1/6 Hot Toys - Venom: Let There Be Carnage - Carnage Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did a good job making an articulated figure of this guy look as good as they did. Seems like a statue unless you are really looking for those joints.

But damn do I hate the '90s. And nothing is more '90s than this guy.

Well, maybe Night Thrasher or mulleted Superman, but still.

That definitely would have been better if it was R rated only way you could do both characters in a film if Spider-man isn't in it.
Why do people say this, Carnage and Venom have always been goofy. Like, Carnage and Venom just sorta fight on the internet, or him playing chicken with Venom using school busses. Carnage's kills are always off screen or pg-13 tier. Sometimes you might see a bunch of dead bodies around him, but normally you don't see what he does. The most he ever killed was in Maximum Carnage, and the arc where he took over an entire stat, but I don't ever remember most of his exploits being shown because there were some guidelines for comic books back then, I think it was the comic's code authority?

For Venom his most brutal stuff was in the early Spider-man days, or the occasional stint with Gargan or when the suit was off him.

Why do people say this, Carnage and Venom have always been goofy. Like, Carnage and Venom just sorta fight on the internet, or him playing chicken with Venom using school busses. Carnage's kills are always off screen or pg-13 tier. Sometimes you might see a bunch of dead bodies around him, but normally you don't see what he does. The most he ever killed was in Maximum Carnage, and the arc where he took over an entire stat, but I don't ever remember most of his exploits being shown because there were some guidelines for comic books back then, I think it was the comic's code authority?

For Venom his most brutal stuff was in the early Spider-man days, or the occasional stint with Gargan or when the suit was off him.
You could find any comic making some character dumb. We are talking spirit of the characters and Carnage and Venom are clearly R Rated characters. We will never know if R rated would've been a better box office and the PG-13 rating seemed to sell pretty well. Quality wise, it might've been a better film for it, but the dialogue wouldn't of changed and that is still a problem. :lol

Just watched the movie, funny as hell and Carnage was great
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just watched the movie, funny as hell and Carnage was great
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Seeing a video of a just announced figure on their FB page always makes me think it hasn't sold well enough so far.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Carnage is completely bonded with the suit in most runs, even when it's "taken" from him. He can basically reconstitute from a couple of cells or a shred of the symbiote if he needs to. Even if you killed Cletus he's not really dead as long as a scrap of him is around, they forget that a lot in the comics, but even in things like mc2 just a little ball of him is enough for him to completely overwrite your personality and give you his powers.

The editorial and some elements in marvel really don't like Carnage, but the reality of it is, he is exactly as you describe, you can't really kill him. Essentially a more human the thing, although he doesn't completely destroy your body and you can still get him off, he himself can rebuild. I guess he's less scary that way?

I told myself I was out of the HT game after Scarlet Witch arrives. But this figure made me break that and order both Carnage and Venom. They look spectacular together! I haven't even seen the film yet.

I told myself I was out of the HT game after Scarlet Witch arrives. But this figure made me break that and order both Carnage and Venom. They look spectacular together! I haven't even seen the film yet.
it's worth it if you're a huge fan of both characters, but I think somebody said they might release a new version of Venom? I stayed away because of the seamless body and the price tag, but Carnage is made of sterner stuff, I'd assume the new one would be similar,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Who's getting this?
I'm starting to slowly accept that this probably be the only shot at a top quality 1/6th Carnage figure. I'll just have to deal with the height, but that price tag is still hard to swallow. I certainly want all the Spidey villains I can get. But I won't budge on not getting a Venom until that spider symbol is on him and has to look pretty close to the comic.

Who's getting this?
I pre-ordered instantly. Even if you didn't like movie Carnage, he looks so close to comic Carnage that it doesn't matter. The hot toys Venom is beautiful, and i'm sure this will be too.

I just don't need a Thanos sized Carnage. Otherwise it looks good, but I think it speaks to how juvenile the movie was that they thought they had to make carnage 10 feet tall to seem badass. Otherwise I think the figure looks pretty good.
The movie was indeed quite juvenile, more-so than the first, but I didn't have a problem with his height. There's plenty for me to complain about but height isn't really one of them.

We all know Carnage is traditionally leaner than Venom, usually with comparable height. However both have had variable and inconsistent height in the comics in years past. Sometimes Venom gets a lot beefier, sometimes Carnage gets a lot taller. It's really up to the story/artist. In some recent comics Carnage has become quite a bit taller than Venom.

So ultimately, I would say while it is not *typical* for Carnage to be so tall, it is not that outlandish either. The height is more open to interpretation, I don't take issue with it. Movie Carnage's overall build still appears stringier/leaner than Venom's smooth bulk, so they got the most important aspect of his build right. His personality on the other hand...

The movie was indeed quite juvenile, more-so than the first, but I didn't have a problem with his height. There's plenty for me to complain about but height isn't really one of them.

We all know Carnage is traditionally leaner than Venom, usually with comparable height. However both have had variable and inconsistent height in the comics in years past. Sometimes Venom gets a lot beefier, sometimes Carnage gets a lot taller. It's really up to the story/artist. In some recent comics Carnage has become quite a bit taller than Venom.

So ultimately, I would say while it is not *typical* for Carnage to be so tall, it is not that outlandish either. The height is more open to interpretation, I don't take issue with it. Movie Carnage's overall build still appears stringier/leaner than Venom's smooth bulk, so they got the most important aspect of his build right. His personality on the other hand...

Sure, overtime characters change size, sometimes becoming over 100 feet tall in some instances (Demogoblin.) Heck, we had a blue Electro in the films, so nothing is outlandish anymore. I guess I am attached to Carnage from the 1990s and 2000s, and want a figure that matches that to me. I get people mix scales of figures together as well without much issue. If carnage was the same height as venom, I could make that work for sure in a display. But a nearly 1/4 scale carnage just doesn't fit my 1/6 collection. Some people don't mind, and I think its still a cool figure, just not something I need to compromise on to get.

Really its the movies fault, but I guess they already had a carnage like villain in Venom1, so they had to add several feet in height to make Carnage stand out a bit more. People want to get this that is cool, just noting when asked that I was going to skip it.

Last edited:
I'm starting to slowly accept that this probably be the only shot at a top quality 1/6th Carnage figure. I'll just have to deal with the height, but that price tag is still hard to swallow. I certainly want all the Spidey villains I can get. But I won't budge on not getting a Venom until that spider symbol is on him and has to look pretty close to the comic.
This honestly, I can't afford him now, but I'll try when I do. It's a shame too because if he was just AS TALL AS VENOM or slightly taller than a regular hot toys, he would be perfect, and cheaper. I don't understand why they chose to make him this way. If SooSoo toys makes a comic carnage nearly this good without teh silicon like this one did away with, I will jump on that.

They did that venoim after all, didn't they?

This honestly, I can't afford him now, but I'll try when I do. It's a shame too because if he was just AS TALL AS VENOM or slightly taller than a regular hot toys, he would be perfect, and cheaper. I don't understand why they chose to make him this way. If SooSoo toys makes a comic carnage nearly this good without teh silicon like this one did away with, I will jump on that.

They did that venoim after all, didn't they?

I would not be shocked to see a comic accurate Carnage 1/6 get announced and possibly even released before the HT one by a TP. Having a comic book character get a big movie release is only going to encourage more versions of them, especially with spider-man and his villains very popular right now.

Back