying to recruit luke to get rid of the emporer to rule the galaxy as father and son, vito corleone trying to legitimize the family etc.

the ledger joker on the other hand is trying to be chaos and thats all. he is a reaction to order which makes him a compelling villain. So in his own way joker is a great foil but harder for me to relate to, but maybe that was the point. Bane was not nearly as interesting to me because I felt he had a lot of joker-like qualities but not the same charisma, it felt like a lot of what happens in TDKR was intended for joker but changed to bane after Ledger's death.
Bane was a simp

Queen decided to add the staff for the gandalf figure. Lets get them to add the shotgun for joker 😂

If this were Molecule8 we’d have his giant “SLAUGHTER is the best medicine” semi truck as a preorder bonus.

Back