1/6 Hot Toys -TMS065 - The Clone Wars: Captain Vaughn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First to admit that he looks great - but according to the animation earlier, it's still off on the visor sides.

The circled part is not on his bucket in the show.
417632-283717A4-FDAF-4BCC-9E09-F188D907AFB1.jpg

First to admit that he looks great - but according to the animation earlier, it's still off on the visor sides.

View attachment 609250

Something like that is just down to the simplified TCW animation style versus live action. TCW Cody also omits that piece, but the live action version has it and so does his figure accordingly.

Without getting into all the live action vs animated design choices, if Vaughn were depicted in live action as the figure more or less does, then his helmet would have that piece.

This figure looks great, really good. Articulates easily I find compared to many figures, and jetpack fits on very nicely. I missed out on Cody, remember reading that figure is a bit brittle and that this Vaughn is basically a repaint. Any issues to look out for please? First impression - contender for figure of the year for me.

This figure looks great, really good. Articulates easily I find compared to many figures, and jetpack fits on very nicely. I missed out on Cody, remember reading that figure is a bit brittle and that this Vaughn is basically a repaint. Any issues to look out for please? First impression - contender for figure of the year for me.
That little antenna on the shoulder is pretty fragile as I recall.

I love clones but objectively speaking I would never consider a helmeted clone to be a worthy candidate for figure of the year.

Nor one that is essentially a paint variant.
I don't even know who Vaughn is but I prefer this figure to Bo-Katan, Jango and snowspeeder Luke amongst others from this year. Didn't expect that, but that's how I feel. Bada** looking figure that has none of the frustration in articulating that I get with many others.

View attachment 609250
I will never be able to understand how people find such little details to point out that they're wrong. Seems so silly to me. But to each their own I guess.

I will never be able to understand how people find such little details to point out that they're wrong. Seems so silly to me. But to each their own I guess.
Honestly it does’t bother me. I was just stating that part still seemed off after we were all stating they fixed the helmet, myself included.

I’ll never understand why some collectors let other opinions get so far under their skin. :1-1:

Back