1/6 INART (Queen Studio) - LOTR Figures Wishlist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the reason I only like rooted hair on characters that already have messy hair. That Joaquin bust would look fine after a little bit of grease and a tussle.

I actually like some Dam Toys bodies so that's a plus.
Me too, I was just thinking that! lol And the Joker prototype body looked perfect so any body that keeps that look is fine with me. (sorry I deleted my earlier post lol)

I still wonder how the magnetic arms would work with Damtoys bodies (maybe just new forearms), I hope we find out this year.

Last edited:
If we end up with floppy bodies and Barbie hair though, I'll be... disappointed.

:lol

cf766dc29290cd3bd8d3283be9ea455faa00d6a6.gifv

I actually like some Dam Toys bodies so that's a plus.
Them using Damtoys bodies is a good thing if it turns out to be to true, I'm just saying it's absolutely not in line with the information they've given that every figure will have a unique body, unless by unique they mean making new semaless arms for characters that need them, I classify a unique body as something completely new, a modified body is likely what they'll be using, as I said they still have a lot to learn when it comes to mass producing 1/6 scale figures, customizers on their team may have some expirience with customs and Viper has the expirience of a limited mass produced run of Joker figures under his belt but they're definitely not ready for the daunting task of mass producing thousands of these things, especially in today's conditions, but as I said many times before, I hope they succeed it just feels like they may end up shooting themselves in the foot with all the promises and expectations they've created.

Them using Damtoys bodies is a good thing if it turns out to be to true, I'm just saying it's absolutely not in line with the information they've given that every figure will have a unique body, unless by unique they mean making new semaless arms for characters that need them, I classify a unique body as something completely new, a modified body is likely what they'll be using, as I said they still have a lot to learn when it comes to mass producing 1/6 scale figures, customizers on their team may have some expirience with customs and Viper has the expirience of a limited mass produced run of Joker figures under his belt but they're definitely not ready for the daunting task of mass producing thousands of these things, especially in today's conditions, but as I said many times before, I hope they succeed it just feels like they may end up shooting themselves in the foot with all the promises and expectations they've created.
It really wreaks of a company who thought everything they did in statue form from constant communication, to even how they reveal and announce their pieces, was just able to be copied and pasted to figures. What they didn’t realise was that the figure community is so vastly different- that as you’ve seen- skepticism surrounds them now. I think InArt will end up being another divisive company for the community- not some saviour coming to strike HT down, just as Queen hasn’t overtaken the statue market. Some will love them, some will loathe them, the rest of us will get our popcorn buckets out to enjoy the show.

Last edited:
It really wreaks of a company who thought everything they did in statue form from constant communication, to even how they reveal and announce their pieces, was just able to be copied and pasted to figures. What they didn’t realise was that the figure community is so vastly different- that as you’ve seen- skepticism surrounds them now. I think InArt will end up being another divisive company for the community- not some saviour coming to strike HT down, just as Queen hasn’t overtaken the statue market. Some will love them, some will loathe then, the rest of us will get our popcorn buckets out to enjoy the show.
Agreed, it's a very different market and they haven't always succeeded with their statues/busts/props either, I mean it's perfectly normal, every company has products that sadly don't turn out as good as expected, but they have done questionable things, like the Joker mask prop they bought in bulk from Taobao and repainted and sold it for double the price or more, most of their stuff is shipped in batches too and people will be waiting ages for their limited runs to ship, then there's the fact the artist editions of their 1/4 Joker was advertised as being exclusively rooted by Viper and then turns out he only did a few...

If I recall when Queen got licensed they behaved just like this, making big promises and everyone thought they would be the end of Prime1 and so on and yet they're still around and well, Queen just became another player in that field, much like in the end they will just be another player in the 1/6 field and not the be-all and end-all everyone is hyping them up to be, one thing I am sure of is it won't be smooth sailing for them, the 1/6 market is extremely demanding in almost every aspect, and production runs are completely different from statues.

InArt claimed a darkened photo of Ian McKellen in costume was a first glimpse of their Gandalf figure so I’m not surprised that ‘unique bodies for every character’ actually just means ‘we’ll use ankle extenders and fat suits where necessary.’

I’m kind of glad they’re starting with Gandalf and then presumably moving to Legolas. I want Aragorn the most but need him to be perfect and IA undoubtedly will be learning and working out kinks in the production process after each release.
I’m pretty satisfied with my Crown Gandalf so, although I’m highly likely to buy IA’s, I’m not that fussed how it turns out. Just means I can have a GTG all robed up with his hat on at Hobitton with Bilbo and a scruffy one reenacting the Balrog standoff.

Oddly enough, not wanting to part with that poorly connecting gate diorama is the main reason I won’t be selling off my Crown Gandalf.

HTs lacklustre announcements of late is also letting me save plenty so I won’t feel so bad dropping the big bucks on these IA LOTR figures.

If this is the prototype it looks fantastic! Although, i saw Asmus' Nagzul and i'm liking the way it looks so far- i hope it doesn't have any drop offs.. and technically, Gandalf was not in pursuit of the one ring :ROFLMAO:
It’s a photo from the movie, not a prototype. That said after seeing what’ve they’ve done so far with Gandalf, I’m starting to believe their Aragorn will look as good as that movie still.

If this is the prototype it looks fantastic! Although, i saw Asmus' Nagzul and i'm liking the way it looks so far- i hope it doesn't have any drop offs.. and technically, Gandalf was not in pursuit of the one ring :ROFLMAO:
That’s what I said few pages back lol. I guess it’s more dramatic written that way, everyone is after the One ring, who will get it first!

Back