1/6 Hot Toys - Venom: Let There Be Carnage - Carnage Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not be shocked to see a comic accurate Carnage 1/6 get announced and possibly even released before the HT one by a TP. Having a comic book character get a big movie release is only going to encourage more versions of them, especially with spider-man and his villains very popular right now.
It happened with Venom, there was another one done with the spider by soosoo toys if I'm not mistaken, so it's not too outlandish, especially with how bad hot toys has been getting with pre order dates stretching multiple years.

Carnage being so much taller than Venom really got on my nerves. WTF? It was like the folks at Sony said, “that Carnage design looks almost perfect, just make him another six feet taller than Venom so he’ll look really big and scary.” I know it’s movie accurate, but I can’t bring myself to order this. I’d rather see a third party company release a more comic-inspired Carnage as well as a Venom (with swap-out spider symbol torso) and She-Venom. Would also be up for other symbiotes like Scream, Toxin, Lasher, Phage, Riot and Agony.

Carnage being so much taller than Venom really got on my nerves. WTF? It was like the folks at Sony said, “that Carnage design looks almost perfect, just make him another six feet taller than Venom so he’ll look really big and scary.” I know it’s movie accurate, but I can’t bring myself to order this. I’d rather see a third party company release a more comic-inspired Carnage as well as a Venom (with swap-out spider symbol torso) and She-Venom. Would also be up for other symbiotes like Scream, Toxin, Lasher, Phage, Riot and Agony.
Same. I’m not getting it cause it’s just… stupid. It makes no sense. The charm of carnage is that he’s small but extremely deadly with lots of weapons and sharp objects coming out of his body. Making him some huge giant with a deep voice is a stupid decision in my opinion. Also the fact that Cletus abs carnage aren’t really bonded but kinda just tolerate eachother was stupid imo aswell.

SmartSelect_20220108-010500_Chrome.jpg
SmartSelect_20220108-010523_Chrome.jpg
SmartSelect_20220108-010605_Chrome.jpg
SmartSelect_20220108-010540_Chrome.jpg

I like the figure but am not familiar with the comic character. I dont think this is essential since my only experience with the character was in ultimate spiderman when he kills gwen stacy.

We got bootleg hot toys before, maybe somebody in china will buy the figure and sell him in proper scale, would definitely put in for that.

For me this is a case of wait and see if I still care when this finally releases.

I thought the movie was below average, but with the figure at this size, I could easily pretend that it's a 1/4 modernized comic Carnage. The closed-mouth sculpt would sell that look quite well IMO.

There's still the issue of venom and spider-man having no animosity towards each other since venom and spider-man have never met before. Eddie is also a good guy in this version of venom so i am unsure as to if they will even be enemies.
Venom has been a good guy in the comics since the 90's. Its not like making Eddie a good guy was a stretch because he always has been.

...and you brought it up: Carnage is not a PG13 guy, he is R-rated and thats just how it is. I want to weep considering the movie greatness we could have from this guy: his FUBAR childhood or lack of one, all the horrible things that happened to him. His relationship with Shriek, which is like Harley and Joker but with actual killing and just... -all- the things that make him not only to be feared, but to be pitied. That would be something to see, and I know we're not getting any of that.

With that said, I really also want that Brock bust but no way am I paying $500+ for this. That's just crazy.
I mean... all of the comics that feature carnage with the except of a tiny few are all PG with no blood or gore.

You could find any comic making some character dumb. We are talking spirit of the characters and Carnage and Venom are clearly R Rated characters. We will never know if R rated would've been a better box office and the PG-13 rating seemed to sell pretty well. Quality wise, it might've been a better film for it, but the dialogue wouldn't of changed and that is still a problem. :lol
Venom isnt an R rated character, but Carnage (in theory) can be.

Yea venom feels like a big dumb teddy bear in these films. He’s the guy that made spidey run for his life and fear for his entire family. He was unstoppable and threatening. Now he likes chocolate and whatnot. His design is very cool but yea I feel that even the raimi venom was more hostile and vicious than this venom.

Yea venom feels like a big dumb teddy bear in these films. He’s the guy that made spidey run for his life and fear for his entire family. He was unstoppable and threatening. Now he likes chocolate and whatnot. His design is very cool but yea I feel that even the raimi venom was more hostile and vicious than this venom.
Brock was a d***. He was the dumb grunt that went in head first and never thought it through. This Brock wants to avoid conflict and do his blog. Venom solves the problems so Brock in the end is totally worthless. Boba Fett ripped off Brock. :lol

I mean... all of the comics that feature carnage with the except of a tiny few are all PG with no blood or gore.

Of course they're not going to show a bunch of blood and gore in the comics. It was mostly implied.

Carnage/Kletus was a deeply-disturbed, animal-killing and parent-killing psychopath and they showed none of that, but we were told and that's all we need really. If things were done properly, his stuff would be a hard R-rating but it is what it is.

Back