1/6 Hot Toys - WW1984 - Wonder Woman (Golden Armor) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can make it work easy, but it’s back to the old -damage the figure if left like that-biggest problem is they’ve made a figure that has so much weight added to it that when you want to display it like that & they’ve just reused a over 10 year old display stand 🤦🏻‍♂️

So I'm just trying to understand here. How exactly would the figure get damaged? By the waist grabber/wing grabber contraption scratching the paint(?) - by falling over due to balance issues - both? Is it a rickety mess.

Yeah you would think of all figures this one would have came with one of those huge stands some other figures came with that didn't really need it if overall balance is the main concern. Just make it heavy or make it where you can pour your own sand into it like my speaker stands if they didn't want to add the shipping weight.

So I'm just trying to understand here. How exactly would the figure get damaged? By the waist grabber/wing grabber contraption scratching the paint(?) - by falling over due to balance issues - both? Is it a rickety mess.

Yeah you would think of all figures this one would have came with one of those huge stands some other figures came with that didn't really need it if overall balance is the main concern. Just make it heavy or make it where you can pour your own sand into it like my speaker stands if they didn't want to add the shipping weight.
I think you just hit the nail on the head by calling it a rickety mess. The way the wings are attached is half assed, at best at works with the regular wings but the extended wings version just doesn’t.
The weight of the wings-their attached to the figures back by the same way-actually pulls the figure. It will break over a very small amount of time you can tell.
The display stand is a massive issue but it’s the lack of engineering in making a stand that suits it & more importantly a correct way to install the wide wings in the figure without actually pulling it apart.
It’s a fragile figure to begin with and I’m sure it’ll cause a lot of frustration with 1st time hot toys buyers never mind long time owners.
This will be a headache for hot toys.

Yeah I was thinking the attach points on the wings should have been metal. But we all know Metal is a premium for hot toys as I open this chili can and toss it.
Love that! I had chilli for dinner tonight too luckily it wasn’t a die cast can tho or I would of had to remortgage my house 😂

Last edited:
And I thought vaccine hesitancy was a big problem for me. It doesn't compare to Hot Toys Wonder Woman Golden Armor hesitancy. :rotfl

I just noticed that Giantoy already has the knockoff version of this sculpt up for order, if you don't want to pay crazy prices for the real one on ebay. Although as usual this is likely the HT head in the photo and the final product won't look nearly as good.

Of course, even if it's slightly off it would probably still be a huge upgrade over the BVS and JL heads. Lol

a405e0a277956509ea5b9668d93ddda1_453x604.jpg

https://giantoy.com/collections/pre-order/products/1-6-nrtoys-nr34-head-sculpt

I just noticed that Giantoy already has the knockoff version of this sculpt up for order, if you don't want to pay crazy prices for the real one on ebay. Although as usual this is likely the HT head in the photo and the final product won't look nearly as good.

Of course, even if it's slightly off it would probably still be a huge upgrade over the BVS and JL heads. Lol

View attachment 556028

Wouldn't mind this but where can one find a 1/6 WW Tiara?

I can see it now. Headsculpt $32.99. Tiara $31.99. They could probably get away with charging that much, too. They know we’d need it.

View attachment 556028

Hmm interesting prospect.

I can see it now. Headsculpt $32.99. Tiara $31.99. They could probably get away with charging that much, too. They know we’d need it.
I'd never buy one at that price !

If they come out at $31 I'll 3D print some and sell them for a fraction of that price.

View attachment 556028

That's a pretty good option... thanks for the heads-up!

Also, bear in mind. If this indeed is a recast, the actual headsculpt when released will be around 5 to 10% smaller.

Back